What is your typical S3 MPG.....?

AWDMk1

Reaction score
I've done about 100 miles in my S3 now and must say I am liking it...a lot.... I wouldn't say I have been driving it too hard, maybe a little enthusiatically at times but certainly not kicking it's head in... Still, it seems to have averaged around 23mpg which is after a mixture of dual carriage way and city centre driving and the odd burst of 'enthusiasm'...

Does this fit in wth what you guys are getting? Mine's had the usual upgrades, FMIC, Forge TIP, Milltek, MBC, custom remap to 290bhp and 320lb/ft but has an adjustable map so it can be set anywhere between 225bhp and that maximum output, it hasn't been on the full 290 all of the time, just some / most of it!

Your thoughts on whether or not this is about right would be appreciated as I was half expecting it to be better on juice than the Corrado VR6 I had previously but it's looking like it will be noticeably worse... more fun though so hey!!

I'm doing 258bhp on a stage 1 map and i get 24.0 / 24.1 mpg. I do alot of stopping and starting to and from work driving.

yeh I gave up trying to watch the S3 mpg, seems like it consumes the same about whether its been driven hard or "eco" mode

keep the car at around 1300rpm - 1800rpm changing up a gear as soon as possible, on a motorway run i can get around 42mpg in town around 35mpg, however, as soon as you go above 2,500 rpm is starts drinking like a fish.

I have a standard 210bhp AMK S3 and I get 21 MPG it dropped after I replaced my MAF. do you guys think the new MAF maybe dodgy as I've not been hooring it around much?

24.5 is my average mostly short drives and A & B road journeys.

Without resetting the mpg for months at a time I get 27ish, Jabba remap and mixture driving...

21ish mpg average IMO is shocking, that's R32 territory... :(

Mines currently at 31.7 mpg but it hasn't been reset for a while , does anybody know how to reset it without disconnecting the battery ? ?

Cheers.

I did take great pleasure in seeing off a Civic Type R and some berk in an astra so maybe that's why it's a little lower than expected but I can't see it ever getting more than high twenties.... Surprisingly my VR6 would do 30+ most of the time but then you can drive them at 1200rpm no bother... Not to worry though!!!

I did a spritly drive to eastbourne and back and managed 33-34 mpg my average tends to say around 32 mpg normally

When my MAF was ******** my MPG dropped big time!! I struggled to get over 21.9 no matter how slowly i drove for days! I got a new MAF and now i'm in the 24's which is nice to see. That's with giving it a blast here and there aswell so it's pretty good me thinks.

Last edited:
I think 30+ is very good, especially with 440's..... what are the symptoms of a faulty MAF....?

Standard AMK 210bhp.

Got 39.4mpg on a 220mile run @75mph on cruise to Lakes on Thursday morning.

Usually 29-33mpg for my average 16 mile back road trip each way to the golf club, depending on whether I'm pottering or having fun...

Cheers,

given that i used to get 29mpg before i changed the MAF and its now about 21mpg with the new MAF, do you think it could be a dodgy one i got and if so how would i test it so i can tell europarts its dodgy and get it swapped?

Ignore the DIS, mine is constantly on 27.9mpg, in reality, I'm doing approx 25mpg with mix driving. On a good run, I will get around 30mpg, this drops to 22mpg average with mostly town driving. Not bad for a Stage1 mapped car running 19" rims if you ask me.

Picture023-1.jpg

:jester:

@ vorhees..... awesome, guess I will stop whinging!!! lol

its ain't...the date and mileometer is blurry :eyebrows:

I would have been more impressed if the rev counter was hovering between 5-6k when the pic was taken Jase.

when I have had it to them dizzy heights I'm flinching waiting for the thing to go BANG Joe :racer:

With the MTM Spec 3 on my car Im seeing 32mpg average on the DIS on my journey to work, thats with a free flowing route and alot of 5th/6th gear legal speed driving. In reality 60litres(13 gallons) gets me 350miles, works out about 27mpg. This is regular for me now

When it drove it how it should be driven with more right foot it would change so much its hard to tell.

Most of my driving is on nice twisty country lanes to & from work (lucky me!). Not a lot of stop/starting, mix of steady & "keen" driving; average about 30mpg.

I did take great pleasure in seeing off a Civic Type R and some berk in an astra so maybe that's why it's a little lower than expected but I can't see it ever getting more than high twenties.... Surprisingly my VR6 would do 30+ most of the time but then you can drive them at 1200rpm no bother... Not to worry though!!!

lol my VR6 only ever did 19mpg, mayby 21mpg if I was lucky!!
My S3 gives around 27-30mpg dependant on driving style....

I'm getting a steady 28.7 to 29 mpg, with my 20 minute drive to work, thats with with a bit of stop and start though.

I get 35 mpg mainly motorways and odd go around town!'
Not to bad really!

Best 44mpg. Worst 15mpg during a hoon on a lovely bit of road.

Average 24mpg with a mix of country lanes (following people at 38mph!), town driving and a nice steep hill :)

Seen it hit 6mpg under boost though...

<tuffty/>

Over 40,000 miles my average was 26.1 mpg, my predecessor got 27.1 over his 55,000 miles, I'm guessing our driving styles were quite similar. The car had regular services from either Audi or Star Performance.

Well before she left me i waS averaging 35 mpg with a CC1 remap up and down the A34

Now i have use of the work van, my s3 is only used at weekends. with a stage 1 map i dont see anything above 22mpg. this is a mixture of town/ring road driving..