What are my chances..?

Jamiehancock

Reaction score
Hi everyone! First of all thanks for keeping going, I have a long wait (build week 15) for my first Audi and this site is just about keeping me going.

My question is, I think the only thing missing from my spec is the interior light package. Having stretched my budget way beyond what I intended and thoroughly pis*ed off my Mrs by changing my mind at least 3 times on the spec, do you think it would be out of the question to ask my sales guy to see if he could "do something" for me. What I'm hinting towards is asking him to add it for free.

I know this may be a long shot and I would feel cheeky as hell but It's nagging me a little and I'm not sure what to do about it.

Jamie.

You can always try it, that's if the spec is not fixed.
But as you already agreed a deal there's not a lot to encourage him to do it for free.

I would ditch hill hold assist and front parking sensors, and get the ILP instead.

Hmm, £300 depends on how much discount you already have pushed for. And if It's ordered already I'd say your chances are very slim.
It's £170 extra, but yes, I get your point. I've had an 5% discount from Audi.

If you've only got a 5% discount then definitely ask.

I got 8% and had reversing camera on my original spec, asked them to take it off and put SD nav on and said they could cover the difference and they agreed. I think that was £190 extra discount.

Well, I just spoke with the sales guy and I don’t think there was any intention to throw it in.

What's your views on taking off the hill hold assist and adding the interior light pack?

Personally I would go for the interior light pack. I have the Hold Assist but leave it switched all all the time. Mine is an s-tronic and I much prefer the way it behaves without the Hold Assist.

Reactions: veeeight
Well maybe not those 2 vs but certainly reviewing both options
Agreed. Perhaps I'm being too specific, but, I was just interested what peoples opinion was if they faced the same issue. I realise it's down to what I think is best in the end.

I have both and would say ILP over hill hold assist.

HHA is a pain if you forget to turn it off before parking, the only benefit it gives it that it holds the brakes on. So when stop start is activated and you are stopped at lights you can take your feet off of all foot controls and the car will sit there indefinitely until you tap the accellerator then the car will start and pull off. Wereas without you keep you foot on the brake and when you want to pull off you take your foot off and move it within 2 seconds to the accellerator.

Or just flick EPB on at the lights ;)

Reactions: Trevolly and h5djr
I'm not super keen on the 10 spoke wheels so would probably sacrifice those and have ILP and HHA.

Or cancel the order and find a dealer that'll give you at least 8% discount.

Think I'd be cancelling it go on car wow and get it far cheaper anyway Coventry Audi were offering 10% discount which if you did the same would more than cover the light pack

Think I'd be cancelling it go on car wow and get it far cheaper anyway Coventry Audi were offering 10% discount which if you did the same would more than cover the light pack
I've paid a deposit so it wouldn't be worth it now. Things to note for next time!

Drop the Techpack ....then you will have loads of "Spare cash" to play with .....

Deposits are refundable, in the main. The dealer would have to prove specific expense had been incurred on your order, for them to withhold your deposit.

So a search for "deposit" on this forum, there have been a few who have been refunded.

Seriously I'd get a refund and go elsewhere

I ordered from Dundee Audi and got 0% discount lol. I asked the sales guy to throw in SD sat nav and he never replied.

I did get a plastic keyring on collection day though

Reactions: ice_cube99 and Madmo
I am considering it. I must say I think I got the percentages wrong, it was was more like 7% and the sales guy was great. Very good service all round. For me that's as important as anything. I felt important and compared to the BMW sales girl he was outstanding.

Reactions: Psyman79
I had HHA on my Manual Q3 S-Line plus and TBH it's a pain in the ***. I would drop HHA and go for the ILP myself but that's my opinion

Reactions: David83S3
Hill hold assist is awful with s tronic, you'll end up getting sick of turning it off. Ask to swap for free and say you'll give them an outstanding dealer review in the telephone review from Audi uk after collection. That'll work.

Reactions: veeeight
@Jamiehancock - Check the price you paid with some car brokers my friend

Carwow, carfile, drivethedeal and orangwheels spring to mind

After doing the rounds with these it may change your mind about retrieving your deposit and starting again me thinks

Oh & I have spec'ed ILP & HHA. Go with what you think suits your needs Jamie :thumbs up:

@Jamiehancock - Check the price you paid with some car brokers my friend

Carwow, carfile, drivethedeal and orangwheels spring to mind

After doing the rounds with these it may change your mind about retrieving your deposit and starting again me thinks

Oh & I have spec'ed ILP & HHA. Go with what you think suits your needs Jamie :thumbs up:
Well I've done it. I've swapped the HHA for ILP. Job done. I have had tremendous service once again from Cardiff Audi. Thanks for all the recommendation but I he discount I have been quoted, even though it is a little more than I have been offered does not of set my experience with the dealer.

Thanks for all your help guys. This site is awesome!

J.

Reactions: Psyman79
Nice one. This proves that it is always worth asking the question. I am a firm believer of the saying "If you don't ask, you don't get!"

Glad you've got the outcome you were looking for :) always helps to have a good relationship with your dealer too.