What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Few times I've forgotten something I've emailed them and they shipped it out for free and I just paid for the goods. Decent customer service.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Worth a shot I guess

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adam14 and NevMan
That sinking feeling when you know you've forgotten something on your order ........

Clay bar , damn it ! Knew there was something and now my order has dispatched. Oh well off to Halfords then

So annoying, but as mentioned worth trying a call, could get cheap/free delivery

Reactions: Scotty75
Message sent , fingers crossed. Looked at Halfords but they seem overpriced . Some of the kits on there use QD spray as lube for the clay. Don't like the idea of that as it's adding a layer to the paint prior to polishing and that's no good.

Bilt Hamber just spray water on the paint and rub the clay over it ...... Much better method .

Reactions: NevMan
Not worth ringing them?
Gave it a try but don't know if my ears were playing games or if my mobile was misbehaving....... Suffice to say I gave up .

Anyway . Popped over to Slims and used some points up , got some clay with next day delivery for less than a tenner........ Meltdown averted

Reactions: Jassyo06, Adam14 and NevMan
Gave it a try but don't know if my ears were playing games or if my mobile was misbehaving....... Suffice to say I gave up .

Anyway . Popped over to Slims and used some points up , got some clay with next day delivery for less than a tenner........ Meltdown averted

Fairy liquid diluted is a very cheap lube for claying mate it'll strip any lsp left on the car into the bargain

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Fairy liquid diluted is a very cheap lube for claying mate it'll strip any lsp left on the car into the bargain
Fairy liquid seems to be having a comeback round here lol.

Sure Bilt Hamber recommend spraying with water while claying but yours sounds like a good idea so I'll give it a go . Waxed the car a couple of weekend ago so will need to be rid of that for sure

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Fairy liquid seems to be having a comeback round here lol.

Sure Bilt Hamber recommend spraying with water while claying but yours sounds like a good idea so I'll give it a go . Waxed the car a couple of weekend ago so will need to be rid of that for sure

Only use a drop of fairy mate in say a 500 ml bottle you don't need a lot at all, and claying a car can result in slight marring of paint, but not a problem as the compound will remove it if there is any

Reactions: Scotty75
Thanks for the tip mate . Itching to see the results from the Sonax , heard only good things about it .

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
And we are itching to see your results scotty

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Scotty75 and Jassyo06
Refilled all of these ready for the better weather.

2848E545 038A 46BF A134 5B7CBC956BC2

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
When your order from Slims arrives but you know it's just a clay bar inside lol
89f354bd6b69dd1a8750bdb121b6975f.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
Just a small’ish order from CYC:

99dc4300cf36e1a62131496f259143b0.jpg

Despite having a few woolly mammoth drying towels, I have wanted to try silk dryer for awhile. Whilst on there got a few other goodies

Well impressed with the Gyeon Silk Dryer Have always thought the CG Wooly Mammoth (I have two) were brilliant, but find they get very very heavy and ideally need two to fully dry Q5 (it is a big old thing). Silk dryer dried the whole thing and just one wring out needed. Quality....will definitely get another for the JCW

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Well impressed with the Gyeon Silk Dryer Have always thought the CG Wooly Mammoth (I have two) were brilliant, but find they get very very heavy and ideally need two to fully dry Q5 (it is a big old thing). Silk dryer dried the whole thing and just one wring out needed. Quality....will definitely get another for the JCW
Sounds pretty impressive! I use AF drying towel for the S5 and find it manages to do about 95% of the car and then I use TRG to finish off the small areas and an eagle Edgeless to dry the door jambs and wheels.

Sounds pretty impressive! I use AF drying towel for the S5 and find it manages to do about 95% of the car and then I use TRG to finish off the small areas and an eagle Edgeless to dry the door jambs and wheels.

I do use different cloths for door jambs, but that is by choice not necessity

Reactions: Scotty75 and Adam14
Finally got round to ordering some decent micro fibre cloths after putting up with small thin cheap rubbish.
Got some nice 500gsm edgeless 16 inch square cloths. Hopefully they will give me a nicer finish when buffing the car.

I have put my order in for the Autobrite Easter sale. I have got £59.50 with of stuff for £34.50

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190421-104343_Gmail.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190421-104343_Gmail.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: V6_Man, Scotty75, Jassyo06 and 2 others
You really need to get a water filter. Used my new Vyair for the first time on Friday, and it was great to wash the car and let it air dry with zero water marks :yes:

Reactions: Scotty75, NevMan, josul and 3 others
Hey all, first post back in a while :) taking delivery of a 2016 sepang blue sq5 plus this weekend coming... used to enjoy detailing my current Audi A4 b7 when I didn’t have a son, then my weekends seem to have disappeared for the last 5 years. Meaning the car hardly got a clean!

Sooo since I have a new car coming... thought I need some new products! :) splurge 01... going to try out a ceramic coating later in the year to save some $$ on paying some one to do it... but this should keep me happy for a while!

f7fda818cab631d1771ee1930831ff9d.jpg

I will try and write up reports of car before and after... here’s the only shot I have of it atm when viewing it on the dealers

88f84be3d86f8e85c0b295ddbb892f89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bulldog, Bristle Hound, V6_Man and 5 others
You really need to get a water filter. Used my new Vyair for the first time on Friday, and it was great to wash the car and let it air dry with zero water marks :yes:

Mate, have had a raceglaze one for a year .

Reactions: SPIKE_ and V6_Man
Hey all, first post back in a while :) taking delivery of a 2016 sepang blue sq5 plus this weekend coming... used to enjoy detailing my current Audi A4 b7 when I didn’t have a son, then my weekends seem to have disappeared for the last 5 years. Meaning the car hardly got a clean!

Sooo since I have a new car coming... thought I need some new products! :) splurge 01... going to try out a ceramic coating later in the year to save some $$ on paying some one to do it... but this should keep me happy for a while!

I will try and write up reports of car before and after... here’s the only shot I have of it atm when viewing it on the dealers

Cracking car, and colour mate, and that is some haul of products you have there Look forward to more pics and write ups.

Reactions: V6_Man

Bloomin Eck...... Someone's going to be busy . Some serious kit you've ordered there and that SQ5 ....... Very nice indeed .

@einonsy . Just a little pointer for another time . Check out www.in2detailing.co.uk. They're a site sponsor here now and if you put in the code "ASNET" you get 10% off for being a forum member . Nice little saving on an order that size

Last edited:
Reactions: einonsy, V6_Man, NevMan and 1 other person
would be rude not to take @in2detailing up on his kind offer of 10% discount this week.
Nothing really that I need urgently....is that ever the case :whistle2:

Upload 2019 4 24 8 11 18

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75
Popped over to Flea Bay , money saving exercise

Anyway , picked up some Gtechniq C5 30ml for £36.49 and some Sonax BSD for £9.99. Just about to run out of QD so thought I'd give it a try as I know some of you boys rate it ...... I know someone who doesn't lol but it'll be good to see how it performs .

Not to forget I'm also expecting a very generous gift from @Tashfeen in the post

Now if only the new boots for the A3 would hurry up and arrive

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan, Adam14 and 1 other person
There's a seller on there worth looking at if you don't mind the bay . "Discount Detailing_UK".

Saved nearly £7 on the Gtechniq C5 over the other main detailing sites , plus free postage. Seems to have a whole host of products at a decent saving .

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldog, V6_Man, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Reactions: Bulldog and Scotty75
I thought they were the cheapest, as I know @Bristle Hound has posted that before, but when I looked this morning and searched for Sonax, came up with nothing...clearly their search function not the best

yeah, its better to search on eurocarparts, get the product number and put that in the search bar on carparts4less :thumbs up:

Mike

Reactions: Bristle Hound
If your planning on using a machine ? You'll need Bilt Hamber Cleanser fluid if you haven't got it already
I thought Angelwax Stripped-Ease was removal system would do :)

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
I thought Angelwax Stripped-Ease was removal system would do :)
Not tried that one mate .. Used Carpro eraser and Gtechniqs panel wipe both ain't as good as the Bilt hamber,the Bilt hamber just seems to go a bit further than the others ie l use less product to remove the same amount of compound residue on a panel but Bilt hamber cleansing fluid is quite expensive for 500mls maybe that's the why

Reactions: Scotty75, NevMan and V6_Man
Not tried that one mate .. Used Carpro eraser and Gtechniqs panel wipe both ain't as good as the Bilt hamber,the Bilt hamber just seems to go a bit further than the others ie l use less product to remove the same amount of compound residue on a panel but Bilt hamber cleansing fluid is quite expensive for 500mls maybe that's the why

Tbh was looking to get BH, as have used Gtechniq panel wipe when I coated door shuts and alloys, doesn’t go far at all! - But in2detailing don’t sell it, so thought I would try the AngelWax one, as I like all their other products I have bought such as cleanliness, vision, H2Go etc

Reactions: Jassyo06

@einonsy - Welcome back !
Fab looking SQ5 & in a fab colour
@jassyo06 & I used to have sepang blue Audi's, a S3 SB & a S4 saloon respectively
Lovely colour to work with IMO

Looking foreword to more pic's

Plenty of Detailing gear to keep you outta mischief for a while lol