XS power downpipe and cat query

gez

S3 hunter
Reaction score
Just bought a XS power downpipe and sports cat for my S3.
Problem is the hole for the post cat lambda sensor has a thread but it blocked off at the bottom so the sensor will have no flow of emmisions to it.
Does anyone else have this on theirs? have people modified it or sent it back?
Any help apprciated

the thread goes about 3/4" into the pipe with a blocked end inside the boss.so even if i drill the bottom out it still wont get any flow

it needs drilling and will be fine, its like that so the exhaust can be ued on the older engines without a post cat lamba sensor. mike

the lambda probe extends from the end of the thread near on an inch IIRC...

Ok cool. So its not just mine then. Thought it may of been a munufaturer error. Ok thanks for the help

I had so many problems with the one I bought i sent it back and insisted that i got all my money back for postage the lot, the item is such a poor fit but then i guess u get what u pay for!

the problems my local revo centre (APD) said with the piece where

The downpipe turbo flange holes didn’t line up with the turbo, the corner of turbo flange interfered with a turbo stud.

The lower mounting bracket is welded incorrectly so it caught on the subframe.

The angle of the bend was incorrect, leaving the system under tension when fitted.

The cat pipe was not angled correctly, resulting in the system not lining up.

The cat pipe was too short leaving a gap bigger than a normal exhaust sleeve.

A few pics of the piece "fitted" to the car!

4659796682_633de54395_b.jpg

4659793428_91018b44d8_b.jpg

4659791892_7559975b84_b.jpg

4659788904_7d36b51862_b.jpg

looks like you had a really bad one, mine wasn't that bad at all?

maybe! they had no problems refunding the item after seeing the pictures I just had to fight a bit to get my postage back,

Ended up buying a blueflame 3" downpipe and cat and so far no complaints really although I do have a slight rattle at the mo that I need to get fixed

Dan, what exhaust were you connecting it to? after market or OE cat back?

I read somewhere on the forum that a member contacted xs power and told them about the fitting problems and they were going to modify any new ones so they fit better?!?!

thought id post in here rather than starting a new thread.
i brought a 3" downpipe and decat off ebay was a cheapy one took it to the garage yesterday where i helped fitting it.
the flanges etc. are perfect fit the only thing is we couldnt get it to fit as the rear axle is in the way, im finding it very hard to find parts for my car as its the a3 1.8t quattro it has the same flange as the a3 but same layout as the s3 does anyone know where i can get downpipe and decat that will fit? or should i buy a s3 downpipe and decat and cut the flange off and weld the flange for the a3 onto it?

I had so many problems with the one I bought i sent it back and insisted that i got all my money back for postage the lot, the item is such a poor fit but then i guess u get what u pay for!

the problems my local revo centre (APD) said with the piece where

The downpipe turbo flange holes didn’t line up with the turbo, the corner of turbo flange interfered with a turbo stud.

The lower mounting bracket is welded incorrectly so it caught on the subframe.

The angle of the bend was incorrect, leaving the system under tension when fitted.

The cat pipe was not angled correctly, resulting in the system not lining up.

The cat pipe was too short leaving a gap bigger than a normal exhaust sleeve.

A few pics of the piece "fitted" to the car!

wow, sounds like a precision product

thought i'd let potential buyers know about mine, it has been on for a bout 6 month and not only was it a pain in the **** to fit, ive found a crack on the underside part right next to the flange so have had it welded up for now and plan on buying a better one. mike

ps. all brackets were used and still cracked

I have bought one of these also and plan to fit shortly.

Will let you know my thoughts when done.