VAGCOM coding RNS E

Correction, that should be - 0209715 as you don't have a CD changer/ipod

Have u any idea what mine will be mate. It's an s3 8p with cruise. BT. And Bose. No mfsw tho. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys
I just want to set up AUX option
But when I enter in coding I just have 6 numbers (205700)

SW 0650
HW H77
Coding 205700

which number to change
tnx

It should start with a '0'. Something like 0205751.

You need to change the 2nd to last digit, adding 4.

0 2- Brand/Model - (2) Audi A3
0 - Diagnostics/Parking Aid
5 - Sound Characteristics - (5) Audi A3
7 - Phone Prep (7) - assuming you have phone! If no phone this it's 1 I think.
5 - Equipment - 1 + the options, AUX = 4
1 - EquipmentII - 1 is the standard value, add the amount if you have the options.

From your code above, you last digit is set to 0. I think it should be 1 as thats the standard value.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will be along shortly to confirm!

Take a photo before you make any changes so you know what to revert back to.

IMG 1872

It should start with a '0'. Something like 0205751.

You need to change the 2nd to last digit, adding 4.

0 2- Brand/Model - (2) Audi A3
0 - Diagnostics/Parking Aid
5 - Sound Characteristics - (5) Audi A3
7 - Phone Prep (7) - assuming you have phone! If no phone this it's 1 I think.
5 - Equipment - 1 + the options, AUX = 4
1 - EquipmentII - 1 is the standard value, add the amount if you have the options.

From your code above, you last digit is set to 0. I think it should be 1 as thats the standard value.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will be along shortly to confirm!

Take a photo before you make any changes so you know what to revert back to.

View attachment 143985

tnx man for replay and photo, I'll try this tomorow

Hi all

Sorry to hijack but ive had a new issue crop up on me RNS-E fited to my 2010 S3 8P and hoping someone may be able to help?

Unit was retro-fitted by previous owner and has been fine for the last year but over the last month every time i start the car up the trip computer in the speedo switches to the 'compass' showing which direction I am travelling in and on what road. Even though I havent got sat-nav selected or a route entered. Could coding be the issue with this?

My spec
  • Standard sound system with sub
  • MFSW
  • Bluetooth
  • No cruise

Anybody able to confirm the correct coding please? Would be a great help.

Hi all

Sorry to hijack but ive had a new issue crop up on me RNS-E fited to my 2010 S3 8P and hoping someone may be able to help?

Unit was retro-fitted by previous owner and has been fine for the last year but over the last month every time i start the car up the trip computer in the speedo switches to the 'compass' showing which direction I am travelling in and on what road. Even though I havent got sat-nav selected or a route entered. Could coding be the issue with this?

My spec
  • MFSW
  • Bluetooth
  • No cruise

I would think your coding should be 0219755

However, go here and put the numbers together yourself (look under coding) http://www.lightnings.dk/rnse_en.html

Hi all

My spec
  • MFSW
  • Bluetooth
  • No cruise

Try a hard reset ( Radio button + setup button at same time ) hold until screen goes off and then let it come back on .
Other than that if you go you tube look for the engineering extra in Rnse it will give you your code if you look through the menu's . Then you can compare to the link given by poster above

Hello guys
I just want to set up AUX option
But when I enter in coding I just have 6 numbers (205700)

SW 0650
HW H77
Coding 205700

which number to change
tnx
Lets know what you have ie S3 8p mfsw cruise control and sound system .you can try this as i am assuming you have what i have so it would read ( 0209755 ) then hard reset your Rnse ( hold radio button + setup button together until it goes blank and restarts itself then go to source and you ahould see Aux in there