Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

I went through the configurator last night to have a look. There are some options missing at the moment like the Virtual Cockpit along with a few others, but one thing that disappointed me was that you couldn't spec the driver assist pack and the matrix LED headlights at the same time, which is rather annoying. I'm not sure what the reason for that is.

I'll probably end up ordering next year, and go for the 184PS and MAYBE s-tronic, haven't made my mind up on that yet though.

Reactions: glospete
Good find..haven't come across those before..where did you find them?..interesting that the panny roof is different to the one I posted from Audi.de (showing as a sunroof)..be happy if it has remained seamless.

Red looks good on the saloon - no question....but Tango isn't metallic enough in my book .after analysing red to death my conclusion is that it's one of the best colours for showing the lines of the saloon.....on the move it's wonderful....but stationary ..it loses something ....i concluded it was just too red and with not enough tones to it.....red red and more red(red owners will disagree!)..a 'true' metallic red would be different.
Cosmos or Cosmic does look lighter on .de but i still think it will be too dark and the tones (if it has any....the video does show a green coming through but the lighting will be altered by Audi to show it at its absolute best) will only show in a good light - I couldn't risk ordering that colour without seeing it first...in reality it may just be a very dark blue.....Daytona is a tried and tested colour ...if you were certain about Daytona then stick with it....as i have said many a time I would order Daytona if I didn't already own it....I've gone for Floret on the FL (changed from Misano PFL!)

Audi Germany facebook had a video of various cars, those included. Yes the sunroof looks far better than the image you posted, maybe they changed it for the saloon?

I definitely see where you're coming from, I just don't know if Daytona is a little underwhelming for a brand new car... If the Cosmos / Cosmic blue looks as it did in the video floating around, then I'd have it, but there's always the risk it's dark and dull like the Scuba blue was.

The Navara / Ara blue looks MUCH darker in the configurator images than it does in the audi-mediacenter.com images... So there's always a chance they look lighter in person / real life pictures?

Ara Blue vs Cosmos Blue:
k0wputG.png

Audi Germany facebook had a video of various cars, those included. Yes the sunroof looks far better than the image you posted, maybe they changed it for the saloon?

I definitely see where you're coming from, I just don't know if Daytona is a little underwhelming for a brand new car... If the Cosmos / Cosmic blue looks as it did in the video floating around, then I'd have it, but there's always the risk it's dark and dull like the Scuba blue was.

The Navara / Ara blue looks MUCH darker in the configurator images than it does in the audi-mediacenter.com images... So there's always a chance they look lighter in person / real life pictures?

Ara Blue vs Cosmos Blue:
k0wputG.png
Cosmo blue looks nice

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I for one quite like the facelift styling. It will be my first Audi so I'm judging based on not knowing the older A3, I think the facelift improves on an already great looking vehicle.

Just can't decided whether to go for Tango Red, a colour I've seen on the new A4, Daytona Grey, the colour I was absolutely certain I was going to get before I could no longer order the A3 due to the facelift being revealed, and Cosmic Blue, a color nobody has ever really seen in person... But looks great in the video on the audi.de website, a lot brighter and pearlescent seeming than in the configurator images.

Excuse the poor quality images... And yes I know the Saloon is Ara / Navara blue.
View attachment 90948 View attachment 90950
I am also stuck between daytona and tango and the blue. Thing is this might be the very first time I buy the exact same model, obiviously though this is a facelift, however I have doubts about buying one the same colour that I already have. Need to see them in the flesh but I am already leaning towards the tango as, like the daytona, it really shows off the lines of the saloon...

Looks like a big update is coming, you can no longer download brochures for the A3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.

Reactions: pburv, Max-Robbo, G--Man and 1 other person
LOL, I ordered a brochure Tuesday and guess what arrived yesterday, the PFL one of course....

Reactions: Rob2k68 and moonlight

Ara Blue vs Cosmos Blue:
k0wputG.png

..Good job...

Will have to have another look on FB..couldn't find those last night...
Ok....Daytona....I understand that being grey may not appear to be a wowzee colour...but I remember picking up my new motor and was totally overwhelmed by it...it is beautiful and after 3 years of ownership i still think the same....it is a safe colour admittedly but that gives it longevity ...i wonder if say the Tango would wear thin after a while (not literally!)

Cosmoo.....yes it looks like a pearl on the video - although it is a metallic....ultimately it's still blue...how much of a nice blue we don't know...the config above presumably is Navarra blue as Ara i don't think is a standard colour (although we were lead to believe it was albeit in S3 form) Ara blue is miles away from this pic...Navarra blue is closer.....Cosmos blue looks black!...and if is dark it will still be dark in reality..after all how much lighter does black look in reality! lol...I cancelled my PFL due to a few reasons ...one of them was Cosmos ...I was hoping it was going to be COSMICCCC...sadly it isn't....I suspect it will be dark blue but with tones in the sunlight...which leads me to Scoooby Blue where are you....my colleague has this colour ....it spends most of its life looking dark..slightly subdued....when clean and in DIRECT sunlight it looks lovely..my betting Cosmos will be similar...

Don't get me wrong if I didn't have to order as soon as the order book is open i would be eager to see Tango and Cosmos before ordering (on the A3) ...if Tango was a strong metallic...i would be very tempted...but it aint....Jassy showed my the error of my ways by not giving Floret a chance....it may be silver but its silver with a trick up its sleeve.... 'I like it..a ...lot'

I am also stuck between daytona and tango and the blue. Thing is this might be the very first time I buy the exact same model, obiviously though this is a facelift, however I have doubts about buying one the same colour that I already have. Need to see them in the flesh but I am already leaning towards the tango as, like the daytona, it really shows off the lines of the saloon...

i feel your pain...I almost had to fight myself not to order Daytona again....but it would just basically be the same car! ...i still think Daytona is the best colour..but time to move on my friend...time to move on...have you seen tango in the flesh?...I have ...and although red does look amazing on the saloon..i'd miss the sparkle that other metallics have ( I ordered Misano and was on order for 4 months before the FL debacle ensued) so I have scrutinized and researched red til i was red in the face!)....I think what I did was I wanted something totally different to Daytona and red was it....but i was only fooling myself...

Reactions: Rob2k68
i feel your pain...I almost had to fight myself not to order Daytona again....but it would just basically be the same car! ...i still think Daytona is the best colour..but time to move on my friend...time to move on...have you seen tango in the flesh?...I have ...and although red does look amazing on the saloon..i'd miss the sparkle that other metallics have ( I ordered Misano and was on order for 4 months before the FL debacle ensued) so I have scrutinized and researched red til i was red in the face!)....I think what I did was I wanted something totally different to Daytona and red was it....but i was only fooling myself...

I'd have taken Misano all day but Tango looks a decent second, just a shame it's not pearlescent.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Just received..

'Hi ___

We've spoken to the data supplier who sends all the information on prices & specs to websites like ourselves, initial A3 prices have been released but the full spec levels, options pricing & finance quotes arent going to be available until late in the day on the 18th May, hopefully we will be able to quote fully then!

Best Regards

The Orangewheels Team'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may have been mentioned before so apologies if it has but the dealer just informed me that the face lift A3/S3 (and presuming RS3 also) goes into production on the 25th July officially but i'm guessing some will be built before that for pre-existing orders etc.

Hi, and many thanks for your reply, I've not seen tango red in the flesh yet I hope it doesn't look like Misano red as that was too orangy and looked more like a base colour for me. I know others might not agree so don't be offended, but your saying it doesn't sparkle at all even in the sun?

Hi, and many thanks for your reply, I've not seen tango red in the flesh yet I hope it doesn't look like Misano red as that was too orangy and looked more like a base colour for me. I know others might not agree so don't be offended, but your saying it doesn't sparkle at all even in the sun?

Misano was indeed orangey ..and red and light red and dark red...strange colour...a friend popped in last week who had a Missy A3 s line as a courtesy car and i witnessed the changes whilst the sun popped in and out...l

Back on to Tango.....I've seen a TT a few times at the local dealer (whilst deciding between brilliant and misano - few months back now)...and again recently in the sun when I heard Tango was pouring over the A3.....and it is metallic...you can see the particles ....but only when kissing it ...any further away and it appears solid.....its darker than brilliant red ..bit cherry looking in certain lights...a nice red .....found it a tad lack lustre..and the TT i saw was a little swirly..........but hey 000's of TT owners would disagree....what irked me most days was when I spotted a red BM or Merc (or any prestigious brand) i'd think ..nope don't like that...then i'd see a metallic and think I do like that....I'd see a red Audi and think why is it i like a red Audi but don't like ANY other red car...hmmm....it didn't sit comfortable with me so I changed my colour choice.

Red is an eye catching colour ...the Tango is no different.........that's why red is used a lot in marketing videos and shows....sports cars look fabulous in red......I wanted an obvious metallic....especially as its £500+.

Colour is hugely subjective as we know...I would think many dealers will have a Tango TT in stock...you really need to see one in the flesh....to make the final decision ....

Nothing to do with red but came across this and liked it S3 SB FL in daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
2017-Audi-A3-S3-Facelift-1.jpg

Reactions: jonnythefox, cuke2u, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
This may have been mentioned before so apologies if it has but the dealer just informed me that the face lift A3/S3 (and presuming RS3 also) goes into production on the 25th July officially but i'm guessing some will be built before that for pre-existing orders etc.
More likely to make sure the production line is working as it should!

Misano was indeed orangey ..and red and light red and dark red...strange colour...a friend popped in last week who had a Missy A3 s line as a courtesy car and i witnessed the changes whilst the sun popped in and out...l

Back on to Tango.....I've seen a TT a few times at the local dealer (whilst deciding between brilliant and misano - few months back now)...and again recently in the sun when I heard Tango was pouring over the A3.....and it is metallic...you can see the particles ....but only when kissing it ...any further away and it appears solid.....its darker than brilliant red ..bit cherry looking in certain lights...a nice red .....found it a tad lack lustre..and the TT i saw was a little swirly..........but hey 000's of TT owners would disagree....what irked me most days was when I spotted a red BM or Merc (or any prestigious brand) i'd think ..nope don't like that...then i'd see a metallic and think I do like that....I'd see a red Audi and think why is it i like a red Audi but don't like ANY other red car...hmmm....it didn't sit comfortable with me so I changed my colour choice.

Red is an eye catching colour ...the Tango is no different.........that's why red is used a lot in marketing videos and shows....sports cars look fabulous in red......I wanted an obvious metallic....especially as its £500+.

Colour is hugely subjective as we know...I would think many dealers will have a Tango TT in stock...you really need to see one in the flesh....to make the final decision ....

Nothing to do with red but came across this and liked it S3 SB FL in daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
It is a stunning car in a stunning colour :)
Yep Daytona is a sure bet! Eventhough I'd love a more dazzling color like a blue or a red or even an orange I'm worried I'm gonna get bored of it after a few months and for a car I plan to keep for 3/4 years I can't have that...

Reactions: cuke2u

I had a mondeo in tango and a focus in candy red and with both of them the particles could be seen from a distance in the sun. Maybe audi can't do reds very well so it might be keeping with daytona then. I can see it through the living window and when the sun is out it is fantastic...

Has Navara blue been used on anything before?
I ordered a sepang S3 saloon in late feb and I am getting a facelift at some point in the future and I am hoping that Navara is as nice if not nicer than sepang but I am nervous of ordering a colour off a computer screen without seeing it in the flesh.
Daytona looks lovely but I prefer something more in your face. Is that a reflection of something?

Daytona looks lovely but I prefer something more in your face. Is that a reflection of something?

Oedipal issues, narcissism, repressed guilt & delusions of importance... To name but a few...:blush:

On a more serious note , if you start touring dealers you'll soon see one in the flesh. I was in Chingford Audi earlier today, and whilst they didn't have any new brochures, they did appear to have a facelift A3 under a black cover. Don't know what colour, but its clear the new cars are arriving...

Reactions: BMB - 77
You nailed it Frasier!
I am buying from a dealer a fair distance away so will be difficult to see one but if I don't do that I will be nervous as hell until it arrives. May go safe and go black but then I will regret not getting Nevara if I see one and like it.
Need to lie down but only after a few beers to clear my head!

Reactions: GSB
on the subject of printed brochures - do they still do these, as I am sure that when I have asked I have been told along the lines of "its all online (or downloadable) nowadays"

on the subject of printed brochures - do they still do these, as I am sure that when I have asked I have been told along the lines of "its all online (or downloadable) nowadays"
Either the person you asked was fibbing or didn't know what they were talking about mate.

When I left the dealership I worked at in October we shifted tonnes of brochures. I'm a tech lover but don't imagine they'll get rid of physical brochures. They definitely make the buying experience nicer and give a better indication of colour samples vs online

totally agree - I love a good brochure!

Reactions: GSB
Has Navara blue been used on anything before?
I ordered a sepang S3 saloon in late feb and I am getting a facelift at some point in the future and I am hoping that Navara is as nice if not nicer than sepang but I am nervous of ordering a colour off a computer screen without seeing it in the flesh.

An official release of Navarra blue on the S4 on Audi's verified Twitter page!

I myself had a PFL order in Sepang converted to a Facelift and I'm worried about the blue situation as I don't like the idea of ordering blind. However if the below is legitimate I'd be very happy as it looks every bit as good as Sepang.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2,819
totally agree - I love a good brochure!
Same here. I picked up a brochure when the new A4 was released so Audi are still doing them.
All this debate about colours - I have the solution - All my nine A3s have been Silver, easy!!

There is nothing like the excitement of receiving a glossy brochure through the post, sorry to say but I even like the smell of them..

Perhaps we need another new thread that concentrates on facts and information about the facelift and a bit less on members own personal opinions. Perhaps a Moderator would like to start one and then we can have any new information in one thread and members personal views in this existing one.
Totally agree with you there Dave, but there is already a forum for non-car related 'chat' and I feel the mods should go through this one and remove all the non-face lift posts and rather juvenile cartoons or pictures...

Reactions: jonnythefox and h5djr
Totally agree with you there Dave, but there is already a forum for non-car related 'chat' and I feel the mods should go through this one and remove all the non-face lift posts and rather juvenile cartoons or pictures...

Why bother? Most people don't seem to have the requisite quantity of "*****" to read back even one previous page. For every daft picture or witticism posted here there's a poster asking a question that was answered, in detail, no more than two pages ago...

Reactions: WarwickL and pburv
I will remove the blatant stuff

Reactions: h5djr
New footage of the MY17 S3 with shots of the virtual cockpit working, exterior & interior shots. Looks good!

Reactions: nadsi77, Splathead, Satory and 3 others

Ara Blue vs Cosmos Blue:
k0wputG.png

Ara blue is lighter than that and looks great in the flesh. On the RS3 forum, there's a thread about an expensive RS3. There is a picture of it in Ara, the car is sitting at Aberdeen Audi and is lovely but coming in at £55k.

I know there is no 'workaround' as the display most likely simply cannot keep up.. But with the virtual cockpit it really annoys me the way the speeds jumps from '13' to '23' to '45' (as an example) under hard acceleration rather than going up in increments of 1

Just me? :D

I know there is no 'workaround' as the display most likely simply cannot keep up.. But with the virtual cockpit it really annoys me the way the speeds jumps from '13' to '23' to '45' (as an example) under hard acceleration rather than going up in increments of 1

Just me? :D

Probably. Under hard acceleration I tend to be looking out of the window...

Last edited:
Reactions: azibux1 and CarloS3