What have you done to your 8Y today?

Hi,

What software version are you on?
4FDFA80E 8687 459A BBBE 02CD60B1C101

Changed both the batteries in the car key remote. I tend to cycle them so I use each for 6 months and swapped over. It was the car that told me the battery was low. Surprised both were low at the exact same time despite me only using one for the last 6 months. They take CR2032 if anyone wants to know

Changed both the batteries in the car key remote. I tend to cycle them so I use each for 6 months and swapped over. It was the car that told me the battery was low. Surprised both were low at the exact same time despite me only using one for the last 6 months. They take CR2032 if anyone wants to know
I did it too!!! In my case, only 8 months of life!!!

I did it too!!! In my case, only 8 months of life!!!
You must use your car more than me. I use it usually 2-3 times a week, sometimes only once, and once didn't use for 7 weeks straight! Mine doesn't have keyless though.

Had some rubber mats for my birthday! Fitted all ready for winter :thumbs up:

D4ACE9E3 D846 4C03 BED2 600E1879A0AF

5BBD73E5 BC1E 4A06 9A82 7EFB2677AA4B

Remove Airbag warning sticker from sunvisor
20221110 161701
20221110 161422

Last edited:
Reactions: MA3RC
Not sure if this thread will take off... But as the title asks, what have you done with your 8Y today??

I figured this would be a great thread for small jobs that don’t warrant a whole thread and good for people to share ideas :thumbs up:.

I’ll start things off with the fitting of my sunglasses holder, a nice addition and saves leaning over to the glovebox:

What about the rest of you?
Fortunately I did absolutely nothing apart from driving it! Which is exactly how I like it! That's not quite true I did change the background on my CarPlay screen.

Reactions: AdamInKent
How do you go about removing them?! Especially without damaging the visor
In fact, it is not so difficult,let me describe how I did it:

1. Remove all white/yellow paint using paint thinner(you can try using alcohol), the only thing that will remain is the glue .

2. To remove the glue, you will need isopropyl alcohol, hair dryer and clean wipes.

3. Warm the glue on sunvisor, be carefull not to burn it. Wet the wipe with alcohol, and clean de glue, it is not going to go easy, but it will go.

Repeat step 3 until all glue was gone, do it in small sections, don't try to do it all in one time.

The sunvisor material is very resistive, dont be afraid .

Reactions: vatdim
Added some air vent trims, thought it might help uplift the interior as I do sometimes find it a little on the dark side:

D0A319BB D366 4D43 A304 4CD95F88F1EB

Reactions: VFR800Essex and JoMP
Added some air vent trims, thought it might help uplift the interior as I do sometimes find it a little on the dark side:
Those are nice. Where did you get them from?

Reactions: MA3RC
Reached 5.555,5 km
Just missed all fives on the pic
4c95b04ae75e7bcd46bdb4284dda13b6.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το moto g82 5G μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I booked my car into Audi for them to have a look into why the MMI intermittently / randomly loses the favourited radio stations and why the wireless apple car play sometimes drops connection, then re-connects straight away.

I know these aren’t serious issues, but thought why not get it resolved!

My car is currently on 3620 and the loan car I received was 3801. I’d hoped this would fix the issue.

But cut a long story short I collected the car and the software version remained the same! I expressed my concerns as to why it wasn’t updated, to basically be told it couldn’t, until Audi have enough complaints about a specific complaint on a certain software version. I have never heard such waffle. Previously Fords, Nissan etc allow you to update software as soon as it’s available.

I grumbled further to the service manager who has replied with this:

“Thank you for your time last night, discussing the intricacies of Volkswagen Group software engineering.

I have confirmed with **** (Master Technician who worked on your car) that there is no “send and retrieve” option on these vehicles for software updates. The only way to update specific software channels is via a code supplied with a TPI or via a fault code that leads to a specific repair method. No fault codes and no TPIs currently exist for your concerns as I write. **** has confirmed that as a double-check, we can carry out a software comparison (which he did yesterday) and the results confirm that the software in your A3 is at the current level and up to date.

The iOS software issue we discussed only lists version 14.6 as checked by Audi – anything later could cause issues and they are aware of a few Bluetooth issues with version iOS 15. There is a small chance that the software version of your phone could be causing wider issues with the MMI system that result in the radio station favourite list resetting, but we cannot confirm this.

I have submitted the DISS reports we spoke about last night during the day which will raise the concerns at factory level and should add weight to the need for Audi to test iOS versions greater than 14.6, plus raise the issue of the radio station list resetting too.

If we receive any correspondence back regarding the issues you have raised, I will communicate this with you, and we can act upon it as necessary. Obviously, if there are further developments with the vehicle, or you naturally reach the service point (March perhaps) we can take a further look and see if there have been any developments.

I find this somewhat frustrating, Audi have acknowledged there’s a fault, but in other words, shut up and put up until Audi fancy releasing newer software to cars.

Has anyone else experienced similar to this?

Cheers!

I got my audi 8y on 24/6/22 and so far I have done the following
Carbon rear spoiler
Rear carbon diffuser
Front racing spoiler
Coding
And I am booked in at abt to get a remap and start stop button change and abt entrance lights.
also a light gold chameleon for the windscreen and carbon wing mirrors

Attachments

• 97DC1902-74D3-4CC7-B101-355A6F92BA3F.jpeg
    97DC1902-74D3-4CC7-B101-355A6F92BA3F.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 194
  • DDDE21AD-60D7-4130-B18C-F23F314595F3.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 99
  • 01AD4C13-1B0B-43D7-9F70-DB704718F450.jpeg
    01AD4C13-1B0B-43D7-9F70-DB704718F450.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 189
  • 93828793-B1E9-475D-873B-0B8D4C92EE6B.jpeg
    93828793-B1E9-475D-873B-0B8D4C92EE6B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 228
just figured out how to get the front headlights to the rs3 welcome with the flag staying on the drls while driving

Reactions: engies
How did you do this? I’d be very interested!
You need to have obdeleven fully up to date and have to subscribe for the most expensive one which gives you unlimited credit but once you have coded the lights and you can also code the rs3 virtual cockpit into your a3 and also the g force meter and stuff and you can email obdeleven to say that you chose the wrong package and you can choose the cheapest package and they will refund you but you will have to choose a package you cant just get a full refund

can you tell us the way?
You need to have obdeleven fully up to date and have to subscribe for the most expensive one which gives you unlimited credit but once you have coded the lights and you can also code the rs3 virtual cockpit into your a3 and also the g force meter and stuff and you can email obdeleven to say that you chose the wrong package and you can choose the cheapest package and they will refund you but you will have to choose a package you cant just get a full refund

But how you do it with the headlights rs3 animation? I only got the Rearlights animations.

Ordered or S3 with the light pack and it wasn't installed so decided to fit it myself. The audi rings were in the glovebox but no cables in the doors, with the help of various people I found where to connect them and really pleased with them now. I also decided to fit the light pack as the interior was so dark compared to the 8V we had, you can't see any led strip or led as I didn't want a max power install, we mainly have it on white inside but for the pics I changed the colours. All in for £150

Attachments

• 20230311_182904.jpg
    20230311_182904.jpg
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 20230212_175623.jpg
    20230212_175623.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 163
  • 20230122_221749.jpg
    20230122_221749.jpg
    863.2 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: VFR800Essex and thomaslewis
But how you do it with the headlights rs3 animation? I only got the Rearlights animations.
You need to go on adaptations on the lights function and then go in to the one of the options I will have to double check add me on Instagram Aa10den I will guide you then pal

Ordered or S3 with the light pack and it wasn't installed so decided to fit it myself. The audi rings were in the glovebox but no cables in the doors, with the help of various people I found where to connect them and really pleased with them now. I also decided to fit the light pack as the interior was so dark compared to the 8V we had, you can't see any led strip or led as I didn't want a max power install, we mainly have it on white inside but for the pics I changed the colours. All in for £150
I've recently bought a kit similar to this off AliExpress, including the replacement door trims with the ambient lighting for when mine arrives (Unfortunately the Ambient light package was removed as an option!). Was the wiring pretty easy? I'm optimistic about fitting them myself, but not confident lol! The door cards seem straight-forward, not sure about the rest though

I've recently bought a kit similar to this off AliExpress, including the replacement door trims with the ambient lighting for when mine arrives (Unfortunately the Ambient light package was removed as an option!). Was the wiring pretty easy? I'm optimistic about fitting them myself, but not confident lol! The door cards seem straight-forward, not sure about the rest though
This was a universal kit I fitted, it's fairly easy, there's a video on YouTube I used for trim removal . If you get stuck on the wiring drop me a message and I'll tell you the connections

Reactions: Jak_11
While being very impatient waiting for AA10DEN to reply regarding the RS3 headlight animation/flag DRL I went about trying to find the function, and accidentally got the RS Tail light animation on the A3 Sportback working. Had this coding before:

09 - Central Electrics

Adaptations

Intelligente Heckleuchte-Verbau
SBBR-Variant (Variant)
Old Value - 0
New Value - 5

However, the first time I tried this my old value was 1 so was confused but when I changed it to 5 it did nothing. However, when I checked today the value had changed itself to 3. Checked my OBD history and I didn’t make the change.

Changed it to 5 and hey presto, it works suddenly now!

While being very impatient waiting for AA10DEN to reply regarding the RS3 headlight animation/flag DRL I went about trying to find the function, and accidentally got the RS Tail light animation on the A3 Sportback working. Had this coding before:

09 - Central Electrics

Adaptations

Intelligente Heckleuchte-Verbau
SBBR-Variant (Variant)
Old Value - 0
New Value - 5

However, the first time I tried this my old value was 1 so was confused but when I changed it to 5 it did nothing. However, when I checked today the value had changed itself to 3. Checked my OBD history and I didn’t make the change.

Changed it to 5 and hey presto, it works suddenly now!
Maybe I have it wrong in my head.
But the point was that you did not yet have the front lights in RS design, but the rear already. Right?

So you have now also brought the front to run?
If so how?
I would be really interested in finding out how....

Greetings from the beautiful Black Forest in southern Germany