Wheels Colour

Which wheel colours?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wing Lun

A3 Sportback
Reaction score
I've been seriously considering getting my standard wheels painted. If you've been following me here, I'd bought my car less than a year ago, but the dealers had refurbed the wheels not only one, but TWICE! I didn't know using a jet spray would damage the wheels which Audi damaged from their free wash, left the alloys flaking. I've never chased upon it, but it's reached a point where I need to do something with my alloys before it gets worse, that's why I seek advice from y'all.

I was considering buying some genuine 18s including tyres but you're looking around over £800+ I think the "brilliant silver" colour is too bright when the car is fully washed. My car is monsoon grey which is a lighter grey compared to the Daytona Grey. I'm swaying towards a light gunmetal finish, but what do you guys think?

IMG 20190119 105242

I think anthracite (I think it is) grey would go well with your car.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wing Lun, V6_Man and Audi Bairn
A medium anthracite would look good, not too dark and not the same as the bodywork.

Reactions: Wing Lun
How about this rs3 rotor style dipped wheel?

Attachments

• 20190218_191849.jpg
    20190218_191849.jpg
    725.1 KB · Views: 508
How about this rs3 rotor style dipped wheel?

Never actually thought of theis style, looks pretty dope...good creativity! :icon thumright:
But I think from the comments and poll above, might go for light gunmetal effect

I’ve gone black with milled accents. I would definitely not go full black. If you stick with the same size new should be in the £500 range with £200 back for the originals.

Attachments

• 902E1793-8DDB-44B0-B69C-C37B462D5F47.jpeg
    902E1793-8DDB-44B0-B69C-C37B462D5F47.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 741
Reactions: Wing Lun and Adam14
What do you think of anthracite + polished? My new car will be nano grey and it will come with the standard silver 18" s-line alloys. I'm going to plastidip the wheels in anthracite grey but leave the polished parts silver, so they will look like these or may be a little lighter: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R245DAS-...IN-SPOKE-ANTHRACITE-ALLOY-WHEELS/233117339623

Yeah I've seen some wheels exactly like those, looks very neat! Sometimes it's abit difficult for people to define the anthracite colour and the last thing I need are dark grey wheels...dont want the colour of the wheels to overpower the colour of my car if you get me.

Originally I had a similar idea below... leave the front face silver and maybe anthracite matt black on the inside...but never seen it on a car before...wouldn't suit my car's monsoon grey colour I reckon.

S l1cgg600

I’ve gone black with milled accents. I would definitely not go full black. If you stick with the same size new should be in the £500 range with £200 back for the originals.

Thanks for your comment, appreciate your input! Nice wheels you got on your car tho, all you need are lowering springs to close the gaps in the wheel arches :thumbs up:

Yeah I've seen some wheels exactly like those, looks very neat! Sometimes it's abit difficult for people to define the anthracite colour and the last thing I need are dark grey wheels...dont want the colour of the wheels to overpower the colour of my car if you get me.

Originally I had a similar idea below... leave the front face silver and maybe anthracite matt black on the inside...but never seen it on a car before...wouldn't suit my car's monsoon grey colour I reckon.
I get you. The wheels I shown you were just an example of a custom two-color design. I agree that the grey on them is too dark for a monsoon grey car. I googled pictures of monsoon grey Audi S3 (I always search the S3 instead of the A3 as it has better color/design choices) and from what I saw the oem titanium grey polished wheels suit the monsoon grey best, IMHO. What do you think of these alloys: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Audi-Wheels-S3-18-Inches/264178937833 ?

I've been seriously considering getting my standard wheels painted. If you've been following me here, I'd bought my car less than a year ago, but the dealers had refurbed the wheels not only one, but TWICE! I didn't know using a jet spray would damage the wheels which Audi damaged from their free wash, left the alloys flaking. I've never chased upon it, but it's reached a point where I need to do something with my alloys before it gets worse, that's why I seek advice from y'all.

I was considering buying some genuine 18s including tyres but you're looking around over £800+ I think the "brilliant silver" colour is too bright when the car is fully washed. My car is monsoon grey which is a lighter grey compared to the Daytona Grey. I'm swaying towards a light gunmetal finish, but what do you guys think?

View attachment 175887

I'd buy some 18's the standard alloys on the sport are horrific and I think 18's really sharpen up the look of the A3. My car is also monsoon grey and I really love the alloys I have, admittedly they need a refurb. https://i.imgur.com/LxpexZw.jpg here they are, apologies for the dirt, it has since been cleaned.

Last edited:
Reactions: dp_motley and Sandra
I get you. The wheels I shown you were just an example of a custom two-color design. I agree that the grey on them is too dark for a monsoon grey car. I googled pictures of monsoon grey Audi S3 (I always search the S3 instead of the A3 as it has better color/design choices) and from what I saw the oem titanium grey polished wheels suit the monsoon grey best, IMHO. What do you think of these alloys: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Audi-Wheels-S3-18-Inches/264178937833 ?

Definitely agree, I've seen these but 19s on a sportback, but it just looked too weird maybe it didn't have any lowering springs and the ride looked higher. But since those are 18s they should look better :icon thumright: Unfortunately won't be able to fork out £900 lol.
My problem is the bodykit of the sportback compared to the S-Line trim level...I just feel any type of wheels will fit the S-Line cause the front bumper looks more aggressive and stylish and will complement it compared to the sportback. So with my sportback it's kinda limited with certain alloys style but that's my opinion.

photo111.jpg

I'd buy some 18's the standard alloys on the sport are horrific and I think 18's really sharpen up the look of the A3. My car is also monsoon grey and I really love the alloys I have, admittedly they need a refurb. https://i.imgur.com/LxpexZw.jpg here they are, apologies for the dirt, it has since been cleaned.

Sorry was your standard alloys like my car at the top of this thread with 17s or the 16s? Tbh I've always wanted your alloys, its oem and looks stylish, but can't find any online for a decent price :search:Looks like yours are diamond cut 18s?

Sorry was your standard alloys like my car at the top of this thread with 17s or the 16s? Tbh I've always wanted your alloys, its oem and looks stylish, but can't find any online for a decent price :search:Looks like yours are diamond cut 18s?

Yeah they are diamond cut and polished, which is very nice until they get kerbed, which then makes it an expensive repair, but they came with my car from the factory. The alloys are one of the reasons I chose this car to be honest. I think the alloys which come standard with the S-Line also look really good.

Yeah they are diamond cut and polished, which is very nice until they get kerbed, which then makes it an expensive repair, but they came with my car from the factory. The alloys are one of the reasons I chose this car to be honest. I think the alloys which come standard with the S-Line also look really good.

Found this on autotrader, what you think? Are the wheels too dark?

15507532625c6e9dee51eb0 dsc00522

15507533495c6e9e455bb97 dsc09126

Had mine powder coated anthracite

Attachments

• 3DB28DCC-DED8-4186-9C15-9E693386345E.jpg
    3DB28DCC-DED8-4186-9C15-9E693386345E.jpg
    969.7 KB · Views: 721
Reactions: dp_motley, Wing Lun and dmpx