What Problems have you experienced?

Shonobi

Reaction score
So far
1.fuel filter,
2. strange grinding noise at the left wheel at low speeds (off and on)
3. CEL; when Vag'd CODE " LEFT Electro-Hydraulic Engine Mount Solenoid Valve-N144-Open Circuit (back to Dealer on Monday)

Any common headache on you side of the pond?

Shonobi:faint:

Yeh mine has the hydro-electric fault which i need to get sorted.

What went wrong with your fuel filter?

So far I have replaced the G62 Coolant temperature sender after a fault code appeared on vag-com.

I have just finished fixing a problem with the EGR which took about a month to diagnose. I had tremendous turbo lag, car stalling, with RPM's dipping when I tried to accelerate and in the latter stages the car would just stall when trying to pull away.

Unplugging the MAF would cure this problem.

The vacuum hose from the EGR to one of the solenoids was replaced and this fixed the issue for two weeks, then it came back. Before this, I replaced the MAF and air filter with no success.

After some further diagnosis I found that Solenoid (N18 I believe) to be at fault, I replaced this and everything is once again fine. In between this I cleaned out my EGR and Intake Manifold and the system is now nice and clean and working perfectly.

My main annoying 'fault' at the moment is rough idling which is alot more noticable when the engine is up to temperature. This appears to disappear when the air conditioning is on.

I have had a fuel injection sensor in the top of the engine block replaced as the local independent tech said he had seen this on a number of cars, this has lessened the problem to some extent but I still get the issue.

The whole of the engine shakes at idle intermittently.

The car drives perfectly fine, it's just this lumpy idle.

This is a 1.9 TDI B6 engine.

The rough Idle COULD BE the same code I am having on my S4 B6; expect that the it would be N145 instead of N144; N145 indicated that the Electro-Hydraulic Engine Mount Solenoid Valve is Closed inside of opened as mind indicated when Vag'd.....Run a Vag on our car and see which code comes up
My fuel filter/Fuel Pump made a high hummimg noise (from the back of the car that fill the cabin) when the car was started up and contiuned when driving. It seems like this is a common occurence with these cars. Get the Deal to change the fuel filter and the fuel pump. This will fix the humming noise.
Good Luck
Shonobi