Wheel colours

steve184

Reaction score
Hi - following on from another thread - i will soon be having my wheels (5 arm 18" s-line) shot blasted and completely re-powder coated inside and out.

At this point i am obviously able to choose colour - different silvers, greys, even body colour if i like.

So my question is simple - on a dolphin grey sport what colour wheels look good - or should i stick with the original colour and just have them re-done like that to keep contrast?

Cheers

I think anthracite would look awesome, similar to the colour of your car and the colour is definitely 'in' at the moment, depends what sort of look your wantin really.

You thought about matt black..?

Hi - following on from another thread - i will soon be having my wheels (5 arm 18" s-line) shot blasted and completely re-powder coated inside and out.

At this point i am obviously able to choose colour - different silvers, greys, even body colour if i like.

So my question is simple - on a dolphin grey sport what colour wheels look good - or should i stick with the original colour and just have them re-done like that to keep contrast?

Cheers

Where will you getting your wheels done Steve. I ordered the optional 16-spoke 17" alloys on my latest A3 but they now come in a two-tone finish, which I was not over keen on. So I've just has them cleaned down and re-powdered coated to a single colour silver by Pristine Alloy Wheel Refurbishments in Milton Keynes. I have to say I'm extremely pleased with the results. They look just like the factory fitted ones I had on my previous Sportback.

I think anthracite would look awesome, similar to the colour of your car and the colour is definitely 'in' at the moment, depends what sort of look your wantin really.

You thought about matt black..?

Well i wasn't sure whether this would darken the car too much - i have had a play around in photoshop a little - i have seen these types of wheels on white cars and black cars and they look good but with mine being grey i'm not so sure - it might look like i'm trying to colour code when i'm not. At the minute i'm thinking play safe and stick to original colour but in the back of my head i'm thinking is this a wasted opportunity (especially since i'm not paying!)

mines dolphin grey also mate and am in the middle of the same problem,i had silver golf which looked well with darker wheels but i didnt know if it would be over the top with the car been dark,i was thinking of just doing them a different silver or getting something ie a one off mixed up and just doing the calipers black with the s-line decals on like some on here have done cos they look sweet

I think matching Dolphin grey would look great!

I have the same wheels and always thought about matching mine up in Akoya but never had the nerve!

I now have silver wheels on a silver car. Not everyone's choice but I like it.

Any further opinions/help?

I'm liking the colour of the 'titanium' wheels on the A3 black - am i right in thinking these are a dark grey metallic but with no shine - ie matt? I'm thinking this is the way to go possibly but I don't want matt black.