The mobile network(all providers)

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Is it just me, or if the mobile network just unstable/rubbish these days?

I'm specifically talking about making calls(does anyone make calls these days? Lol), but data/bandwidth can be linked with the same issues?

But anyways, running a fast food joint, my business is dependant on telephone orders for pick up and delivery meals. Admittedly, my area is nicknamed 'The Valley', so signal coverage is not perfect, but when I get 50+ calls a day, around 10% of these calls! either the caller can't hear me speak, so needs to call again, or viceversa, I can't hear the caller, but they can hear me perfectly. Now I'm on a landline, so highly likely it's not my end, and this only happens when I receive a call from a mobile. Does anyone else experience the same?

Reactions: Arrkon and Jake 61
Oh, just the very same. The company I work for has offices and workshops in a notorious black hole for mobile phone reception. I think I have had all you describe and more. I even got a cheap handset to see if EE was any better than our usual provider, (o2), but they were all useless.
Any talk of 4G and over gets me annoyed as well, they want to get 2G sorted out in the North of Scotland, never mind talking about what will be available in 2040.
The irony is, I was 3000ft up a Munro recently and the phone rang and had a great reception, but, in my living room, it is a waste of time.

We have £1000 handsets these days, serviced by a Ten Bob coverage.

:disgust:

You breaking up @jojo can you post again? :lmfao: :undwech:

Reactions: Nilz and jojo
As it happens, last night I was on a call on my mobile, all of a sudden it cut off, then i lost all signal and then i got a message saying not registered on network, then no network coverage!!!

This went on for about half an hour, then after a reboot, the phone came back to life again......this was all at home too!!!

I struggle here to get signal/mobile internet but surprisingly when I was on an island off the West coast of Africa it was fine :uhm: