Tyres

Ian_C

Dorsprung Turch Vechnique
Reaction score
I love my car a lot, but i'm not so OTT that i'll shell out a whack on a new set of black circles.

I'm looking to replace my set with a fairly cheap tyre (but not budget rubbish clearly) and have narrowed down to the Kumho 712 Ecsta.

Bizzarly though i've seen this tyre for £80 per tyre, to £105 for a pair.......

Anyone got a set of these?

kumho-ecsta-supra.JPG

Have a look on http://ssl.delti.com/mytires/start.html

Here is one that is a bit cheaper and a newer type
a_st_2.gif
Kumho ***
Tyre producer from Korea,especially high profile tyres
Kumho.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]ECSTA SPT KU31 225/40 R18 92Y XL BSW
ECSTASPTKU31.jpg

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
  • So.gif
    Summer tyres
  • Test results
    • TyreTest.com (english)
    • Auto Bild (german)
    • auto motor und sport (german)
  • Speed Index Y: These tyres are approved for speeds of up to up to 186 mph/300 km/h !
  • Please note: We only supply the tyre. Even if a rim is shown in the photo, it is not included in the price.
    [*]Search for fitting station
[/FONT]A unidirectional UHP tyre that provides new tyre performance in wet and dry even after the tyre is more than half worn.
It delivers world class technology by combining grip, handling, comfort, exceptional wear and eye appealing characteristics. * High dispersion silica expands compound performance envelope for superior wet grip and better treadwear. * Race proven carcass design with jointless cap plies, wide steel belts, ESCOT carcass profile and high durometer apex delivers razor sharp response and extreme grip without compromising ride quality. * Three-dimensional lateral grooves optimize water evacuation in footprint. * Triple tread radius optimizes footprint shape for even pressure distribution. * Shoulder blocks tilted into direction of travel to improve grip and reduce worn noise. * Rim Protector in the lower sidewall safeguards wheel against scratches and abrasions.
Our price only £ 65.50
Postage and packaging are included in the price!
Prices include postage, packing and VAT within mainland UK.
You'll find the prices i.e. the online shops for other countries here.

***Please note: these tyres are subject to a somewhat longer delivery period.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]© 1999-2007 by [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Delticom[/FONT] R-116539 / [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]mytyres.co.uk[/FONT] web11
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Crikey, £65.50 is a flippin bargain!
Is there such a thing as a 'bad' tyre these days?
I'm not so sure.
Just 'differences'.
Not like 20 years ago, when a crap tyre really was shocking.

I'd go with Falkens over the other two. Had them on my previous car, and they were great. M3 drivers love them as well.

SnAzBaZ said:
I'd go with Falkens over the other two. Had them on my previous car, and they were great. M3 drivers love them as well.

Have to agree:icon_thumright: