What have you done to your 8V today?

Yer Mrs needs to change her diet lol
I suppose my situation is a bit unique l only drive it,l only sit in it,l don't eat or smoke in it.....l know it's only a car but........that's the way l am

To right as well....only consumables allowed in mine are packet of polo's and an occasional can of red bull

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
took the s3 to the main dealer to finally have a moan about the squeaking drivers seat.

new one to b fitted Wednesday!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
To right as well....only consumables allowed in mine are packet of polo's and an occasional can of red bull

Red Bull Dave??.................:scared2:

.......I don't even like bringing Costa coffees home in the car................I make the missus carry them!! lol

Reactions: Daveotto, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Red Bull Dave??.................:scared2:

.......I don't even like bringing Costa coffees home in the car................I make the missus carry them!! lol

Only time l have had red bull mate was in combination with vodka..... =Truly awesome hangover lol

Reactions: Daveotto, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Never had red bull in my life and vodka isn't one of me tipples either!!

......anyway back on topic and although not technically what I've done in me 8v today as it was yesterday.............

Was following a 64 plate Merc 400SL with an oldish fella driving his missus and we're pootling round quite pleasantly until a right hand mini roundabout and he absolutely nuts it. So I'm having some of this (on me own see) and I'm all over him like a rash............go a further few hundred yards and he's not making any progress on me at all.

Had to laugh when he then scratches the side of his head and slows right down again!! Bless, probably mighty hacked off he couldn't shake off a lowly 2 ltr costing half his motor. Note to Mercedes, put yer fat basturd cars on a diet and maybe they might perform better!! lol

Reactions: Daveotto, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

......anyway back on topic and although not technically what I've done in me 8v today as it was yesterday.............

Was following a 64 plate Merc 400SL with an oldish fella driving his missus and we're pootling round quite pleasantly until a right hand mini roundabout and he absolutely nuts it. So I'm having some of this (on me own see) and I'm all over him like a rash............go a further few hundred yards and he's not making any progress on me at all.

Had to laugh when he then scratches the side of his head and slows right down again!! Bless, probably mighty hacked off he couldn't shake off a lowly 2 ltr costing half his motor. Note to Mercedes, put yer fat basturd cars on a diet and maybe they might perform better!! lol
From that post I would say were lying about the red bull cos you clearly have had too much lol....:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
From that post I would say were lying about the red bull cos you clearly have had too much lol....:friends:

Ye
MonkeySmoking
smoked him there mate, Mr not going over 40

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv

It wasn't Silver with a grey haired driver was it. If so could have been the guy I was chatting to on euro tunnel last autumn then left for dead on the M2. Lovely car the 400SL but almost twice the cost for 40 extra bhp, I will stick for now.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and pburv
It wasn't Silver with a grey haired driver was it. If so could have been the guy I was chatting to on euro tunnel last autumn then left for dead on the M2. Lovely car the 400SL but almost twice the cost for 40 extra bhp, I will stick for now.

It was Silver Dave but as for the driver I'd say he was definitely 60 plus, possibly grey hair? Sounded quite nice, similar to S3 but definitely no s63 amg kind of sound!

Reactions: Rob2k68
It was Silver Dave but as for the driver I'd say he was definitely 60 plus, possibly grey hair? Sounded quite nice, similar to S3 but definitely no s63 amg kind of sound!

Think it might have been the same guy!!! Must have had Alzeimers to not remember he had been done once already...lol

Reactions: Simon L
replaced all the interior lights with leds. Got them off of eBay.

ae71f2c95f4e1480878e8a8520181c8d.jpg

a111a5950216cd29e38f787aa8e65ffa.jpg

75caef956b55c2f12db09834b4a940bb.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, Daveotto, pburv and 1 other person
see previous posts relating to somehow, letting the wife take my s3 to work...120 miles away.

so i got to drive the saxo! which IMO, is much better anyway, because i don't care if i dink it, or stack it! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
Last edited:
Stuff the car spoil yer Mum today ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
My mum would love a spangly blue S3 on her drive for mothers day

My mum doesn't like my. S3 she says it doesn't look the money you pay for it,she loves the TTS though lol

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
My mum doesn't like my. S3 she says it doesn't look the money you pay for it,she loves the TTS though lol
My mum likes my S3.....:yes:.......but not when I drive it......:hopelessness:

Reactions: sjbarneS3, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
driving along, and hit a curb and busted the tyre and buckled the wheel.

so popped on the spare. - full size spare too, as thankfully, somehow the mrs took the s3 to work again so its only a tiny 14" on the sax that needs replacing.

note to self : don't fall to sleep when driving.

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
driving along, and hit a curb and busted the tyre and buckled the wheel.

so popped on the spare. - full size spare too, as thankfully, somehow the mrs took the s3 to work again so its only a tiny 14" on the sax that needs replacing.

note to self : don't fall to sleep when driving.

Glad you're ok - and the S3 ;o)

Reactions: pburv and RO65ERS
Glad you're ok - and the S3 ;o)

i just laughed to myself and said "well at least its not the Audi" I'm pretty sure i would have flipped my s**t if i was that stupid!

Reactions: Simon L, Daveotto, pburv and 1 other person
all I did to my S3 today was fill it up with Shell nitro or whatever it's called. I reckoned with my dear old mum not being with us anymore I should donate some love to the wife's Discovery (seeing as how she has done a terrific job of being mother to our three offspring) - cue 5 hours yesterday and 3 more today - snow foam, clay, wash, glaze and seal, with a variety of products. Sorry Jassy - no Gyeon in my armoury at the moment. Anyway apart from showing up all the scratches (it's 4 years old after all) it looks mighty fine again. One trip to Pony Club with the trailer this week and it will be two tone Buckingham Blue and mud brown again - hey ho.

I WILL wash the S3 next weekend…...

Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
3rd wash already It's only 5 weeks old I need to calm down ... I love a clear car though :D

washed, waxed and polished. It was done at a local detailing place I'm quite particular about who touches my car but having read good things on her and online I decided to give it a go. When I arrived and seen a 911, BMW i8 and C63 I knew it was in good hands. It was so good my friend went back an hour later with his A-Class.

A few pictures ....

8EupeCD.jpg

XQdjQEc.jpg

3b9MfkS.jpg

Reactions: SW14NY'S, pburv, azibux1 and 3 others
3rd wash already It's only 5 weeks old I need to calm down ... I love a clear car though :D

washed, waxed and polished. It was done at a local detailing place I'm quite particular about who touches my car but having read good things on her and online I decided to give it a go. When I arrived and seen a 911, BMW i8 and C63 I knew it was in good hands. It was so good my friend went back an hour later with his A-Class.

A few pictures ....

8EupeCD.jpg

XQdjQEc.jpg

3b9MfkS.jpg

Looking good but only 3 washes in 5 weeks gotta up yer game matey!!

Think I've missed about 4 weeks in 7 months.......:whistle2:

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Finally got around to taking a photograph ...

Attachments

• 2016-03-06_0002.jpg
    2016-03-06_0002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 123
Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, MattSedg and 2 others
Looking good but only 3 washes in 5 weeks gotta up yer game matey!!

Think I've missed about 4 weeks in 7 months.......:whistle2:

Now we're getting the better weather, fingers crossed I will be doing Cleanest diesel around? Possibly ha ha!

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
You guys won't ****** believe it.

I actually got to drive MY s3 today. Ok it was only to the pumps and back. This week I managed approx 20 miles in her. Man they felt good.
The wench has done 2k this week in her!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Any chance of the name of the company please @MikeM_ ?

Sure it was Polish and Glow I first found them on Instagram. They have a Facebook page too. They do offer full paint correct services as well always handy to know :D

Reactions: pburv and azibux1
You guys won't ****** believe it.

I actually got to drive MY s3 today. Ok it was only to the pumps and back. This week I managed approx 20 miles in her. Man they felt good.
The wench has done 2k this week in her!
It should be her posting on here instead of you...:haha:

Reactions: sjbarneS3, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Sure it was Polish and Glow I first found them on Instagram. They have a Facebook page too. They do offer full paint correct services as well always handy to know :D
Ahh OK... have heard great things about them... they're just not in my part of the country unfortunately

Will have to stick to washing it myself as I do now haha

Reactions: Rob2k68
I've put £32.50 worth of V-Power in and only paid £20 :)

As it's a nice day I'm now off outside to wash it ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv