Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Indeed...I've done my best with the saloon and I can get it to somewhere near my original spec (not speaking German it's not 100%)...so 2 free colours Yellow at 340e...the long awaited cosmic blue (me that is)..looks nothing on the configurator...but to be fair non of the colours look particularly appetizing....struggled to get the rims I wanted ....hopefully easier on 'ours'...so far I should have stuck with my PFL order!

You really need to see as many colours as you can in the flesh (appreciate one or two may not be available yet) even if it's on a different model. Most of them look complete w4nk on the configurator.

Reactions: pburv
You really need to see as many colours as you can in the flesh (appreciate one or two may not be available yet) even if it's on a different model. Most of them look complete w4nk on the configurator.

Indeed...Germany's Daytona on the config looks nothing like mine.........I'm more or less sold on Floret - as I have seen and stroked it(!)...i was holding out a little for the Cosmic which I have only seen a video of ...but I wouldn't imagine I will ever see that in the flesh before ordering and I wont be taking the risk as things stand.....our config is better and Audi have an even better one on a 58" screen...I will take a look again but Floret is the one for me.....their config hasn't mentioned the change to the Pan Roof - although there isn't a pic either.....was still fun messing with the config...ours must be on the horizon.

Reactions: pburv, lou15p and Simon L
You aren't wrong about the colours they all look meh on the screen

And as for the bog standard alloys on the cheapest model...lordy they look like off a 10 year old Polo

i forgot to mention...it was easier when using 'translate this page'!!!!

I must agree that this German configurator needs to be taken with a very large pinch of salt, hoping the UK one is going to be drastically different! one thing i have noticed, will the black styling package be no more? Gutted if that's the case!

zie4zb.jpg
...lets go
Upload 2016 5 4 16 27 53
bananas

The more I'm seeing the yellow, the more I'm going off it...loved it at first not totally enamoured with any colour tbh
You could always get one and fire it off to New York..and use it as a Taxi....

Reactions: JohnM100, gamegenie, glospete and 4 others

PMSL ................seriously good gag that one mate!!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Ha. The yellow is a really good yellow but imo it needs to be on something really special to get away with it. I still wouldn't order it mind .... Even if was free In fact even if they paid me Who will be the first in this forum to order one ??? And then be banished from it

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
Ha. The yellow is a really good yellow but imo it needs to be on something really special to get away with it. I still wouldn't order it mind .... Even if was free In fact even if they paid me Who will be the first in this forum to order one ??? And then be banished from it

............it is a good yellow mate but now I've seen it as a NY cab it's kinda killing it for me!! lol

Just tried a dummy configuration on 1.4 TFSI COD Sport Sportback using german site - hopefully UK configurator will be different as noticed no MMI controller and no climate control on sport & higher trim levels - surely that is wrong even for german market?

Jassy, I think you've just singlehandedly killed 'look at me" yellow for the UK marketplace...

Reactions: JohnM100, gamegenie, David83S3 and 10 others
Jassy, I think you've just singlehandedly killed 'look at me" yellow for the UK marketplace...
View attachment 90102

..........dunno how long this took you but worth every second..................hilarious!! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, GSB and 1 other person
Sorry - flame the **** out of me but I love Vegas. Sportback, BSP and carbon mirrors - BOOM!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Sorry - flame the **** out of me but I love Vegas. Sportback, BSP and carbon mirrors - BOOM!

So did I mate but thanks to Jassy, GSB and Audi's facelift 'enhancements' it doesn't quite cut the 'mustard' like it used to!! lol

f335ebaf4fe044ee96f4fb1be2d7ae67.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68, GSB, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Couldn`t find Daytona on sportback, unless I missed something. Don`t like the choice of 18" alloys, better on saloon / convertible. Hope it changes for uk spec, still early days as no 2.0 ltr petrol on site either.

Hm
The more I'm seeing the yellow, the more I'm going off it...loved it at first not totally enamoured with any colour tbh
hmmm, Or could it be AA yellow? Just needs an orange light on the top!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Simon L and Jassyo06
Just tried a dummy configuration on 1.4 TFSI COD Sport Sportback using german site - hopefully UK configurator will be different as noticed no MMI controller and no climate control on sport & higher trim levels - surely that is wrong even for german market?
In Germany they tend to start with a very basic specification and add what the individual wants. In the UK much more is included as standard mainly to suit the company car buyers.

I known that is expensive. Maybe this will be standard in the RS3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So no price increase according to that report,l noticed last night the Technology Package including the virtual cockpit is around £2300 jeezus

If you get a less as standard in German specced cars then surely packs, such as the technology pack, will be cheaper in the UK.

Last edited:
Couldn`t find Daytona on sportback, unless I missed something. Don`t like the choice of 18" alloys, better on saloon / convertible. Hope it changes for uk spec, still early days as no 2.0 ltr petrol on site either.

Found Daytona on sport version + with current sline alloys. Like the look of Tango but Floret still good. Contacted Audi UK Customer Services this morning, they do not know when this month UK website will be updated with FL

I have to agree with everyone who is disappointed with the wheel choices in the German configurator. the PFL choice was much better. Really hope they will be different in the UK

If you get a less as standard in German specced cars then surely packs, such as the technology pack, will be cheaper in the UK.

Technology package/virtual cockpit is a optional extra across the full model range,no model will have any part of this standard it's Audi were talking about here,technology package £1800,virtual cockpit £500...it's back to the price it used to be...plus add the new binnacle

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
Found Daytona on sport version + with current sline alloys. Like the look of Tango but Floret still good. Contacted Audi UK Customer Services this morning, they do not know when this month UK website will be updated with FL

yeah...sure they don't ...rumour has it UK dealers are taking orders tomorrow!...rumour has it brochure is being released 9th May....rumours yes...but Audi CS MUST know when....... Daytona is still an exclusive S line colour in the UK....

Have seen Tango online and in the flesh....nice red...bit cherry looking ...metallic but not an obvious metallic....left me underwhelmed Floret left me wanting to see more of it.....and silver on paper isn't the most exciting colour but Floret has something special about it...but don't order it as i am...whenever I can.....tomorrow ...next week...this month....

Reactions: Rob2k68
I have to agree with everyone who is disappointed with the wheel choices in the German configurator. the PFL choice was much better. Really hope they will be different in the UK

(nodding)...those rims just don't look like they would fit within the UK market so i would wager our choice will be different...of the 18s the standard S LINE wheels still look the best IMO..
IMAG0043 1

.followed by a very close second
LR65YXE5.jpg

Both of these are available to the German market....some of the others look hideous (IMO)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Max-Robbo
Technology package/virtual cockpit is a optional extra across the full model range,no model will have any part of this standard it's Audi were talking about here,technology package £1800,virtual cockpit £500...it's back to the price it used to be...plus add the new binnacle
Well looking on the German site the Tech pack is €3k (£2.3k) and includes the following:

• Audi virtual cockpit
  • Audi smartphone interface
  • MMI Navigation plus
  • Multifunktions-Sportlederlenkrad im 3-Speichen-Design (Serie bei design/sport)

Considering the Smartphone interface and the regular Navigation (Tecknik and above) comes as standard across the range in the UK and the Wheel is standard in Sport and above, surely they can't charge the same in the UK in an S-Line specced car????

Individually on the German site the above costs

• Audi virtual cockpit - 460,00 EUR
  • Audi smartphone interface - 350,00 EUR
  • MMI Navigation plus - 2.490,00 EUR (Regular MMI costs €1,295)
  • Multifunktions-Sportlederlenkrad im 3-Speichen-Design - 115,00 EUR
The Tech pack on the FL was either £1100 or 1500 (or thereabouts for both versions) the Virtual cockpit above is £360. So at a guess I would say it will be around the £1.8k mark or possibly cheaper with Virtual Cockpit. Although this is complete speculation and I have no idea what I am talking about.

Reactions: Max-Robbo and moonlight
tumblr_mabowpRdND1qd0z3co1_500.png

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Max-Robbo
Youy need to look at the cost of those options for the A4 to get a fairer idea of the price, it'll be just under £2000. £1450 for the tech pack and £450 for the virtual cockpit making it £1900.
But who knows, they might price the A3 differently..

Reactions: Rob2k68
(nodding)...those rims just don't look like they would fit within the UK market so i would wager our choice will be different...of the 18s the standard S LINE wheels still look the best IMO..
View attachment 90120

.followed by a very close second
LR65YXE5.jpg

Both of these are available to the German market....some of the others look hideous (IMO)
The current S3 18s are a design classic, really suit the car. Second in my opinion are the 10-spokes - think the standard S-Line rims are horrid personally!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
The current S3 18s are a design classic, really suit the car. Second in my opinion are the 10-spokes - think the standard S-Line rims are horrid personally!

I don't like em....mate they really don't sepang with the BSP at all

Reactions: Simon L

I agree mate although the 10 spokes do make the wheels look smaller.......................as is often the case less is more.