Track Tyres

Westy

Reaction score
Guys I need help,

I'm trying to get hold of some track tyres for next weeks Ring trip. I have been looking at Toyo 888s and Yoko A048s in 225/45/17 but does anyone else have any other suggestions?

I was hoping to get some part worns for no more than £300 and I have my eye on some on ebay. Does anyone know where I might be able to get any?

lol i was waiting for this thread after you mentioned the yok's would bill not have any conections as he races on track.

best bet is to find some companys that do tunning and also racing sure they will have some tyres or know where to get them from neil

Bill told me to try and get in touch with some Clio cup teams as they have the same size wheels. I'm running out of time so eBay might be my best bet. I've found 2 and my mate has another 2 so I might have to go that route.

hmm me bro's work dont use tyres which may fit your wheels just tried them. im thinking ebay like you said neil are these vital for the ring or you just want them?

what about amd dont they have a track car its a long shot also prawn he not got any people he knows

stab in the dark some of the skyline and evo boys used 225 40 18 on track.

hmm me bro's work dont use tyres which may fit your wheels just tried them. im thinking ebay like you said neil are these vital for the ring or you just want them?

what about amd dont they have a track car its a long shot also prawn he not got any people he knows

These are just for the ring and maybe other track days when I'm back. I dont really want to muller the 18" tyres on my S4s so I was going to fit my S3 17"s with track tyres. They should also turn in better due to no adapters and a lighter wheel.

Prawn did have a spare set of tyres but he's sold them to his mate.

stab in the dark some of the skyline and evo boys used 225 40 18 on track.

I'm after 225 or 235/45/17 for my S3 wheels.

try the federals if you can get some dude! Mine were £440 delivered for the full set!

Another avenue to look down could be MaxSport RB5's, only about £380 for a full set. Google it.

Aside from that, part worn R888's from ebay is your only real option.

225/45/17 Federal 595RS-R Track Day Tyre 225 45 17 R888 | eBay

I was hoping to keep the price down.

Think my best route is to get 2 more Yoko Advans as Paul said I can have his 2 for free ;)

Dude, I have a guy at work that takes his Evo out on plenty of track days, he has used the R888s but as the car is quite heavy they didnt last long, but he has a set of the Yokos on it now and said that they are pretty good.

He is a member on the Lancer Register and the guy that owns that site can get tyres at a good price, but they are brand new, so will be more around the £400 mark.

You can check on there if you like, otherwise I can ask on Friday for you (im off tomorrow)

Also im sure there is a guy on E38 at the mo that has some Dunlop slicks, im sure they are 225/45/17s if they are of any use.