What's leaking? :s

feck_on_a_stick

Reaction score
Was out giving the tail pipes a good polish and thought I'd have a good nosey round the rear of my S3. While I was under the car I noticed this seap.

Thought Id take a pic but no idea what it's coming from. Any ideas?

7be51310.jpg

The seap is at the top of the pic. I'm looking at it from the exhaust pipe and the rear passenger side wheel is just out of shot on the left of the photo.

you sure its not just water splashed from the road? Only thing around that height to leak is the fuel tank isnt it?

It's not from the road. It was last out on Saturday evening in the dry and it's been in the garage ever since.

I guess I'll have to reach under and scoop some to see if it smells of petrol. Are rusting tanks getting common in cars of this age?

Check you haven't spilt something in your boot, it'll drain out around that area.

I don't keep anything in the boot, apart from the usual tool kit and spare.

lol I'll give it a finger later on and see what it smells like. ooeer!

Is that one of the Haldex breather tubes? Perhaps your haldex has been over filled and/or the Haldex oil is making a bid for freedom?

Have you had the Haldex oil changed recently? Did they warm it before dumping the oil?

Liam

Is that one of the Haldex breather tubes? Perhaps your haldex has been over filled and/or the Haldex oil is making a bid for freedom?

Have you had the Haldex oil changed recently? Did they warm it before dumping the oil?

Liam

I believe the Haldex was replaced with a reconditioned unit by the previous owner not long before I bought it. Is that what that pipe is? I did notice one on the right hand side of the car which is dry.

Last edited:
Er ... don't ask me I'm just guessing :undwech:

I don't know nuffin' about Haldex - well I've just been reading up on it - which is why I answered your thread - I have some questions I want answered by Haldex experts ... I will be posting that shortly.

There are two breathers, one on the Haldex, the other on the diff - it occurred to me when looking at ETKA that it could be Haldex oil escaping ... or diff oil come to think of it :shrug: any way now you have more options.

7158847422_8c01663520_z.jpg

Liam