turtle wax

evilbow

Reaction score
Website
www.bonusbanter.com
anyone used turtle wax ice as yet? seen it on tv advertised leaves no powery residue etc the polish i use always leaves powerey bits or white streaks etc, if anyone used this can they give comments etc on it, or maybe suggest an alternative for me to use on my car

Hi mate, I use Collinite 476S. Its great at repelling water and is very durable. I'd recommend it. I also use a carlack sealant on the car before applying the wax to protect the paintwork. It gives a great wet looking sheen too. Give it a go if you want good water beading results and a nice wet shine. :icon_thumright:

Although I can't comment on the turtle wax as I haven't used it.

The Ice wax is okay, but using the blue cloth seems to have a static effect, meaning that after a few days it has attracted alot of dirt. A bit gimmicky if you ask me.

Turtlewax is pants. go for a some decent polish and a tub of collinite as suggested. Lasts for ages and super good stuff.

T

evil, id personally log into detailingworld and check out polished bliss website, they are very good at identifying what will be the best for your colour.... sealant or wax, so whilst collinite is great stuff, it may not be the best for your colour car

anyone used turtle wax ice as yet? seen it on tv advertised leaves no powery residue etc the polish i use always leaves powerey bits or white streaks etc, if anyone used this can they give comments etc on it, or maybe suggest an alternative for me to use on my car

Is your paint metallic/pearlescent or a solid colour? I can't tell from your avatar, and the advice I'd like to offer depends on the answer! Let me know and I'll post up some thoughts for you... :icon_thumright:

Turtle wax is fine but compared to some good decent polish and wax its not near quality. I've used all meguiar's product if I clean and detail my car. It seem meguiar's compliment each other product.

Ive used Ice including the wash and detailer, and yes it goes on and off easy, with no dust and is ok for an 'ordinary' clean.Having spoken to my valeting mate, he raves about polished bliss, so listen to him.Ive got blackfire on my black pearl at the moment and it suits me.But I wont be polishing it....im too clumsy!!and i love it with no swirls etc

ive been told to never ever waste my time or money buying this ice stuff cos its crap. not actually used it tho. but wouldnt buy it - guy that told me works for a car mag that review products.