What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Leather cleaned and treated with the following....quality products. Just had enough of the colourlock so need to order some

f1bd9d66a285a745ffc914eeaa6308e6.jpg

1dceaef931ae2bf891e42efa58d963f6.jpg

3fdd2b96b6231040c127f5b972bcb3b1.jpg

0efb14422dcae513c51d7f3c0ccb49d0.jpg

Now onto step sons corsa

Reactions: A4A4, V6_Man, cuke2u and 1 other person
Looking good Nev

Got to be honest , was s hairy moment dismantling the bayonet , just hope I get the desired results now . If only SWIMBO would hurry up and bring the car home ........

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Looking good Nev

Got to be honest , was s hairy moment dismantling the bayonet , just hope I get the desired results now . If only SWIMBO would hurry up and bring the car home ........

Thanks mate. I know what you mean, you think ...cr@p, am I gonna break this thing

Reactions: Scotty75
Well it was definitely worth stripping down the foam lance and fitting the new 1.1mm orifice screw. Huge improvement in foam thickness. That Megs Ultimate Snowfoam is though expensive, very good. Made for a very easy clean of the A3.

Washed with TAC Systems Shampoo. Took a different approach from here, usually I'd towel dry and then add wax or QD. Instead I sprayed a panel at a time with Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer. Wiped the panel with a plush pile MF turning regularly and also wringing out. Followed up with bugging with a clean dry plush MF. Have to say , quite impressed with the finish. Could of waxed with R222 but polishing next weekend so thought b better of it.
ee02d0b892d58ad22204f4f0ad3d4ae4.jpg
706b14094bfacb0685c4fdf426214f2c.jpg

Reactions: A4A4, Pook, THQuattro and 3 others
Leather cleaned and treated with the following....quality products. Just had enough of the colourlock so need to order some

f1bd9d66a285a745ffc914eeaa6308e6.jpg

1dceaef931ae2bf891e42efa58d963f6.jpg

3fdd2b96b6231040c127f5b972bcb3b1.jpg

0efb14422dcae513c51d7f3c0ccb49d0.jpg

Now onto step sons corsa

Love the leather look Nev, cracking job as always

Well it was definitely worth stripping down the foam lance and fitting the new 1.1mm orifice screw. Huge improvement in foam thickness. That Megs Ultimate Snowfoam is though expensive, very good. Made for a very easy clean of the A3.

Washed with TAC Systems Shampoo. Took a different approach from here, usually I'd towel dry and then add wax or QD. Instead I sprayed a panel at a time with Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer. Wiped the panel with a plush pile MF turning regularly and also wringing out. Followed up with bugging with a clean dry plush MF. Have to say , quite impressed with the finish. Could of waxed with R222 but polishing next weekend so thought b better of it.
ee02d0b892d58ad22204f4f0ad3d4ae4.jpg
706b14094bfacb0685c4fdf426214f2c.jpg

A3 is looking stunning Scotty. I might as well try the foam Lance and see if it brings any improvement to mine. Cheers for the tips and loving the A3

Gave it a good wash with dodo juice lime prime!
Nearly run out but have used it for a few years so loathed too change unless any one has any recommendations

Then a coat of nattys blue

Attachments

• D37D1A94-55EC-4BD9-BDCD-01D91DDA87D6.jpeg
    D37D1A94-55EC-4BD9-BDCD-01D91DDA87D6.jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 38D5814A-80F2-4545-A6DC-38936FD5947C.jpeg
    38D5814A-80F2-4545-A6DC-38936FD5947C.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: V6_Man, THQuattro and Scotty75
And a well earned Heineken which I'm having right now too Car is looking fab mate

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan
Love the leather look Nev, cracking job as always

A3 is looking stunning Scotty. I might as well try the foam Lance and see if it brings any improvement to mine. Cheers for the tips and loving the A3
Seriously Tash , that 1.1mm orifice screw is well worth the fiver I spent on it . Much , much better foam. Thanks for the comments on the A3 mate appreciate it

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Snow foam
Wash with meguires gold class shampoo
Rinsed with 0ppm filter
Dried
Wiped with sonax
Dressed tyres with autoglym high performance tyre gel ( went for the new tyre look. Don’t really like glossy )

92A412D4 E83E 44CE 9C11 398190E7DE38
36F2322E CCD7 4F0C AAEB FD48E423AB34

Last edited:
Reactions: A4A4, Pook, V6_Man and 2 others
Took out the scratches l noticed last week on the small painted part of the roof as most of the roof is taken up with pano roof
5fd443563de815082d3f780e722d5043.jpg
6c997154e22ed00a52ba772942d675cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959, A4A4, DW81 and 3 others
Took out the scratches l noticed last week on the small painted part of the roof as most of the roof is taken up with pano roof
5fd443563de815082d3f780e722d5043.jpg
6c997154e22ed00a52ba772942d675cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Top class mate , mirror finish Menzerna ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Seriously Tash , that 1.1mm orifice screw is well worth the fiver I spent on it . Much , much better foam. Thanks for the comments on the A3 mate appreciate it

What is this orifice screw you are talking about scotty?

Top class mate , mirror finish Menzerna ?

Nah mate Menzerna 3500 didnt have enough cut to remove the scratches on the roof...just used perfect finish and the new Gyeon eccentric pads l bought a few weeks ago rather good they are,as they dissipate heat build up better especially in this warm weather atm...as they have a circular hole cut out in the middle...

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
What is this orifice screw you are talking about scotty?
Evening Nev. Behind the adjuster dial in a snowfoam lance in the brass section that the bayonet screws onto you will find a steel or brass grub screw inside. This screw has an aperture in the middle . Generally it's 1.25mm. This aperture is actually designed for petrol engine pressure washers . Electric pressure washers don't run the same way so realistically need the smaller aperture to get the same effect.

You can swap this grub screw thingy out for one with a 1.1mm aperture which basically restricts the flow and their creating higher pressure. In turn , thicker foam.

It did take a bit of messing around with the adjuster dial when I started foaming though. Because of the reduced aperture , if you don't allow enough flow through the Lance via the adjuster dial it creates back pressure on the pressure washer. Mine stopped working a couple of times until I figure out what was happening. Once dialed in correctly ....... Booom ! Excellent results Funny thing is I bought the orifice insert a year ago but didn't think I could fit the thing. Wish I'd persevered as the foam thickness was insane . So much better . My earlier photo doesn't do it justice.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/293013064828

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbob76, Adam14, NevMan and 1 other person
Nah mate Menzerna 3500 didnt have enough cut to remove the scratches on the roof...just used perfect finish and the new Gyeon eccentric pads l bought a few weeks ago rather good they are,as they dissipate heat build up better especially in this warm weather atm...as they have a circular hole cut out in the middle...
Better than CG Quantum ? Either way mate that's a top class finish . Serious gloss and depth. Kind of makes the argument against ceramic coating. Rewarding feeling getting results like that

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Better than CG Quantum ? Either way mate that's a top class finish . Serious gloss and depth. Kind of makes the argument against ceramic coating. Rewarding feeling getting results like that

Definitely! Amazing results, and best option (not to coat) if you wanna polish loads

And I get called a Gyeon fan boy

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Definitely! Amazing results, and best option (not to coat) if you wanna polish loads

Come on you dont need to polish a lot to get great results,Fireball fusion wax leaves a stunning finish after its been left to cure for a hour or so....its a show wax after all..

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Used California Gold Paste Wax this morning.

IMG 20190715 1219302

Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75
Come on you dont need to polish a lot to get great results,Fireball fusion wax leaves a stunning finish after its been left to cure for a hour or so....its a show wax after all..

Wasn’t a criticism mate, more if you prefer to polish areas as you do then that is better, jeez, sensitive.

I know Ceramic is not the be all and end all, but for me I prefer it...for now. Maybe won’t recoat JCW and just try some waxes and polishes and see how I like it

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Scotty75
I think there is a lot to be said for ceramic coating especially when layered. I've deliberated over it fur weeks now . Was in the cusp of buying the Syncro Kit from James.

Trouble is having just bought a Das6 Pro Plus that I've only used once, I don't want to make it redundant for two years. Equally I'd love the benefit of ceramic, ergo the hydrophobucity, paint protection and gloss .

I hate wading money so at least four the near future I'm going to stick with polish and wax. Get some use out of the DA. Let's face it , hard work it may be but also rewarding when you look over your work with a smug grin and think yes......

Now to find some to dog wax

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and Jassyo06
Wasn’t a criticism mate, more if you prefer to polish areas as you do then that is better, jeez, sensitive.

I know Ceramic is not the be all and end all, but for me I prefer it...for now. Maybe won’t recoat JCW and just try some waxes and polishes and see how I like it
Not being sensitive mate...to be honest once a car has been polished gloss levels ain't going to increase a lot at all...whatever coating that's applied after polishing is only there to protect it...

I think there is a lot to be said for ceramic coating especially when layered. I've deliberated over it fur weeks now . Was in the cusp of buying the Syncro Kit from James.

Trouble is having just bought a Das6 Pro Plus that I've only used once, I don't want to make it redundant for two years. Equally I'd love the benefit of ceramic, ergo the hydrophobucity, paint protection and gloss .

I hate wading money so at least four the near future I'm going to stick with polish and wax. Get some use out of the DA. Let's face it , hard work it may be but also rewarding when you look over your work with a smug grin and think yes......

Now to find some to dog wax

That is fair enough, and like you I now have a DA, but am getting plenty use (father in laws‘ Mini, step sons corsa, JCW gloss black pillars (they weren’t coated for some bizarre reason). Outside of the other benefits of coating, for me the good protection I seem to get with it with bird droppings...we have A LOT of birds where I live, has been priceless.

Evening Nev. Behind the adjuster dial in a snowfoam lance in the brass section that the bayonet screws onto you will find a steel or brass grub screw inside. This screw has an aperture in the middle . Generally it's 1.25mm. This aperture is actually designed for petrol engine pressure washers . Electric pressure washers don't run the same way so realistically need the smaller aperture to get the same effect.

You can swap this grub screw thingy out for one with a 1.1mm aperture which basically restricts the flow and their creating higher pressure. In turn , thicker foam.

It did take a bit of messing around with the adjuster dial when I started foaming though. Because of the reduced aperture , if you don't allow enough flow through the Lance via the adjuster dial it creates back pressure on the pressure washer. Mine stopped working a couple of times until I figure out what was happening. Once dialed in correctly ....... Booom ! Excellent results Funny thing is I bought the orifice insert a year ago but didn't think I could fit the thing. Wish I'd persevered as the foam thickness was insane . So much better . My earlier photo doesn't do it justice.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/293013064828

Nice one @Scotty75 - I do like a nice little pressure washer mod. Might have to look into this - cheers for sharing the link. :thumbs up:

@X3man - how are you finding the in2detailing short trigger gun pal? Think you lucked out and got the new improved version with the Karcher quick connect - mine has a spring clip connection. That’s another PW mod I’m gonna have to look at. Reckon it’s do-able to retro-fit one of these.

Word to the wise mate - when connecting one of the little fan nozzles to the gun, make ruddy sure it has properly connected - and test by firing the gun away from the car - blew mine straight onto the pano roof the other day as it hadn’t connected properly. No damage thankfully as it bounced straight off the sunroof glass. User error (doughnut moment) and nowt wrong wit’ gun. But breathed a sigh of relief I didn’t start on the bonnet :grimacing:

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75, V6_Man and 1 other person
Word to the wise mate - when connecting one of the little fan nozzles to the gun, make ruddy sure it has properly connected - and test by firing the gun away from the car - blew mine straight onto the pano roof the other day as it hadn’t connected properly. No damage thankfully as it bounced straight off the sunroof glass. User error (doughnut moment) and nowt wrong wit’ gun. But breathed a sigh of relief I didn’t start on the bonnet :grimacing:

Oops! Glad there was no damage @Jimbob76 and great piece of advice/tip for others

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75 and Jimbob76
@jimbo76........... Mate ...... I had a palpitation just reading that . Close call indeed

Reactions: Jimbob76
Nice one @Scotty75 - I do like a nice little pressure washer mod. Might have to look into this - cheers for sharing the link. :thumbs up:

@X3man - how are you finding the in2detailing short trigger gun pal? Think you lucked out and got the new improved version with the Karcher quick connect - mine has a spring clip connection. That’s another PW mod I’m gonna have to look at. Reckon it’s do-able to retro-fit one of these.

@Jimbob76, I had been looking around at other options and had read about the spring clips coming off if gun is dropped. Others were saying a updated version was coming (they must all get from the same place), then spike to Imran and he had just got them in

Funny enough when I spoke to him I asked about the connection of the heads, as could invisage a massive hole in the car...probably exaggerating, but I have used a coupe times now and still fire away from car to start with.

I too shuddered at your comment...phew!

1st thoughts are very good, great at getting in wheel arches as you had said and much less unwieldy than normal one. Like the swivel so hose doesn’t get all twisted up.

My snowfoam Lance doesn’t appear to have adapted very well to the change, as not foaming like it should, so think I shall be investing in the “Scotty mod”

But overall for £25 what a bargain, solid, light, gets everywhere and appears very very well made

Reactions: Scotty75, Adam14 and Jimbob76
@Jimbob76, I had been looking around at other options and had read about the spring clips coming off if gun is dropped. Others were saying a updated version was coming (they must all get from the same place), then spike to Imran and he had just got them in

Funny enough when I spoke to him I asked about the connection of the heads, as could invisage a massive hole in the car...probably exaggerating, but I have used a coupe times now and still fire away from car to start with.

1st thoughts are very good, great at getting in wheel arches as you had said and much less unwieldy than normal one. Like the swivel so hose doesn’t get all twisted up.

My snowfoam Lance doesn’t appear to have adapted very well to the change, as not foaming like it should, so think I shall be investing in the “Scotty mod”

But overall for £25 what a bargain, solid, light, gets everywhere and appears very very well made

I meant £35

Reactions: Jimbob76

Nice one - if you do go for the ‘Scotty Mod’ (love how that’s now the name - kudos Scotty :thumbs up:) would be grand if you could document and post the process with pics pal.

Original plan was to give S4 a wash today before dropping off for Service and Most bit decided against it by dropping it off today. So, decided to give A3 another wash.

Wash routine was pretty standard, used BH Alloy Wheel Cleaner on fronts and Surfex HD on rears, arches and tyres. Also bought tyre brush from Imran @in2detailing and we'll impressed with the quality.

Snowfoamed the car using BH and decided to use @THQuattro 's shampoo, which imo is one of the best shampoos I have used after Reset, Bathe and BH Auto Wash. And whilst the plan was to use either Hydro2 or Cure I once again changed my mind and decided to use the Ceramic wax from Toby @THQuattro and I must admit I am blown away by it.

It is really easy to apply, leaves the paint really slick and the depth and gloss is equally top class. It was my second time using it and i now know I didn't use it the right way first time round. I simply applied it to the whole car and buffed straight after. Off course we will find out in the morning the true depth and gloss levels the initial results are top top class. If anyone is looking for one, I'd highly recommend. Toby - tis a top wax mate. Pics FYI:

I applied a very thin layer all over but managed to take only one photo of the roof:

2bb0c19fecba148ca2944ada1b065273.jpg

The AFTER shots:

e7387915ff264db57945a90cfbdad1b9.jpg

1e23de7a62b241136430d39897493100.jpg

e24ab7b80778b4b80783909d461c0b9d.jpg

0aa9a30108ff38d060177141f9aefb90.jpg

4855c390bcb313d209de87706647f430.jpg

e1849a2da6259a8f97566fa2e6dd5d60.jpg

Reactions: A4A4, Pinky1959, THQuattro and 3 others
Stunning Tash. Top class work You know some of the cars on here must be some of the best kept Audi's I've seen .

Guy round the corner from me drives an 2018 A5 cabrio in black. Simply doesn't look after it at all . Always dirty, shameful

Last edited:
Reactions: A4A4, NevMan, V6_Man and 1 other person
Stunning Tash. Top class work You know some of the cars on here must be some of the best kept Audi's I've seen .

Guy round the corner from me drives an 2018 A5 cabrio in black. Simply doesn't look after it at all . Always dirty, shameful

Cheers Scotty. How we keep our 'things' and how well we look after them tells a lot about a person. And it is not in a bad sense it just shows you value what you've earned with you hard work. But not everyone sees it like this.

I wanted to apply Toby's QD after waxing the car but by the time I finished with wax and Interior it was 10pm so, couldn't apply the QD. Plus the wax needs to breath before we could apply anything on top. I am well impressed with the wax so, will be definitely applying the next time I wash the car.

Reactions: A4A4 and Scotty75
Don't really know much about Toby's wax . I'd it a ceramic infused spray wax or a paste ? Wet or dry application ?

Reactions: V6_Man and THQuattro
Don't really know much about Toby's wax . I'd it a ceramic infused spray wax or a paste ? Wet or dry application ?

Hi Scotty75
I hope you,re well
Its a soft wax to be applied when the car is dry.
Best regards

Toby

Reactions: Scotty75 and V6_Man
Original plan was to give S4 a wash today before dropping off for Service and Most bit decided against it by dropping it off today. So, decided to give A3 another wash.

Wash routine was pretty standard, used BH Alloy Wheel Cleaner on fronts and Surfex HD on rears, arches and tyres. Also bought tyre brush from Imran @in2detailing and we'll impressed with the quality.

Snowfoamed the car using BH and decided to use @THQuattro 's shampoo, which imo is one of the best shampoos I have used after Reset, Bathe and BH Auto Wash. And whilst the plan was to use either Hydro2 or Cure I once again changed my mind and decided to use the Ceramic wax from Toby @THQuattro and I must admit I am blown away by it.

It is really easy to apply, leaves the paint really slick and the depth and gloss is equally top class. It was my second time using it and i now know I didn't use it the right way first time round. I simply applied it to the whole car and buffed straight after. Off course we will find out in the morning the true depth and gloss levels the initial results are top top class. If anyone is looking for one, I'd highly recommend. Toby - tis a top wax mate. Pics FYI:

I applied a very thin layer all over but managed to take only one photo of the roof:

The AFTER shots:

Hi Tash
Car looks great mate worth all that effort.

Reactions: Scotty75 and V6_Man

Hi Scotty75
I hope you,re well
Its a soft wax to be applied when the car is dry.
Best regards

Toby

Thanks Toby. @Scotty75 as mentioned by Toby it is a paste wax and should be applied to a dry car.

Reactions: THQuattro and Scotty75

The AFTER shots:

cracking work and results mate, stunning shine and reflections there :icon thumright::rockwoot:

Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75