What have you done to your 8V today?

They are a cracking car....still look amazing. A noggy blue one would be a garage queen for me! I see it is a Northern Irish car too.

I hear ya. Reckon all the noggys are locked away in dehumidified heated garages mate!

Reactions: SPIKE_
Neighbours opposite are having a loft extension, and the builder popped across yesterday and spent half an hour talking to me about my car. Then today he left his van at home and brought round his 1998 B5 RS4 Avant. These are rare as freakin’ hens teeth! One year of production only, and think they only sold c.200 in the UK in total.

V6 2.7 bi-turbo - pushed out 380bhp originally. Was in good shape for a 20 year old RS - needed a ruddy good detail though. Good fun talking to a fellow Audi nut and discussing how the technology has changed over the last 2 decades!

View attachment 165439

View attachment 165440
Lovely old RS.

You had utility work done outside your house? Couldn't help notice the cable mark up by your drive....... Job nerd moment being as I'm a g gas main layer

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbob76
Neighbours opposite are having a loft extension, and the builder popped across yesterday and spent half an hour talking to me about my car. Then today he left his van at home and brought round his 1998 B5 RS4 Avant. These are rare as freakin’ hens teeth! One year of production only, and think they only sold c.200 in the UK in total.

V6 2.7 bi-turbo - pushed out 380bhp originally. Was in good shape for a 20 year old RS - needed a ruddy good detail though. Good fun talking to a fellow Audi nut and discussing how the technology has changed over the last 2 decades!
I'm not generally a fan of older cars (especially those that are only 4 years younger than me), but thats a very smart looking car!
I thought it looked quite small though so had to go dimension finding like a sado...

So the B5 avant was 4525mm in length, the current B9 is 4781mm, for comparison the 8V sportback is 4313mm. I suppose some people do say a sportback with rails looks like an avant!

No LED interrupted lights for me unfortunately

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Lovely old RS.

You had utility work done outside your house? Couldn't help notice the cable mark up by your drive....... Job nerd moment being as I'm a g gas main layer [emoji1

Keen eyes @Scotty75 ! Had the water stopcock replaced a few months back. Reckon the water guy who came to survey before the ‘fix it’ team came thinks he’s Banksy - lol

Reactions: Scotty75
(RS3) With a base price of over £113k here in Denmark? Think I can cope with my S3 :racer:

Jesus wept - how much?! :blink: I’m taking my next driving holiday in Denmark @Lehn - your lot will all think I’m a millionaire, lol.

The Danish government really want to support Zenvo eh! Danish manufactured Zenvo ST1 below - 1104bhp 7.0 lt V8, and only a ‘bit’ more expensive than an RS3 :tearsofjoy:. Brace yourself @Leevr....

D80D1F75 C7EB 48B8 9FB4 E68DCEF4CDEC

Reactions: NevMan, Leevr, Scotty75 and 1 other person
Jesus wept - how much?! :blink: I’m taking my next driving holiday in Denmark @Lehn - your lot will all think I’m a millionaire, lol.

The Danish government really want to support Zenvo eh! Danish manufactured Zenvo ST1 below - 1104bhp 7.0 lt V8, and only a ‘bit’ more expensive than an RS3 :tearsofjoy:. Brace yourself @Leevr....

View attachment 165454

I must disappoint you there mate :boxing: That beast will set you back £1.913.829,81 (16.000.000kr) to get it on danish license plates.

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76
I must disappoint you there mate :boxing: That beast will set you back £1.913.829,81 (16.000.000kr) to get it on danish license plates.

I know mate, there was a very healthy dose of English sarcasm in my post :whistle2:

Well done Denmark though - you boys have entered the supercar arena good and proper :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
I know mate, there was a very healthy dose of English sarcasm in my post :whistle2:

Well done Denmark though - you boys have entered the supercar arena good and proper :sunglasses:

Wow, didn't see that coming! :scared2: We're very sarcastic here in Denmark so it's not like I'm not used to it :whistle2:

But yah, Zenvo and Carlsberg are two things we Danes are proud of :boxing: not to forget Fisker Automotive.

Another mod for the S3 done, got a Res delete fitted by @BCSNige yesterday. What a change it makes, suffice to say the new sound will never get old!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: oli356 and Jimbob76
Lost my locking wheel nut .. Somehow... Only used it on Monday!

Luckily my mums A1 fitted my car, went to Audi and they said upto 50 quid for new one. Found one on ebay, same letter as mum's for like £15 so will buy that.

Bought some new wiper blades today, Aerotwins: £24.59 for the pair at eurocarparts click and collect or free delivery, £28 on Amazon with free delivery, £39 in Halfords! I happened to be in Halfords today and asked for a price match, they weren’t interested. You wonder why high street stores are failing, pathetic, I have no sympathy, gotta move with the times. Eurocarparts it was!

Reactions: Leevr
Took a punt on a reverse camera from ali express arrived a few weeks ago and came with no instructions had a trial fit today plugs in behind cd player and got it up and running a treat just need to get camera fitted ect happy is an understatement for the price and fills the full screen :wink:
http://s.aliexpress.com/uE7fy26j?fromSns

http://s.aliexpress.com/eUJFnEre?fromSns

Both those are mobile links ! =)

This is a non mobile link

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lia...r-View-Backup-Parking-Camera/32858697855.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/32863942734.html

Reactions: Marky-s3
Just got these badboys today. They look genuine and got all the right marks on them - who would have thought TRW had something to do with these? I know they deliver some brake parts for Audi but not shift paddles. Got them from eBay for £60.

I'll post my first impressions when they have been fitted.

Upload 2018 9 17 11 26 49

Reactions: Pook, NevMan and Adam14
New to the whole Audi forum but any ideas to enhance looks/performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black out the chrome windows and slap an RS3 grill on there :icon thumright:

Also might be a bit of an odd one but I think the cars look really improved with the roof rails on them.

Yea the chrome around the windows are a must just haven’t had time to do them I did the chrome around the grill quick yesterday after a quick rinse
Not sure about the roof rails not a bit of me I think
Might get her mapped aswell but not sure??

Yea the chrome around the windows are a must just haven’t had time to do them I did the chrome around the grill quick yesterday after a quick rinse
Not sure about the roof rails not a bit of me I think
Might get her mapped aswell but not sure??

Yeah, to each their own. When I was looking at A3s and I first saw one with the rails on I absolutely fell in love. Couldn't explain why, I just think it makes the car look so much better.

Mapped would be nice. Is it stock at the moment?

Yeah, to each their own. When I was looking at A3s and I first saw one with the rails on I absolutely fell in love. Couldn't explain why, I just think it makes the car look so much better.

Mapped would be nice. Is it stock at the moment?

Yea haven’t touched it in any way but one of my mates does the re maps and he said from 150bhp to 195bhp roughly so would be more torque aswell but not sure?
Not sure what else I can do really what have you got?

Fitted these over the weekend thanks to help from @ DJAlix

7975a7113e6a5b5e7171184093e83022.jpg

Love the look and sound they give, also gives a dump valve sort of noise without being too chavy!

I left the existing pipe on top as rerouting it was bending it a bit. Might change it later on not aure

Awesome piece of kit!

Reactions: Gavy, oli356 and Leevr
Fitted these over the weekend thanks to help from @ DJAlix

7975a7113e6a5b5e7171184093e83022.jpg

Love the look and sound they give, also gives a dump valve sort of noise without being too chavy!

I left the existing pipe on top as rerouting it was bending it a bit. Might change it later on not aure

Awesome piece of kit!

Looks epic, how much did that set you back if you dont mind me asking.

Yea haven’t touched it in any way but one of my mates does the re maps and he said from 150bhp to 195bhp roughly so would be more torque aswell but not sure?
Not sure what else I can do really what have you got?

There's a whole range of performance mods. Remapping, general tuning, even things like swapping air filters, exhausts, different intakes etc. Remap will give you extra torque as well.

Exhausts solely for the sound can be swapped, changing the mufflers. Different indicators (dynamic indicators but you might already have those). Flat bottomed steering wheel. Spacers for your wheels. Lowering the suspension (I generally disagree with this). Fitting RS3 grill instead of A3 grill. Adding (or changing) spoilers, diffusers, skirt extensions etc. Quite a lot of things you can play around with.

Also you can install puddle lights which show audi rings / quatro logo / audi badge when you open the door. Those are really neat.

I'm not a huge amount of help as this is only my first car, these are just things I've seen around.

There's a whole range of performance mods. Remapping, general tuning, even things like swapping air filters, exhausts, different intakes etc. Remap will give you extra torque as well.

Exhausts solely for the sound can be swapped, changing the mufflers. Different indicators (dynamic indicators but you might already have those). Flat bottomed steering wheel. Spacers for your wheels. Lowering the suspension (I generally disagree with this). Fitting RS3 grill instead of A3 grill. Adding (or changing) spoilers, diffusers, skirt extensions etc. Quite a lot of things you can play around with.

I'm not a huge amount of help as this is only my first car, these are just things I've seen around.

Will defo have it mapped not to sure on air filters don’t want it to sound stupid but a little more throaty would b good if you no of any doubt I’ll lower it not sure got the steering wheel would like a nice set of rs3 alloys not sure lol

Will defo have it mapped not to sure on air filters don’t want it to sound stupid but a little more throaty would b good if you no of any doubt I’ll lower it not sure got the steering wheel would like a nice set of rs3 alloys not sure lol

RS3 alloys would be real nice. I'd love to put some on mine but I'm already going to be paying £2.2k for insurance..

RS3 alloys would be real nice. I'd love to put some on mine but I'm already going to be paying £2.2k for insurance..

Really that’s stupid... I’m with Churchill they are brilliant only had the car a few weeks so they r good so far don’t wanna spend to much but for my cars there no expense spared when I actually find stuff lol

Reactions: Kondax
Really that’s stupid... I’m with Churchill they are brilliant only had the car a few weeks so they r good so far don’t wanna spend to much but for my cars there no expense spared when I actually find stuff lol

Haha yeah insurance prices are crazy at my age. Nearly impossible to find a provider that will allow me to have mods (even simple ones like a spoiler).

Haha yeah insurance prices are crazy at my age. Nearly impossible to find a provider that will allow me to have mods (even simple ones like a spoiler).

Don’t tell them ;)

Reactions: Kondax
Anyone have a a3 150ps saloon have you had it mapped any problems issues or anything that I should keep an eye on anything to do with it please let me no :)

Turned my momentary to latched center console switch converter into a little black box.....

It turns a center console switch into a switch that will turn on and off an accessory and also illuminate an indicator LED on the switch pack, like a factory accessory.

IMG 4566 IMG 4567

Reactions: Khufu
What's the switch for?

External lighting at the moment, If you attach it to a permanent live in the fuse box it will work completely independently of the car apart from the switch backlight ....

Could be used to give a factory switch to all sorts of things....

External lighting at the moment, If you attach it to a permanent live in the fuse box it will work completely independently of the car apart from the switch backlight ....

Could be used to give a factory switch to all sorts of things....
Oohh that sounds quite interesting. Would be neat to see once you've finished.

Looks epic, how much did that set you back if you dont mind me asking.

I spend around £600 for it. Well worth the money, i noticed difference in low end response. Going in for a MRC stage 2 remap tomorrow, so should make a lot more difference then :D

Reactions: Kayobong and Starry
Had thoughts about letting her go, on the fence with it