What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Great job mate, looking really really good. You going to ceramic before fitting? GTechniq C5 or similar?

Thank you very much. I hadn't thought about ceramic coating, how easy is it to do?

Thank you very much. I hadn't thought about ceramic coating, how easy is it to do?
I'm very incompetent and managed it mate, so should give a good benchmark

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kayobong
Mate, it is so so easy, and your wheels are pretty much prepped now after DA'ing. Some panel wipe, and then apply coating doing sections at a time, apply, and wipe off within x (depends on which one you go for). C5 certainly very very easy, and if you wanted more than one coat, allow about an hour (in this heat) between applications. Makes cleaning a real doddle.

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk...WUwtAXqNKZ6OatOVA-1dVcSrDAYPKmFRoCS14QAvD_BwE

Reactions: V6_Man, Kayobong, SPIKE_ and 1 other person
Mate, it is so so easy, and your wheels are pretty much prepped now after DA'ing. Some panel wipe, and then apply coating doing sections at a time, apply, and wipe off within x (depends on which one you go for). C5 certainly very very easy, and if you wanted more than one coat, allow about an hour (in this heat) between applications. Makes cleaning a real doddle.

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk...WUwtAXqNKZ6OatOVA-1dVcSrDAYPKmFRoCS14QAvD_BwE

Completely concur with what @X3man has said. Very easy to apply....just follow the instructions to a T, and you can’t go wrong (famous last words!).

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Kayobong
Gave the wife’s ds3 a quick clean up

simonize black enriched polish
Turtle wax black enriched quick spray

hasn’t come up too bad, don’t bother keeping her car as nice as mine as she doesn’t care and is on to building sites all the time

Attachments

• F4051F7C-9092-4295-A201-9E63B1F00216.jpeg
    F4051F7C-9092-4295-A201-9E63B1F00216.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 824E619E-FEE9-4C32-9EF0-58C1C0DEC7B8.jpeg
    824E619E-FEE9-4C32-9EF0-58C1C0DEC7B8.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: feva, Bristle Hound and V6_Man
So, after finishing painting, and clearing the front and rear gardens of the house (since Monday) and BBQ in the afternoon I started off with the daily, i.e. BMW and tackled the much neglected engine bay first.

Products used were SurfexHD, engine detailing brush, baby wipes and quite a few cheapo MFs. There are still a few bits left, which I aim to finish tomorrow.

Initially, the plan was paint correct tomorrow but BMW ain't getting that much love from me . The new plan is to decon the pain by using CP IronX, clay the body, wash and then use a QD.

Before

B0C3D488 9889 4754 939B 2E15F125C675

After
715110B8 B441 40B6 971A A51A0AADFDE9

8742CB30 A3B0 4E76 8419 8C3723DA3084

Reactions: NevMan, Bristle Hound, Rich76 and 3 others
So, after finishing painting, and clearing the front and rear gardens of the house (since Monday) and BBQ in the afternoon I started off with the daily, i.e. BMW and tackled the much neglected engine bay first.

Products used were SurfexHD, engine detailing brush, baby wipes and quite a few cheapo MFs. There are still a few bits left, which I aim to finish tomorrow.

Initially, the plan was paint correct tomorrow but BMW ain't getting that much love from me . The new plan is to decon the pain by using CP IronX, clay the body, wash and then use a QD.

Before

View attachment 200802

After
View attachment 200803
View attachment 200805

Very nice, I haven’t touched under my bonnet yet. I’m reluctant to as it’s hideously dirty. But when I do, if it looks anywhere near this nice I’d be thrilled.

Reactions: V6_Man
Washed the thing and gave the rear end 1 stage correction rest will get done tomorrow

Before

View attachment 200802

After
View attachment 200803
View attachment 200805
You'll be a while claying mate engine bay looks immaculate.....no korrosol....I find this far more effective than a any iron contaminate remover or even wheel cleaner....l bolt hamber wheel cleaner around the lower half of my car and it wasn't as effective as korrosol.....

Reactions: V6_Man
Wee bit of machine polishing done yesterday to the passenger's side door rear wing,rear bumper finish the rest today
20200411 192058

Reactions: Neil Woodburn, Pinky1959, SPIKE_ and 5 others
Washed the thing and gave the rear end 1 stage correction rest will get done tomorrow

You'll be a while claying mate engine bay looks immaculate.....no korrosol....I find this far more effective than a any iron contaminate remover or even wheel cleaner....l bolt hamber wheel cleaner around the lower half of my car and it wasn't as effective as korrosol.....

Cheers @jassyo06. I have always used Korrosol however, I only recently found out that I had a box lying around (still packed) with IronX in it ... Well, 2 actually . So, will use them first.

Had a thought over night and I am probably going to order a few more QHex green pads and practice it on BMW before doing a proper correction on A3. It has been over a year since I've polished any of my cars. I was also thinking of ordering Shinemate MF pads (or something similar) and using them on BMW first before A3.

Very nice, I haven’t touched under my bonnet yet. I’m reluctant to as it’s hideously dirty. But when I do, if it looks anywhere near this nice I’d be thrilled.

Cheers buddy - that's the hardwork paid off. Trust me, you'll do a better job than I did and that is pretty evident from the alloys you did earlier

Reactions: Kayobong
Cheers @jassyo06. I have always used Korrosol however, I only recently found out that I had a box lying around (still packed) with IronX in it ... Well, 2 actually . So, will use them first.

Had a thought over night and I am probably going to order a few more QHex green pads and practice it on BMW before doing a proper correction on A3. It has been over a year since I've polished any of my cars. I was also thinking of ordering Shinemate MF pads (or something similar) and using them on BMW first before A3.
BMW will need a 2 stager mate microfiber pads will work magic on the tough older BMW paint so hope you've got a good cutting compound? a small 250 ml bottle of Menzerna 400, then say some Menzerna 3500/3800 250 ml bottle with green hex logic pads ....this combo will work magically on all your cars mate that you've been neglecting lol

Reactions: OCDaveS4 and V6_Man
So proud of this clean, I had to join the forum as im sure there are other like me
just seeking appreciation from others than family members saying " nice and shiny"

Scuba Blue Scrubs up very nicely when ceramic coated, No filters needed
20200412 185810 min20200412 184724 min

Reactions: A4A4, Andy Butcher, V6_Man and 2 others
Right perfectionist l am ...so finished off machine polishing the rear end and full passenger side...even polished the back registration plate lol and the roof and the high gloss black panels door mirrors,panoramic roof surround but reverted back to Sonax perfect finish it doesn't dust no matter how much you work it...where as gtechniq nano does dust.......when worked hard...finished off with Fireball nano coat...so unpredictable in its curing times...buff off too early yer there for ages...using multiple cloths...buff off too late...yer a world of tricep muscle usage/pain...trying to remove it...am shattered lol
Last thoughts on BSD it's a beading perverts nirvana....but to touch it leaves a freshly machine polished painted surface sticky to touch with a good bit of resistance ...dust magnate?.just like silicone does....highly water resistant but to touch...feels as if hasnt cured 100%,car is a work in progress still got 2 doors on the drivers side to do....plus the alloys and the interior especially the inside of the glass...and after lockdown has relaxed its getting 4 new tyres just in time for the Scottish Summer if there is such a season up here lol

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man, SPIKE_ and Bristle Hound
Right perfectionist l am ...so finished off machine polishing the rear end and full passenger side...even polished the back registration plate lol and the roof and the high gloss black panels door mirrors,panoramic roof surround but reverted back to Sonax perfect finish it doesn't dust no matter how much you work it...where as gtechniq nano does dust.......when worked hard...finished off with Fireball nano coat...so unpredictable in its curing times...buff off too early yer there for ages...using multiple cloths...buff off too late...yer a world of tricep muscle usage/pain...trying to remove it...am shattered lol
Last thoughts on BSD it's a beading perverts nirvana....but to touch it leaves a freshly machine polished painted surface sticky to touch with a bit a good bit of resistance ....just like silicone does....water resistant but to touch...feels as if hasnt cured 100%,car is a work in progress still got 2 doors on the drivers side to do....plus the alloys and the interior especially the inside of the glass...and after lockdown has relaxed its getting 4 new tyres just in time for the Scottish Summer if there is such a season up here lol
@jassyo06 - Would agree with you mate over the BSD
Its very grabby & doesn't leave a slick finish to the touch, however as you know I'm a beading obsessed detailer lol
It helps if you apply the BSD with a damp MF then buff off after every 2nd panel
This is why I had a play with the BSD mixes buddy. Not at all grabby when mixed, but then again you know that ... ;):D

Once my stash of Gyeon Cure runs low I'm going to have a try of Infinity Wax Synergy QD - getting some great reviews at the mo
Could be a while tho' lol

Reactions: V6_Man and SPIKE_
...and after lockdown has relaxed its getting 4 new tyres just in time for the Scottish Summer if there is such a season up here lol
Would you still opt for the OE Pirelli’s or go for something else. Michelin PS4s are great...highly recommended.

Would you still opt for the OE Pirelli’s or go for something else. Michelin PS4s are great...highly recommended.

I'd rather get Hankook ditch finders fitted over Michelin Ps4's....Mrs has got them on her fiesta....wear rate is terrible even on a light 1 litre front wheel drive car ....and besides they are fugly looking tyres.....sidewalls are too square no kerb protection,factory Pzero's didnt last anymore than 11k miles....all due to the hot summer we had 2 years ago...so yeah another 4 Pzero's it is...amazing tyre in the wet and dry...cold weather not so good...but what summer tyre is....should get 16k miles out of the current tyres....love the look of the Pzeros especially in the 19" sixe

I'd rather get Hankook ditch finders fitted over Michelin Ps4's....Mrs has got them on her fiesta....wear rate is terrible even on a light 1 litre front wheel drive car ....and besides they are fugly looking tyres.....sidewalls are too square no kerb protection,factory Pzero's didnt last anymore than 11k miles....all due to the hot summer we had 2 years ago...so yeah another 4 Pzero's it is...amazing tyre in the wet and dry...cold weather not so good...but what summer tyre is....should get 16k miles out of the current tyres....love the look of the Pzeros especially in the 19" sixe

*Cough* Goodyear *Cough*

Reactions: Jassyo06
The look of the Pzeros are their biggest strength (and they do look the best tyre that I’ve seen) but the the Michelin is superior in every other way IMO.

Reactions: Adam14

‘Fugly looking tyres’

PS4’s seem to be best rated for S3’s from what I’ve read? Lasting 12k-20k depending on how you drive. Or even go for PSS’s seeing as you’re running 19’s

I am happy with the Pzeros,if by chance l bought a new car and it came from the factory with Michelin tyres on it...they would be instantly replaced before any mileage was put on them .....Michelin and Mercedes cars l dislike a lot lol

So proud of this clean, I had to join the forum as im sure there are other like me
just seeking appreciation from others than family members saying " nice and shiny"

Scuba Blue Scrubs up very nicely when ceramic coated, No filters needed
View attachment 200857View attachment 200858
Ha ha ! Looks lovely mate - god job. Don't see many Scuba Blue ones.

Reactions: SCC9
I thought you had got yourself a cordless DAS ? Is it not so good? (I'm saving the dosh from my commute that ain't happening!)
You can't get a cordless das6 mate,only the flex cordless and they are £500 with 2 batteries and charger ....not worth it,l have mains powered flex machines

You can't get a cordless das6 mate,only the flex cordless and they are £500 with 2 batteries and charger ....not worth it,l have mains powered flex machines
Yep - looking good. Gonna take the plunge with my birthday money & commuting savings :thumbs up:

Yep - looking good. Gonna take the plunge with my birthday money & commuting savings :thumbs up:
If your going Flex cordless phone imran from i2detailing and ask him for a discounted price, that's what l did when l bought my 7-15-150 off him

If your going Flex cordless phone imran from i2detailing and ask him for a discounted price, that's what l did when l bought my 7-15-150 off him
Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m going to go same as you - Flex corded.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’m going to go same as you - Flex corded.
Clean your car ie CYC/in2detailing are the cheapest around for the xfe 7-15-150= £329...l paid £300 from imran

Reactions: NevMan and OCDaveS4
Right then, the plan was to give just a normal clean as it is a BMW but once you start it gets really difficult to stop until everything is done properly.

First off was the leather seats, which I don't think were ever cleaned since it was purchased back in Sep 07. I finished Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Cleaner that I had and after almost 3.5-4 hours the end results were worth it.

Before (passenger seat)

9142997E F4EE 4625 8558 6FA863A41D94

After
8599CEFE 3397 48FD 9556 96F486609563

The muck picked from one of the seats:

A07725AD A9ED 4280 B8A9 A98F7B39B56A

Washed the carpets and mats with Sonax upholstery cleaner
2D95338C 7529 48D5 BD0C 029A977AB35F

And the complementary stripes ‍

77F7DC51 C6DE 4EF4 9931 938D5A09788C

7AFCC750 4DC3 47EF 841B E24CFEBBC396

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06, Bristle Hound and 4 others
Right then, the plan was to give just a normal clean as it is a BMW but once you start it gets really difficult to stop until everything is done properly.

First off, was the leather seats, which I don't think we're ever cleaned since it was purchased back in Sep 07. I finished Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Cleaner that I had and after almost 3.5 hours the end results were worth it.

Before

View attachment 201133
After
View attachment 201134

The muck picked from one of the seats:

View attachment 201135

Washed the carpets and mats with Sonax upholstery cleaner
View attachment 201136

And the complementary stripes ‍♂️♂️

View attachment 201137

View attachment 201139
Did you or did you not get a ruler out for the stripes?

Reactions: OCDaveS4