Windscreen washer fluid capacity

Tempz

Reaction score
Can someone kindly tell me the capacity of my windscreen washer fluid tank?
I've had a look in the handbook and it says approx 4 litres if vehicle has auxiliary heating, which I don't know if I have haha.
Also, can the concentrate washer fluid be mixed with normal tap water?

Many thanks.

I would imagine that auxiliary heating is electric heating that is available until the engine coolant is up to temperature or for use in addition to normal heating in extreme weather but regarding tap water, normally I fill my washer reservoirs with washer fluid and no tap water then I know it won't freeze when squirted but I doubt if tap water will have much effect on the workings unless you're in a very hard water area.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sorry don't know the capacity but if that's to calculate 50 50 volumes I wouldn't bother just fill with a suitable neat solution

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I've got 4 bottles of 500ml Quantum screenwash concentrate. Says 1 part screenwash to 1 part water.

Get a one litre bottle and put the mix into that, then fill up the car accordingly. Each 1 litre you put in will be mixture that you desire so it won't matter.

Personally, I just throw about 200-300 ml in the washer tank and then fill up with water afterwards during summer months.
In the winter I stick a litre in and then top off with water.

Have to say i just use it neat then after a few months top it up with water again as the level drops.

Can someone kindly tell me the capacity of my windscreen washer fluid tank?
I've had a look in the handbook and it says approx 4 litres if vehicle has auxiliary heating, which I don't know if I have haha.
Also, can the concentrate washer fluid be mixed with normal tap water?

Many thanks.

Taken from another site so hope it explains what Aux heating is ( Not sure which function you are referring to. The Aux Heater is an option that isn't available in the UK; it is a separate petrol / diesel heater specifically fitted to pre-warm the cabin before you get into the car. It comes with its own remote control fob and costs a couple of thousand pounds or so as an option in those countries that have it available. In the MMI there are settings for the Aux Heater, including programmable time slots for it to be automatically activated; you would only see these MMI screens if the Aux Heater had been installed.

On diesel cars there is a supplementary electric heating element in the heater system that provides warm air for demisting / defrosting when you first set off before the diesel engine has acquired enough warmth to do the job (usually petrol cars do not have a supplementary heater as they warm up quickly). There are no programmable settings for this heater, it just works when the engine is cold. It is not usually powerful enough to warm the whole cabin through, it is there for demisting. )