What to get done at 80k service ? S3.

• Thread starter imported_roydonaldson
  • Start date
I

imported_roydonaldson

Hi there,

I have a 2002 S3 and it has just come up telling me I have 500 miles left to it's next service. As the car is just under the 80k mark I think there are perhaps other things I need to get changed / done besides the service ?

Anyone have an idea of what the specific ones should be, or what are good things to do at the 80k mark ?

Thanks,
Roy.

Haldex oil and filter, Cambelt and water pump (if its not been done already), sparkplugs.. pretty much everything at 80k.

If its not been carried out already have the cambelt, tensioner, auxbelt and water pump changed. Also the spark plugs should be changed every 40k the haldex oil and filter should be changed every 20k and your brake fluid should be changed every 2 years. So I'd assume all of the above may need changing. Have a look through your service history to check.

Audi fix service prices: http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-with-audi/affordable-servicing.html

Ok, Cambelt was done at 60k already.

So, I guess I just need:

* Service
* Haldex Oil & Filter
* Brake Fluid
* Spark Plugs

?

Sounds about right, let me know pricing? I have this to look forward to in 13k miles!

Glasgow Audi:

Service (includes spark plugs) 249
Haldex Oil & Filter 159
Brake Fluid 49

Total: £457

Originally asked for £268 for the service, but I mentioned I'd seen the Audi fixed costs and they asked if that's what I'd rather pay.Brak Fluid's normally 68 as well.

Seem reasonable ?

Roy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, call around. A friend of mine sent me a document that listed the quoted pricing from 25 Audi dealerships for a cambelt change on a Mk1 TT.

One quote was £650, another was £350. 1minutes call = £300!!

JD

That sounds about right, (just confirm that the £250 service includes all filters) apart from the haldex oil and filter - Think I paid Jabba sport £70 for mine (3 years ago), the TT shop do it for £90, example independant prices:

http://www.thettshop.co.uk/servicing_mk1_4wd.asp

http://www.jabbasport.com/workshop.php

Just tell audi your ok with everything apart from the Haldex price and if they can do it for £90 you'll book your car in.

Couldn't agree more. Audi servicing are sales at the end of the day and want your money. If you go to them and say you can either have my money at £90 or nothing at all, they're not going to turn you down.

Even better if you have proof of them bartering with you already :eyebrows:

imported_roydonaldson have you looked at the independent places around glasgow?

A4Audi are not far out of town and could be a lot cheaper than Audi Glasgow.

I've also seen on some other audi sites people calling up VW and Skoda dealers and using them for the servicing and getting it done much cheaper.
Could be an idea to try them and then possible use that to beat Audi dwn.

I know that Glasgow Audi's hourly labour rate is something like £95.

Suppose they have to pay off the £15 Million is cost them to build that garage some how. lol.