Vandalised, repair or replace?

Jlambert

Reaction score
Sadly at the moment I don't have a driveway, so my car has to live on the road.

On Friday some little scrotes decided that all the cars where my car was parked would be much better without a wing mirror.
4 cars in total with my car bearing the brunt of it.

I could have been much worse but still leaves me fuming.

The mirror was folded at the time, but basically destroyed the cap, and the outer plastic underside.
I would just replace it with a second hand one, but they're auto dimming, folding and heated!

Is there a way to just swap the plastic base?

That and I love my brushed aluminum caps.

I might be able to glue the base, but the cover is ruined, don't suppose anyone knows of a genuine passenger brushed aluminum cover for sale?

Joe

eBay if not there's a guy on here who can get dealer parts at good prices... Something like mrj10 or similar

You need to replace that. Have a look on eBay.

MIRROR

I'll be able to souce the parts needed - however the alu trim is massive money - you'll be better off buying a primed version for both sides and spraying them metailic silver to match.

Or dare i say it....'the bay' for a lovely chinese example.

Much appreciated, I suspected the genuine ones would be damn pricy! I'll keep an eye out for some second hand ones I think. Even the fakes on ebay are £100.

Out of interest can you buy no.2 on that diagram, the black undercover separately?

Thanks Joe

Much appreciated, I suspected the genuine ones would be damn pricy! I'll keep an eye out for some second hand ones I think. Even the fakes on ebay are £100.

Out of interest can you buy no.2 on that diagram, the black undercover separately?

Thanks Joe

Yup - I didn't actually check if it was avail at factory but can do tomorrow - i may need a nudge - my days a extremely busy these days! :)

Exactly why I would never not have a driveway, little f@ckwits.