Whats the passenger side fuse box cover called?

nothingness

Reaction score
This on the passenger side

JEmQuCg.png

Mine rattles and creaks like crazy, I can hear it over my exhaust, over music sometimes, over passengers talking and over the annoying rustling sound I have on boost which I figure is either a blowing exhaust or wastegate actuator rattle.

Spending this week fixing all the rattles my car makes so I can enjoy it!

Its either this cover or the passenger door, it sounds like it comes from the passenger air vent but I don't think its the vent or anything behind it. Pretty sure its the cover.

Wierdly it only does it when the tyres are warm....

Has anyone else had this? I found a post describing it, saying to use "cloth tape" to cover the bits that connect the panel to the dash. I have no idea what cloth tape is??

Cloth tape is this stuff, used to wrap car wiring looms , it isn’t terribly sticky but it does stick well to itself when it is wrapped around electrical wires etc....
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/tesa-Motor.../1845444106?iid=252275241094&var=551107393940
Tbh though I find it hard to believe that your end dash cover (or whatever it is called) could cause that much noise?
It is worth trying though, just to eliminate it as the source of the noise......

No not tried hinges. I don't think it comes from the door itself. If I stuff my finger in the gap between door and that panel the noise stops....

Remove the fuse cover for a while and drive the car. If the passenger door card is not fitted snugly it will rub on the fuse cover causing squeaky noises.

If that is what it is, any suggestions on what to put in between?

Can you get waterproof foam pads to cut to size?