1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Trouble with the strife.

Bellasdad Jan 30, 2018

1. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Do not buy an SUV then !!

vamos and davc like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Bellasdad

Bellasdad Registered User

I'm thinking along the lines of a his and hers, crafty eh ?
    Either that or I'll just do as I'm blooming well told...

Sandra, RGBARGEE and davc like this.
  4. airbus319

airbus319 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

5. davc

davc Registered User

I am.

Life is all about compromises so the solution is get her an SUV:wink:

lol

Sandra likes this.
  6. davc

davc Registered User

7. DrMal

DrMal Registered User

Actually I thought your comment sounded like a line straight out of The Fast Show, specifically something uttered by Swiss Toni.

8. Joetidman

Joetidman Registered User

Yeah she got the stronic (her first) on my advice and now absolutely loves it. Amazing box, very smooth and after a couple of weeks she’d adapted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Was it the limited edition Performance model you drove because that has 367 bhp plus more torque the standard car has 340 bhp

10. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

I reckon the Fiat Quobo is a cracking little van sorry car if you need easy access for wife moving. You will have more to spend on a decent Audi then.

11. CROCOP

CROCOP Registered User

Some people love an SUV because they can be very confidence-inspiring on the road. Even the Q3, which is still small, has a commanding driving position and feels a bit like you're driving an agile tank.

X3man likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. S32B

S32B Registered User

Or hang fire for the SQ2 :) I think it looks great!

Easier to get into and it's still quick!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

James.B8, BarryG79 and DrEskimo like this.
  14. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Registered User

That's not bad actually....

I was looking at the Q3 but the fact it shares the A1 interior put me off big time. Never understood why it took it's interior from the A1, when the Q5 took it from the A5, and the Q7 from the A7....Now they have the Q2 taking it from the A3 and messed up the whole numbering system!

Good thing I'm not pathetic and get all OCD about these things....:help:

X3man and S32B like this.
  15. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

That will even more expensive
    Than a S3 Q3 the OP has a A3 atm and l am sure a SQ2 with hard suspension and large alloys isn't a contender for somebody with a bad back, SQ2 is out summertime

16. Bellasdad

Never really been a fan of the basic Q2, the rear end just doesn’t look right to me somehow, I think it’s the square shape of the light cluster. The interior is spot on though as @DrEskimo says why didn’t they use it in the Q3 instead of the A1 interior.
    My search is continuing but I’m in no particular rush, like I’ve already mentioned it’ll be hard to lose the A3.

Audi Bairn and jassyo06 like this.
  17. 4K

4K Registered User

Not sure mate. I was given it on loan when my S3 was booked in for some work. How do you tell?

18. s3marc

s3marc S3 Sportback , Mythos Black

Had a Q3 for 3 years prior to just getting an S3 and it was a lovely car 2.0 211 bhp - they don’t spec the engine to that level anymore and now living with the S3 the interior of the Q3 is showing its age. Btw drove a Q3RS performance and it was awesome imo. Noise was something to be admired and for such a large car launched like a beast and as for those dustbin lid sized front discs

jungle650 likes this.
  19. 4K

4K Registered User

RS3 > RSQ3.

20. marknjayne

marknjayne Registered User

my missis went from a Golf R mk7 to an RSQ3 facelift for very similar reasons,she absolutely loves it,we had an APR map put on it and it pulls fantastic,only weigh around one fully grown adult more than an RS3 so power to weight is not all that different,feels very very odd driving that high up and with your legs at an almost 90 degree rather than 45,also not confidence inspiring in corners due to the height,i may get a TVR or GTR or something as i couldnt see it being appealing on a track or blast around scotland,if straight line pace and good seating/entering/exiting for a bad back is what you are after its a great car,the Golf had a JB4 and ran 380hp and the RSQ3 puts out 425 from APR,in a line the Audi is a hell of a lot faster

21. wideboybloke

wideboybloke Registered User

I wear the trousers in our house. And I have my wife’s permission to say that.

X3man, Tom.H, davemk and 4 others like this.
  22. 4K

4K Registered User

Yep, that's exactly how I felt driving it. The confidence in the corners just wasn't there. Bit floaty, almost like a Volvo.

23. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

That's one of my complaints about SUVs. I really do not see the point of the SUV trend. They are slower, thirstier, handle like a *it on a trampoline, etc etc. If you need space buy a decent estate. Looked at Tiguan and Passat estate with daughter and son in law with 2 young kids. No comparison, Passat drove better, has more boot space and is far more economical.

4K likes this.
  24. AllanG

AllanG Q5 TFSI

Yeah, but the Tiguan looks soooo much better than a boring old Passat!!

25. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Noooo, it's an SUV, get a grip! Even the Porsche SUVs are pants IMHO.

4K likes this.
  26. wab172uk

wab172uk Now in an X3 M40i

While all your points are valid (apart from the trampoline bit) people like different cars for different reasons. Yes, they are slower, and generally thirstier due to their extra weight, put ....... They are easier to get in and out of, they are easier to load up (as the car is higher) and people prefer a higher driving position so they can see more of the road, or over hedges. Plus peoples lifestyles are different to yours, so a small, or large SUV type car fits their lifestyle.

I never gave a second thought (apart from my alloys) taking my Tiguan down small rugged tracks to go walking in the countryside. Tracks I'd not ever attempt in my S3. Then most SUV's AWD, so come winter or wet roads, traction is far superior to a front/rear driven estate car.

Any then again, some people like them as they are bigger, so they feel safer, and others see them as status symbols.

But again, it's choice. Some could argue that a 488GTB is pointless today, as it's impractical, thirsty, too low, too hard riding, you can't park it anyway, so why bother? But it's that persons choice to buy such a car.

And remember, the SUV's in this world, are enabling car companies to spend more cash on cars we (petrol heads) want (wish) to own.

marknjayne and Bellasdad like this.
  27. marknjayne

marknjayne Registered User

i dont find it wallowy or trampoline like haha,just the seat position and height that creates a lack of confidence in corners,it actually corners very well,i just dont feel confident if you know what i mean,my C6 RS6 was actually worse in the corners mainly due to the immense weight and understeer,the point of our SUV is the access to the driver and passenger seat for my wife,no other car has this,i dont care about economy or practicality,i care that my wife is happy with her car ;)

4K likes this.
  28. 4K

4K Registered User

Yes. I got chauffeured recently in a Passat Estate and thought it was very nice actually inside and out. Spacious and practical, and I'm sure the Skoda equivalent would be no different.

If I was to buy an estate, it would probably be a BMW 330 xDrive however. One of the best cars I've ever driven.

29. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

BMW have finally caught up with quattro but the styling and quality is nowhere near Audi or VW.

30. 4K

4K Registered User

I agree the interior is trash, but the driving position is better inside. That'll change next year. Everything is due a facelift, and they'll combo that with their FWD/xDrive rollout.

I think BMW headlights are on par with Audi's now. It's only Mercedes I don't like.

31. Bellasdad

Just a quick update on this post.
    Picked up this VW T-roc 1.5 EVO for my good lady today. She’s blown away with it and I must admit I’m rather impressed also. Even better news, I’ve managed to persuade her to let me keep the A3 as well. What a result!
    0B5AA4FB-F6EF-45C9-BE69-2A3494D5FA98.jpeg 9AFEC20F-0BF7-4F2A-9B70-A88DFF3BCF57.jpeg 8874F68C-17DA-48A6-AFB6-426B31167A7F.jpeg 26534EEE-CC90-4098-BA3E-FDDEED349918.jpeg

Jcbmally, Ozmosis, X3man and 10 others like this.
  32. Tom.H

Tom.H Registered User

I actually really like the look of the T-Roc, might be a future car for Mrs H.

Bellasdad and Sandra like this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. TYb

TYb Registered User

Bellasdad and Sandra like this.
  35. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

@Bellasdad glad the wife likes the new car and you get to keep the A3 :thumbs up:
    @Tom.H your wife will love it. Surprise Xmas present on the cards, :rulez: must spoil the wife lol. :) x

Jcbmally, X3man and Bellasdad like this.
  36. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

Car looks nice.
    Is that the vw version of the q2?
    If it is I have to say the vw looks better than the q2.

Jcbmally, TYb and Tom.H like this.
  37. Tom.H

Tom.H Registered User

Haha only bought her a car about a year ago so she’s not due one yet :grinning:

X3man likes this.
  38. Bellasdad

Yeah, it's based on the Q2 but I think it's better looking as well.
    The interior is really nice as well, the wife is over the moon with it.

Tom.H and AlS3BE like this.
  39. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Will let you off then Tom :)

Tom.H likes this.
  40. mxnrg

mxnrg Registered User

Did the advert with the tough little baby ram convince you to buy it ;)

To my eyes the T-Roc R-Line looks better than equivalent Q2/Arona.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

41. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Should have gone to Specsavers!! Not sure I would want a school run SUV. But as they go this and the Q2 are better than the usual Nissan Junk.. sorry is it Juke..

42. X3man

X3man Well known member

a year is like a lifetime i.r.t cars :whistle2:

Tom.H likes this.
  43. X3man

X3man Well known member

very nice mate, and agree with other posts, looks much better than Q2. Was catching up on this thread and was expecting it to end with new Q3, but then probably a bit pricey and not quite available yet. Given everyone on here loves SUV's, maybe you could "upgrade" to Q3 next...LOL

Sandra and Bellasdad like this.