What have you done today?

Yeah just a little bit bigger! :p Ah I see, so would have to get a reducer for the old MAF. Do you have to oil these K&N filters? Does look sweet though. I'm constructing a fairly unique and cheaply put together RAMAIR system. The OEM air filter I've sourced is bigger than the S2000 in better dimensions. Just concerned it might suffocate the car because it looks smaller inside the filter!

Finally got my TT comps on after a refurb and spray :grin:
IMG 1060
IMG 1061

Reactions: JohnStan725
I've been busy fitting new tyres to my freshly refurbed wheels and fitting the brembos that I rebuilt a few weeks back!

Was on a little run to go paddleboarding, put my foot down to head up the sliproad onto the a38. BOOM limp mode, warning lights everywhere... pull over, pull the switches to raise the windows and the passenger window makes a "pop" then drops down.

Cool.

New clips for the window turned up on saturday so going to fit them tomorrow, no idea what caused the limp mode, been having a few boost issues but haven't found the cause yet.

Was on a little run to go paddleboarding, put my foot down to head up the sliproad onto the a38. BOOM limp mode, warning lights everywhere... pull over, pull the switches to raise the windows and the passenger window makes a "pop" then drops down.

Cool.

New clips for the window turned up on saturday so going to fit them tomorrow, no idea what caused the limp mode, been having a few boost issues but haven't found the cause yet.

This just reminded me of when the top gear crew made that granny fiat car with the wingback chairs in the back and to stop the old girls from getting on the motorway the car literally blew up and the doors fell off!!

Joking aside, hope you get it all squared away mate.

Turned on the alarm chirp lock confirmation and anti hijack on the S3. Winner!

Sounds **** if I'm being honest! lol

Haha, it's handy. The amount of times I've had to double if not triple check to make sure the cars locked. Be nice to walk away from the car and press lock and hear the confirmation.

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Haha, it's handy. The amount of times I've had to double if not triple check to make sure the cars locked. Be nice to walk away from the car and press lock and hear the confirmation.
Exactly the reason I did it to mine...

<tuffty/>

Pretty much the reason I did it. The anti hijack is pretty cool as well. Doors lock over 15ish mph and then pop open as you remove the key from the ignition. Each to their own I suppose...

Pretty much the reason I did it. The anti hijack is pretty cool as well. Doors lock over 15ish mph and then pop open as you remove the key from the ignition. Each to their own I suppose...

That's neat too, feels like it's a more modern car with little features like that, it's impressive we can actually program that stuff in. The question still remains though guys..... Stop teasing me, can VCDS lite change adaption settings like these or is it the proper copy that costs silly money?

I had a mate do it for me using a genuine copy, so I can't really comment.

He did, however, have it running on an Acer tablet, which was really impressive and the first time I'd seen it done like that. I was always under the impression that it would only fully run on a full Windows laptop, to the point that I'm on the verge of buying a spare laptop just to run VCDS.

Tonight has made things a little more complicated...

Ah I see haha, well I've just downloaded release 15.7 from Ross tech. Can't do much without a cable or know weather it'll work.

Busy day yesterday.
Just thought I'd share my findings
Long overdue list of jobs
Misfire plus rough idle for a while
Pretty bad oil leak
My passenger window had also dropped on one side

I replaced the plugs thinking that would sort the misfire(it didn't though), when I removed the old plugs I noticed all four reservoirs were half full of oil so tightened all the bolts on the rocker, that was the oil leak sorted
Now for the misfire, I'd checked all the pipes for leaks a few weeks ago and found one that was cream crackered under the inlet manifold, I replaced it but this didn't rectify the problem. After a few hours of searching the net I found someone's post regarding the breathers coming from the crank cover being blocked or cracked could be the culprit so had another look around that area.
Low and behold the 90` bend connector under the mani had split in half plus the one coming from the T to the manifold had perished also. Pipes replaced now she is silky smoooooth.
Next the window,bought some new regulator clips from Audi, stripped the door down took the window out fitted new clips and put back together, all within an hour. To be honest this was the job I was dreading the most but I've got to admit it was the easiest job out of the lot.
A very productive Sunday Happy days

I enabled door lock chirp and anti hijack with an ebay cable and downloaded vag com.

I was referring to the full version not VCDS lite... there are copy cables available on eBay that give full use of the full VCDS software but these are technically illegal/pirated and tend to only work on the version they supply as Ross Tech changes the code in the dongle with each new release of VCDS

Looking at the functions chart VCDS lite will do limited adaptions so I assume this is one of them :)

<tuffty/>

I managed to get round to fixing my ESP as i had fault showing when scanned with VCDS.

I followed the guide for a TT i had to remove the lower dash and take out the Lateral Acceloration Sensor (G200).
Once this was removed i had to prise out all the rubber/silicone cover the little motherboard to my surprise the chip which ment to be soldered to the board was stuck in the silicone, managed to dip it out and resolder and used a hot glue gun to make it secure.

Refitted the sensor and lower dash whipped out VCDS to my amazment the ESP light has not came back on! car drives alot better now! will post pics on thread later.

Took about 3 Hours max if i wasnt a noob probably take an hour. I've heard audi and other places charge a bomb for this fix!

At this point i thought "oh £%*@" but found the snapped clip and managed to get it all back together again in the end, was a bit of a pain lining up the window reg to drop it back into the door but after a few attempts i got it all back together :)
11800522_10153468567900792_3663332998248561004_n.jpg

11828764_10153468656280792_2791462281553602679_n.jpg

Reactions: SamHendry
No problem same rule applies anyone near this area i can do this just drop me a message.

I discovered my coolant reservoir had emptied itself, I then discovered why, so now I'm going to have better coolant lines made for my turbo, more £££

Also discovered I don't have the privilege of being able to calibrate the lateral acceleration sensor in vcds lite so that fault will have to remain for now

Reactions: JohnStan725
Painted my cam cover plus brace using halfrauds hi temp paint which I regret now as the paint is fragile. Inlet manifold satin black. Charge pipe polished.PVC now vent to atmosphere. New scuttle panel. Still loads to do!!

Fitted these bad boys today. Damn the boot lid is HEAVY without gas struts !!!

i went over to pro tec motorsport in clifton lancs to get some new tyres fitted as the old parada spec 2s have seen better days (gone for bridgestone potenza re070) and had the alignment done and all is well :) will be popping back in to get cambelt and waterpump done once i get some cash handy for it. might try and save for a stage 1 remap while its there, but cant see that happening for a while. so far so good on the tyres, its soo smooth and quite compared to the paradas :D