Wheel spacer help

shash_128

Reaction score
Hi, I have an Audi A4 b7 2.0 tfsi special edition.. bought some 12mm spacers (24mm per axle) however the hub lip is too long so the spacers don’t sit flush.

Would it be ok to cut off 3mm off the hub lip? Or are there 12mm spacers that fit without having to do this?

Thank you

Normal really , you need to grind of a bit, done it myself , very straight forward with a small angle grinder just keep an eye on how much you are removing, don't go into the raised lip part as that centres the wheel hub boss or spacer boss on the hub.
Mtech4 LI

Last edited:
If you have a dremel type tool maybe easier to modify the spacer as there generally aluminium rather than goin at the steel hub, plus if you make a mistake its only a replacement spacer required

Reactions: Charlie Farley
angle grinder and steady hand , mistakes , what are they.lol

It may be specific brands that are effected, my spacers would not sit flush so off with the outer few mm, job done, provided you don't start removing the raised lip it is a easy solution for most fittments.

Hi, thanks for all the advice guys.. I ended up doing what just rob said and grinded off 2mm of the hub lip, was quite easy.

They were just some cheap eBay spacers, should of ordered some quality ones. Ordered 20mm ones for the rear, hopefully I won’t have to modify the hub lip.

Put spacers on so my bbs lm alloys from my old b6 a4 would clear the big brake calipers on my b7.

Attachments

• 1AE6ED41-AEF8-4BB6-881D-6B346E1534A2.png
    1AE6ED41-AEF8-4BB6-881D-6B346E1534A2.png
    737.2 KB · Views: 199