What have you done to your Audi A4 B7 today?

I feel for you trigger.....I have a feeling that they may have been drink driving but I really hate people that don't give a f*ck.

Hopefully you may see a car with the corresponding shades of paint on it! Hope everything gets sorted out pal!

I feel for you trigger.....I have a feeling that they may have been drink driving but I really hate people that don't give a f*ck.

Hopefully you may see a car with the corresponding shades of paint on it! Hope everything gets sorted out pal!

Yeah I feared the same. However I did have a drive around the village this morning to see if I could see a bright red car with the drivers side stuffed in but to no avail. It's just a lack of respect for other people's property. There's plenty people looking out for it as well as having worked in the motor trade I've contacted a number of local body shops I know. My main problem is going to be sitting on my hands if I find out who it is tbh

Reactions: carlcall
'D' revision diverter valve turned up today.... Turns out the order duplicated and I am due another in the next day or two so that got expensive buying through work haha.

Under the return limit so it looks like I have a spare (or one to sell)

Uploadfromtaptalk1467918144148

'D' revision diverter valve turned up today.... Turns out the order duplicated and I am due another in the next day or two so that got expensive buying through work haha.

Under the return limit so it looks like I have a spare (or one to sell)

View attachment 96372

I'm guessing it's me being thick but what are these and what do they do?

Its the diverter valve on the tfsi turbo, it works similarly to a dump valve but they put the excess boost back into the intake rather than dump it into the atmosphere.

That's the one, and the D revision is regarded as the best for reliability on higher boost levels.

No issues with the unit fitted to the car and no plans to chase power figures but I like to future proof cars to make sure I don't replace parts multiple times. :)

Reactions: triggerboo
Its the diverter valve on the tfsi turbo, it works similarly to a dump valve but they put the excess boost back into the intake rather than dump it into the atmosphere.

Cheers for the info. Just wanted to check it wasn't something I was missing for mine. Unless the ones on the tdi need upgrading too?

Reactions: maxdrz400
Quick mod before work this morning

Twin cup holders!

Reactions: triggerboo
The esp buttons just down the back at the minute! I will relocate it one day but I've never needed it yet!
The card holders gone (does anyone have a use for that)

Well an 800 mile journey from Brighton to Germany and I can honestly say the car performed exepitonal. No limp mode problems at all so safe to say the problem has been sorted by changing manifold actuator. Also had a four wheel Hunter alignment done and found my rear right was massively out on camber which would explain the rubbing when spacers were fitted.

Reactions: Tyrer, THQuattro, James.c and 2 others
Well an 800 mile journey from Brighton to Germany and I can honestly say the car performed exepitonal. No limp mode problems at all so safe to say the problem has been sorted by changing manifold actuator. Also had a four wheel Hunter alignment done and found my rear right was massively out on camber which would explain the rubbing when spacers were fitted.

Glad you got both sorted out pal!

Fitted Autodab Go module to my car today along with a DAB roof mount aerial. I didn't want the window suction mount with cables trailing all over the place so have hardwired it to the fuse box with a dashcam hard wire kit.

To mount it on the dash I used a brodit phone mount, along with a universal adapter (Herbert Richter Adapter plate - 1492) which I took a gamble on with it actually fitting the autodab which it does absolutely perfectly. Really happy with the outcome! I originally wanted to get the autodab with steering wheel controls, but the lack of bluetooth was a no go. FM radio is so poor compared to what is available on digital. I have a 2600 mile road trip in september so this will sort us out perfectly!

2z9i5wk.jpg

izqmpi.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyrer

yep, looking super smart as per normal chap, bet your glad those rears are all sorted now aswell, you just need to change those exhaust tips for some much more appropriate stainless straight outlet items.

Reactions: soldier4313
Just done my V113 Air Recirc Flap Motor......less than 20 minutes from start to finish inc. VCDS & a brew :grin:

This was meant to be done under warranty by my local VAG place a while ago.....but when I went in to get it done he refused to do it as he said they'd done one on a Skoda and it was a PITA so it wasn't worth him doing it. :angry:

I think he forgot to give the warranty company a ring to finalise it and he didn't want to admit it to me. His loss at the end of the day as the jobs I CBA doing won't be going to him!

Just done my V113 Air Recirc Flap Motor......less than 20 minutes from start to finish inc. VCDS & a brew :grin:

This was meant to be done under warranty by my local VAG place a while ago.....but when I went in to get it done he refused to do it as he said they'd done one on a Skoda and it was a PITA so it wasn't worth him doing it. :angry:

I think he forgot to give the warranty company a ring to finalise it and he didn't want to admit it to me. His loss at the end of the day as the jobs I CBA doing won't be going to him!

Wow that's a brilliant attitude to have for a business. You'd think with the current economical climate that they would be bending over backwards to help people.

Fitted new rear pads to the car yesterday. chose Brembo pads as they seem to know about breaking! Quick and easy, just so many other bits i want to do and no time Arghhhhh.

Ordered my new tax free A4 Avant Sline so come end of August the beast will be going up for sale.

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Stanningtonglen, triggerboo and 2 others
Treated her to a new set of pads and discs all round and dropped her a little bit more....only rolled her forward a little so not as low as she is after my little run out.

View attachment 88860

A little touch n go when coming off the drive on to the road.....but I guesstimated it perfectly.

View attachment 88861

And some cheeky sod decided to get in the car whilst it was off the ground.....

View attachment 88862

He's covered in muck from head to toe as he's been under the car so looks like I'm in the dog house later when the Mrs see's the state of him!
hi mate is that front spoiler fitted properly in that pic? I've seen it on eBay and looked good but from your side profile shot it looks as though it's not level with the bottom of the front bumper? Any more pics since you fitted it?

hi mate is that front spoiler fitted properly in that pic? I've seen it on eBay and looked good but from your side profile shot it looks as though it's not level with the bottom of the front bumper? Any more pics since you fitted it?

Yes pal it's fitted properly....it was flatter when first fitted but I couldn't lower the front end anymore due to hitting the road.

From the side it does look stupid even I have to admit that....but from the front it does look good!

First fitted with spacers on the back also made it look flatter.....

2015 08 30 165341

But was too low at the front.....

2015 08 30 165432

Then I had to remove all the spacers so I could fit my coilovers, lowered her and stuck the 19's on her.....she's been dropped more than in this one now.

2016 02 18 153719

And this is all the room I have when coming off the drive now....:fearscream:

2016 04 22 162934

As you can see she's a little touch and go.

@Stanningtonglen has the same splitter on his as that's who I copied off. I'm sure he'll be along soon and post some of his.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyrer, Stanningtonglen and THQuattro
always up for posting pics :sm4:
i have the same one and yes from the side looks a bite naff, i too tried it with all the spacers but it makes it to low, the problem is the the shape of the B7 S-line bumper, right now for some pics :sm4:
IMG 0409
IMG 0410
IMG 0413
IMG 0414
IMG 0415

Reactions: Khanage, carlcall and Tyrer
Just a wash, but it was the first in a while so took ages...

P1060414 by wjheenan, on Flickr

Had all these dots on it i thought might have been from when it was parked under a tree, but they were really stubborn - even after the wash you could still see the outlines of some of the bigger ones

20160716_160527 by wjheenan, on Flickr

Finally fitted the LCR splitter that I've had sat there for 3 weeks or so and washed it while I was there.

d951c5d401c61e84884b62f1787a0e1f.jpg
17d3346db9285af78e7493f961cb1258.jpg
7eca70663c1c2cfd514863cb7f713156.jpg

Needs lowering a touch, exhaust tips, CSR side skirt things and wheels then I'll leave it outside until it gets the bumpers painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally fitted the LCR splitter that I've had sat there for 3 weeks or so and washed it while I was there.

d951c5d401c61e84884b62f1787a0e1f.jpg
17d3346db9285af78e7493f961cb1258.jpg
7eca70663c1c2cfd514863cb7f713156.jpg

Needs lowering a touch, exhaust tips, CSR side skirt things and wheels then I'll leave it outside until it gets the bumpers painted.

You remove the bumper or fit it in situ pal?

You remove the bumper or fit it in situ pal?

In situ mate, self tappers and a hacksaw for the non needed 'clip' sections.

People will say to take the bumper off - I haven't on this or my MKV R32 back in the day. Just line up the middle clips on the LCR with the lower section of the bumper and it's all good.

Took 15 minutes to get on after sorting the alignment

Reactions: Dani_B19
Ordered my CSR side skirts aswel - just to finish off the splitter

I'll be interested in seeing what they look like.

I'll be interested in seeing what they look like.

Wanted the Carbon relak and Carbon Cuprazilla splitter from the USA but completely out of stock.

Been on the Audizine 'front splitter and side skirts thread' to make sure they will look right.

always up for posting pics :sm4:
i have the same one and yes from the side looks a bite naff, i too tried it with all the spacers but it makes it to low, the problem is the the shape of the B7 S-line bumper, right now for some pics :sm4:
View attachment 97100 View attachment 97101 View attachment 97102 View attachment 97103 View attachment 97104
Cheers for the pics both. I ordered it on Saturday and it came today. Now trying to decide on what finish to go for. Satin black, phantom black as my car or a good quality 4D carbon fibre wrap.

How difficult was the fitting procedure?

Cheers for the pics both. I ordered it on Saturday and it came today. Now trying to decide on what finish to go for. Satin black, phantom black as my car or a good quality 4D carbon fibre wrap.

How difficult was the fitting procedure?

It's a bumper off for this one and just keep going until you're happy with it and all the various spacers, as already said if i could get the end plates level then that would be better. possibly even tying them the other way round, i remember seeing an A4 on ebay and he had the same one but the end plates looked upside down to me, be very interested to see it in a carbon wrap.

Good luck and look forward to seeing the pics once fitted

Well managed to get 430 miles to a tank which for a mix of motorway and town driving and the car been fully loaded for half those miles I dont think is bad for a tfsi Quattro.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and carlcall
not today but yesterday had full service and cam belt to about 3/4miles from home knockinng and white smoke and bad burning smell so a 75min wait for rac on flat bed to garagewait for the call in the moring for the bad news.

Well managed to get 430 miles to a tank which for a mix of motorway and town driving and the car been fully loaded for half those miles I dont think is bad for a tfsi Quattro.

yep that's pretty well what I have found aswell, but , my right foot does tend to override my brain when it comes to lets just say "fuel effeicient driving" sometimes lol.....but nice to know the 2.0tfsi Quattro can be a mile muncher and return a good mpg.

Reactions: Dani_B19
not today but yesterday had full service and cam belt to about 3/4miles from home knockinng and white smoke and bad burning smell so a 75min wait for rac on flat bed to garagewait for the call in the moring for the bad news.

any news Martin