Wagner intercooler quick review

Smirky

Reaction score
So got my car back from amd today after having some serious issues with it, service and work superb as always ,
I'm only running stage 2+ but had a little bit spare cash so thought with the warmer months (hopefully) fast approaching I'd put a new cooler on after loosing notacable power both on the dyno and on the road ,
The build quality of the cooler is superb and it came with new hoses clamps etc while not needed always nice to put new parts on a new goodies ,
Wagner were also able to show proof of the coolers performance including pressure drop data ,
On the dyno I lost 0 power second run actually went up from 364.3 to 364.4 I did loose 11ft lb of torque from 371.5 to 360.3
This is a huge improvement from before where I was loosing up to 25hp and 30ft lb ,obviously I can't comment on Summer performance yet but the signs are good
My car is the prefacelift so has the better intercooler apparently so how the facelift copes is up for debate ,
And obviously all cars are different so some may perform better some worse some may stay the same
So the intercooler cost me 655 plus fitting air con regas, comparing it to the airtec stage 2 it was a no brainer
So for the money it was a good all round upgrade

Reactions: leshkin, Hookmonster and S3Alex
The Wagner IC's are quality pieces of kit. They have proven performance but are on the more expensive side . But then quality never usually comes cheap.

Reactions: Smirky
The Wagner IC's are quality pieces of kit. They have proven performance but are on the more expensive side . But then quality never usually comes cheap.
I went for middle of the pack so to speak more expensive than airtech but cheaper than pro alloy and apr
Really pleased with it gave it a right beasting on the way home

Reactions: S3Alex
How long did the job take ?? That could be a lot of labour.. :(