What fuel do you use?!

psd99

Reaction score
I go by shell v power most of the time

What do u all use?

Was using Shell 95.....for two and a half months, then strange pinking type noise.....changed up to V Power 99 and it's been sweet ever since....and I have now done 6,000miles since the change.

Cheers
A

red out of the jcb on site :thumbsup:

Reactions: D2NY G
Is shell 95 the standard
unleaded at shell?

I would use premium diesel but none of my local garages have it, even the Shell garage only has V-power petrol... Occasionally I'll treat myself to a tank of BP ultimate if I'm passing, but at 10p more per litre on motorways it's not always the best option.

I try to avoid supermarkets though, as I've heard that they have the lowest quality (and hence lowest cost) fuel going...

i use super diesel from texaco :)

Always use V-Power unleaded..only the best!! :arco:

Texaco is the best I have used. I have tried all the rest and found Texaco to be the cleanest (soot).

Depending on the car Ultra-Low Sulphur should be used with cars which have DPF. Mine doesnt but still use this as it has the lowest levels of sulphur reducing soot (because sulphur is used as a lubricant on older engines, they compensate by using more treatment - hence a cleaner engine all round)

Shell V-power is a close runner up.

green diesel

So the majority of us are using shell v power

I am going to join up with that card they gave me
might as well

since i got my S4 2 yrs ago, i now know all the staff at the 3 shell garages around Reading by name lol!!

goose

any diesel really,, saying that in 2006 i bought a brand new skoda surberb 105 pd after 2 weeks remapped it when it had around 120k on the clock i put kerosene in it (approx a full tank) no problems at all...

Is the higher grade diesel actually any better than the standard stuff - whats the pro's and con's etc? Having only recently joined the coal burning way of life, I've never paid attention to the higher grade fuels before, away from Shell V-Power petrol.

Dolphin Grey '57 plate 2.0T FSI. You'll only ever see me at the Basingstoke Road Shell. :)