What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Had a mooch around Costco when wife for doing the shop - Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner 1.89L. thought good value at £12 so dropped in the trolley with the Danish pastries :) - a quick search on my phone had Halfords at £18 and on line £17 - £25

View attachment 166986

Bargain....but hopefully you didnt wash the Danish Pastries....down with it....or we would callin ya Neil Micheal Woodburn Bubl'e......lol

. One of my neighbour's daughter is returning her KIA lease deal and wants me to detail it beforehand. Was supposed to do it this Sunday but a bit under the weather atm.

S4 went in for re-correct after Oxford Audi screwed it up. This time we decided to strip Finest Reserve and apply Geyon DuraFlex. The and depth and the gloss even on the white paint is astonishing and way way better than Finest Reserve.

5057b299029e4136bb55bd2f3fb8a82a.jpg

87fbd5e733b4602bff4a7ca4088c9281.jpg

4db2bb85c3459ad96b36f98661f1dc75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best S4/Wedding Car l have seen mate....any bride would be over the moon when that arrived at their home.....lol

All kidding aside looks like new

Reactions: V6_Man
Off topic but you'll all appreciate it just the same...lol just got myself a new Telly....for me bedroom a Sammy 75un8000....not OLED but it's a corker...the Mrs is fuming...lol.....

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Jimbob76
Best S4/Wedding Car l have seen mate....any bride would be over the moon when that arrived at their home.....lol

All kidding aside looks like new

. Wish it was Sepang or any other dark colour car. The depth is just amazing, shame pics don't do justice.

Reactions: Jassyo06
That's a ****** amazing telly Jassy. Also, what @Jimbob76 is saying here about the 'inches', is it true
My moto is as long as l am satisfied in the bedroom that's the main thing lol
Been looking at TV"s for awhile now got the Mrs a 55"Samsung a few weeks ago,, was looking at a holiday for this week but we kinda missed the boat on that, so got my self a new telly, looked at oled but too expensive for what l wanted to pay, and the Samsung 75 is replacing a 5 year old 65uf8000 which is still a cracking TV so let's hope it goes on the wall OK as its just a stud drywall partition

Reactions: NevMan, Jimbob76 and V6_Man

Isn't it the same for all of us.

Been looking at TV"s for awhile now got the Mrs a 55"Samsung a few weeks ago,, was looking at a holiday for this week but we kinda missed the boat on that, so got my self a new telly, looked at oled but too expensive for what l wanted to pay, and the Samsung 75 is replacing a 5 year old 65uf8000 which is still a cracking TV so let's hope it goes on the wall OK as its just a stud drywall partition

Another expensive months for you mate but that's why and what we earn for isn't it. I am also looking for one but tad bit smaller, i.e. 32" for kids bedroom as Mrs demaged the screen of the current one while 'cleaning' the room - ***.

Ok, so bought a wedge of stuff last weekend, and was delivered yesterday. Wife was at work today, I was not, the ankle biters were at school, the weather was perfectly overcast and dry sooo...

6 hours of blissful solitude and Buddhist zen-like very detailed detailing. Cracking day. Here are the new products (minus the Incredibrush FLAT wheel brush - forgot to get that out for the photo!)...

014265D1 29E4 4164 A67D 96D2482638C6

(Has the forum changed image size upload parameters BTW - seems to be MUCH better as of today :thumbs up:)

Went through a thorough pre-wash and paintwork de-contamination process - citrus pre-wash on the front facing panels (using Gyeon Bug and Grime), then Bilt Hamber snow foam, rinse, iron fall-out remover (BH Kerrosol - was surprised at how much ‘purple’ actually came off the paint!), rinse, BH Surfex HD used as second stage snow foam to de-grease (works ruddy brilliantly as a snow foam, might have to think about experimenting 50/50 with BH Auto Foam for my regular wash), rinse, hand wash, rinse, dry. Coffee and a biscuit.

Then, once my paint was fully decontaminated, got the Gyeon Cure out. WOW - very impressed with this! Applied using the Paragon applicator pads in the pic above (£10 for x5 from fleabay) spritzed a couple of sprays of the Gyeon directly onto the pad (rather than straight onto the paintwork) for each small area I worked on - 2 sprays onto the pad will do a quarter of a bonnet or a third of a door, to give an idea of how much to use. Has an oily characteristic in application, which made it easy to see where you’d applied it - tip here is a VERY little goes a VERY long way and work in small sections - in the pic above you can see how little of the bottle I used to coat the whole car. Reckon I can get about 12 x applications out of a 400ml bottle - so c. <£1.50 per application. Not expensive when you look at it like that. Work in small areas at a time, apply and buff off straight away using a separate plush microfibre. Seriously easy and really enjoyed using this. Left the paintwork feeling slick to the touch (unlike Sonax BSD, which I don’t hate - it does a job, but does leave the paint feeling ‘grabby’ and is now relegated to the missus’ motor). Hoping it will give a month+ protection. Looking forward to seeing how it beads when it rains tomorrow. Only downside is it has given me the confidence to try TAC Moonlight the next time I need to buy sealant (this has a claimed 9 months protection with much higher Si02 content), but I’m not going to run out of Cure anytime soon!

Surfex HD in ma new spray bottle, at 50/50 dilution with water (possibly overkill), made short work of degreasing/deep cleaning the tyres, and in combination with the Tuf-Shine tyre brush (seriously, get yourself one of these and throw your old IKEA dish wash brush in the bin), made the boring job of tyre cleaning an absolute doddle. Gyeon Tire then dressed the tyres (bonds much better to properly cleaned tyres).

Black Diamond glass towel by Rag Master - wow. Just shows that job specific products are worth it - so much better for cleaning glass inside and out than a regular microfibre. Not expensive - recommend!

Incredibrush flat. F3ck1n perfect for cleaning the barrels of the S3’s wheels - slips behind the front calipers perfectly and doesn’t catch on the disc guards at the back of the wheel. Hate this job normally, but REALLY happy with this purchase. 5* bit of kit. Not at all cheap at £30 - but makes a job I hated much more enjoyable (used alongside BH Auto Wheel), so money well spent in my head at least. It will last too - well made (German). If you’re tempted, get the FLAT version, rather than the normal round version.

Bouncers Done and Dusted will be a drying aid inbetween Gyeon Cure applications - ‘tis a good quick detailer, I’ve used it before.

Autosol’d the exhaust tips.

Cleaned the leather (just driver’s seat and steering wheel this time) with Valet Pro leather soap and Colour Lock leather shield.

And done. If you read this far, well done. Sorry for the essay, I got carried away - just wanted to share my experiences in a ‘safe’ place :blush:.

Couple of pics to show the gloss following today’s efforts...

312F73CC 73F3 45F2 BF9A 86524D585EBF

2F930FC8 A254 4B73 A058 AF7F3CCB6696

(Sorry @jassyo06 - beat you to the garage forecourt under LED lights shot! Get yours done and posted pal!)

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man, Pinky1959, MattSedg and 7 others
Ok, so bought a wedge of stuff last weekend, and was delivered yesterday. Wife was at work today, I was not, the ankle biters were at school, the weather was perfectly overcast and dry sooo...

6 hours of blissful solitude and Buddhist zen-like very detailed detailing. Cracking day. Here are the new products (minus the Incredibrush FLAT wheel brush - forgot to get that out for the photo!)...

View attachment 167122

(Has the forum changed image size upload parameters BTW - seems to be MUCH better as of today :thumbs up:)

Went through a thorough pre-wash and paintwork de-contamination process - citrus pre-wash on the front facing panels (using Gyeon Bug and Grime), then Bilt Hamber snow foam, rinse, iron fall-out remover (BH Kerrosol - was surprised at how much ‘purple’ actually came off the paint!), rinse, BH Surfex HD used as second stage snow foam to de-grease (works ruddy brilliantly as a snow foam, might have to think about experimenting 50/50 with BH Auto Foam for my regular wash), rinse, hand wash, rinse, dry. Coffee and a biscuit.

Then, once my paint was fully decontaminated, got the Gyeon Cure out. WOW - very impressed with this! Applied using the Paragon applicator pads in the pic above (£10 for x5 from fleabay) spritzed a couple of sprays of the Gyeon directly onto the pad (rather than straight onto the paintwork) for each small area I worked on - 2 sprays onto the pad will do a quarter of a bonnet or a third of a door, to give an idea of how much to use. Has an oily characteristic in application, which made it easy to see where you’d applied it - tip here is a VERY little goes a VERY long way and work in small sections - in the pic above you can see how little of the bottle I used to coat the whole car. Reckon I can get about 12 x applications out of a 400ml bottle - so c. <£1.50 per application. Not expensive when you look at it like that. Work in small areas at a time, apply and buff off straight away using a separate plush microfibre. Seriously easy and really enjoyed using this. Left the paintwork feeling slick to the touch (unlike Sonax BSD, which I don’t hate - it does a job, but does leave the paint feeling ‘grabby’ and is now relegated to the missus’ motor). Hoping it will give a month+ protection. Looking forward to seeing how it beads when it rains tomorrow. Only downside is it has given me the confidence to try TAC Moonlight the next time I need to buy sealant (this has a claimed 9 months protection with much higher Si02 content), but I’m not going to run out of Cure anytime soon!

Surfex HD in ma new spray bottle, at 50/50 dilution with water (possibly overkill), made short work of degreasing/deep cleaning the tyres, and in combination with the Tuf-Shine tyre brush (seriously, get yourself one of these and throw your old IKEA dish wash brush in the bin), made the boring job of tyre cleaning an absolute doddle. Gyeon Tire then dressed the tyres (bonds much better to properly cleaned tyres).

Black Diamond glass towel by Rag Master - wow. Just shows that job specific products are worth it - so much better for cleaning glass inside and out than a regular microfibre. Not expensive - recommend!

Incredibrush flat. F3ck1n perfect for cleaning the barrels of the S3’s wheels - slips behind the front calipers perfectly and doesn’t catch on the disc guards at the back of the wheel. Hate this job normally, but REALLY happy with this purchase. 5* bit of kit. Not at all cheap at £30 - but makes a job I hated much more enjoyable (used alongside BH Auto Wheel), so money well spent in my head at least. It will last too - well made (German). If you’re tempted, get the FLAT version, rather than the normal round version.

Bouncers Done and Dusted will be a drying aid inbetween Gyeon Cure applications - ‘tis a good quick detailer, I’ve used it before.

Cleaned the leather (just driver’s seat and steering wheel this time) with Valet Pro leather soap and Colour Lock leather shield.

And done. If you read this far, well done. Sorry for the essay, I got carried away - just wanted to share my experiences in a ‘safe’ place :blush:.

View attachment 167123

View attachment 167124

(Sorry @jassyo06 - beat you to the garage forecourt under LED lights shot! Get yours done and posted pal!)
Lol that's a major league finish mate, your car looks absolutely stunning, l rate gyeon cure very highly indeed actually lve almost run of the stuff, what l had left in the bottle l topped it up with some Gtechniq C2v3 as l have a litre of the stuff l bought in February, Surfex HD sounds very good, ideal for the winter months
And before you go and buy Moonlight remember the cars paint needs to be stripped of all product so a DAS6 Pro plus would come in handy lol best looking Daytona on here mate

Reactions: MattSedg and Jimbob76
Off topic but you'll all appreciate it just the same...lol just got myself a new Telly....for me bedroom a Sammy 75un8000....not OLED but it's a corker...the Mrs is fuming...lol.....

Funny how you can’t afford a gazebo but can manage to get a tv for 2k

View attachment 167122

View attachment 167123

View attachment 167124

Excellent work, looks super shiny.

That BH Surfex will last for years and is a powerful degreaser. Try some to clean the engine bay area, works a treat.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Jimbob76

View attachment 167122

View attachment 167123

View attachment 167124

****** hell @Jimbob76 that was well hell of a detailed and excellent write up, and yes I did read all of it!

I have a number of those products which is good, but I have the incredibrush round brush and as you suggest the flat is probably better, unless you have 20” + wheels as catches on my guards etc, meaning doesn’t get used very much :-(.

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06

Mate, now that is some serious kit you have there! Nice one

6 hours of blissful solitude and Buddhist zen-like very detailed detailing
Funny how you can’t afford a gazebo but can manage to get a tv for 2k

Not finish either getting myself a Pioneer LX Av receiver, Rel T7 subwoofer, KEF superflat L/R speakers and a Centre speaker, new Bluray player and a PS4

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan, Scotty75 and 1 other person
Lol that's a major league finish mate, your car looks absolutely stunning, l rate gyeon cure very highly indeed...
...And before you go and buy Moonlight remember the cars paint needs to be stripped of all product so a DAS6 Pro plus would come in handy lol best looking Daytona on here mate

Cheers pal - appreciate that. Think it’s pretty inevitable I’ll be picking up a DA at some point and the DAS6 Pro Plus looks like a sensible choice for a hobbyist like myself. I keep fighting the urge but I’m sure I’ll buckle, probably next spring when we emerge from Winter!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Not finish either getting myself a Pioneer LX Av receiver, Rel T7 subwoofer, KEF superflat L/R speakers and a Centre speaker, new Bluray player and a PS4
Have to show us the setup at the end and hopefully the tv works well with PS4 as not all do I had to send one back before as it had to much input lag, i take you be getting the PS4 pro ?

Nice gear mate I used to have separates and full 7.1 surround, but now more than happy with Sonos playbar, sub and 2x play1 surrounds. Don’t need cables everyone and plenty good enough sound for me. Oh yes, and have 7+ Sonos speakers around the house too

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Love Kef and Pioneer. My setup was a Pioneer LX52 with Kef speakers. Upgraded my receiver to a Yamaha now. For me you can't beat seperates.
Nice gear mate I used to have separates and full 7.1 surround, but now more than happy with Sonos playbar, sub and 2x play1 surrounds. Don’t need cables everyone and plenty good enough sound for me. Oh yes, and have 7+ Sonos speakers around the house too
ddf1449efee579f465dee40f8068aa38.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man, A4A4, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Back on topic....... The car is looking awesome @jimbo76. Silghtly jealous of your ceramic coated Q5 in this weather @q5man

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Love Kef and Pioneer. My setup was a Pioneer LX52 with Kef speakers. Upgraded my receiver to a Yamaha now. For me you can't beat seperates.

Agree @Scotty75 you CANNOT beat separates not even close

Have to show us the setup at the end and hopefully the tv works well with PS4 as not all do I had to send one back before as it had to much input lag, i take you be getting the PS4 pro ?

i seen this word pro...in a description on one,what has that over the standard PS4

Reactions: Audib5fan

Very very ****** spectacular...lol,l wish i had the space to get such speakers,hence l go with 2 subs,l had the pioneer LX58 Bluray player and the Pioneer LX58 receiver but sold the lot 2 years ago l just cant see past their LX range mate

Reactions: Scotty75 and Audib5fan

LOL.....Sonos kit is top drawer

Reactions: NevMan and Audib5fan

View attachment 167122

View attachment 167123

View attachment 167124

So.................... The Petrol Forecourt Challenge is on.....lol...............will try and get my car up to scratch tomorrow if it does'nt rain...mate,spent a few hours on er indoors car today,fired on a old friend....Dodo Juice red mist....its good stuff...its actually a type of sealant...and very durable

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76

Thought it was a screenshot from a game of Tetris with all those blocks.

Hope you leave in a detached or god help the neighbours.

Joking aside that is a fantastic setup!

Reactions: Scotty75, NevMan and Jassyo06
i seen this word pro...in a description on one,what has that over the standard PS4

You can do like 4K and vr on pro and got better network settings and all that , check them out on YouTube see which you think be best for you

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
Scholl Concepts W6 - has anyone experience of this as quite like the application of their products ?

Double wash today, knackered
Usual snow foam with BH, carpro reset and topped off with reload

001bf8abae7114ed9db44142327359f2.jpg

1eaf233f6a430d167f7ca18b69407bb2.jpg

065f5aff8c2990ac831c78c3c4254624.jpg

d5e88927ea566049272a3a9c617f18fd.jpg

Reactions: Jimbob76, V6_Man, Scotty75 and 4 others

Nae wonder yer knackered mate both are ****** stunners...even though ye contracted the detailing work out a few months ago...lol No on a serious note the best photos ever,be proud and go and have a beer or 6

Reactions: A4A4 and NevMan
Nae wonder yer knackered mate both are ****** stunners...even though ye contracted the detailing work out a few months ago...lol No on a serious note the best photos ever,be proud and go and have a beer or 6

Haha, I did mate, but I will do it all myself next time.

Thanks, better photos down to new iPhone

View attachment 167122

View attachment 167123

View attachment 167124

Fantabolous job mate and brlisnt write-up. . Love the colour. It really pops once cleaned properly

Reactions: Jimbob76

Perfect as always @q5man. Hope you've recovered by now

Reactions: NevMan
Cheers pal - appreciate that. Think it’s pretty inevitable I’ll be picking up a DA at some point and the DAS6 Pro Plus looks like a sensible choice for a hobbyist like myself. I keep fighting the urge but I’m sure I’ll buckle, probably next spring when we emerge from Winter!
My Flex xfe 7-15 - 125 should be needing replacing by then mate lol

Reactions: NevMan, Jimbob76, V6_Man and 1 other person
After almost 3 or maybe 4 weeks I finally got the time to wash the A3 . Bought a shampoo from my detailer who did the S4 and I was blown away by its cleaning ability as well as gloss. Shampoo is really think so you don't need a lot, really sudsy and smells nice too. And it looks like it is going to last me ages. Oh, and it is coating friendly as well...

77b07defda983849d8ae0e5ae9f6d75a.jpg

The only before picture

d50ad757a8d979ee299fef16ac4744d3.jpg

And the 'after' ... The car has been only washed. No sealent applied and tbh and like I said before gloss is top-class

4c1d4bbccc955820394b9e6f1722c347.jpg

bbe00f7e00493d3ed703a2f57820b534.jpg

edb6840e0bc3cac1d968792fb1f94fbd.jpg

Reactions: oli356, A4A4, NevMan and 2 others
My Flex xfe 7-15 - 125 should be needing replacing by then mate lol

Let is know when your mini DA is up for grabs as @q5man has decided not to talk about it at all . He thinks I am funny

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Let is know when your mini DA is up for grabs as @q5man has decided not to talk about the mini DA at all

Lol the Flex XFE 7-12-80 is a gem of a machine mate as are the Flex pads that came with it, l would actually love to polish the whole car with it, it's that good but it would take too long lol so going to be renewing my pads as and when it's needed to the Flex pads