Summer Tires?

LayZ_Pz

Reaction score
As winter is coming to an end, I am looking for new summer tires!

My RS3 originally came with the Bridgestone Potenza Sport, which at least are better than the P-Zeros.
I am looking to replace them with either Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, Continental Sport Contact 7 or (if the size exists) Goodyear F1 Eagle SuperSport.
I will keep the staggered setup, 265 front, 245 rear.

I only had experience with the F1 Eagle SS on my MK7 Golf GTI and I really loved them, but might not be the best for the RS3.

The weather in here can be tricky even in summer so semi slicks are probably not an option, am I missing some choices here? Which one would YOU pick?

Reactions: Angelina_Filipova113

My RS3 originally came with the Bridgestone Potenza Sport, which at least are better than the P-Zeros.
I am looking to replace them with either Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, Continental Sport Contact 7 or (if the size exists) Goodyear F1 Eagle SuperSport.

I only had experience with the F1 Eagle SS on my MK7 Golf GTI and I really loved them, but might not be the best for the RS3.

The weather in here can be tricky even in summer so semi slicks are probably not an option, am I missing some choices here? Which one would YOU pick?
I picked the Michelin PS4S's, having been on the Bridgestones from factory as well. I noticed a quicker turn in and better outright grip straight away. I can't comment on wear yet though.

I will say that they seem to be better than Michelin PS4's in cold weather though (-11°C this morning), which is a welcome surprise.

Reactions: Angelina_Filipova113, DangerMouseUK and LayZ_Pz

Any of those really.
I ran Goodyear SS on my 8V liked them a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Angelina_Filipova113 and LayZ_Pz
I picked the Michelin PS4S's, having been on the Bridgestones from factory as well. I noticed a quicker turn in and better outright grip straight away. I can't comment on wear yet though.

I will say that they seem to be better than Michelin PS4's in cold weather though (-11°C this morning), which is a welcome surprise.
You are running PS4S with -11c?! You are braver than I am :D
Any of those really.
I ran Goodyear SS on my 8V liked them a lot.

Yeah I am really trying to decide between those three really, tyre review gives the edge to the SC7 especially in wet weather...

Yeah, only through necessity though. Actually felt alright although I was taking it quite easy compared to normal, just in case.

I'd love to have some all seasons for the colder months but would need a set of wheels to put them on I think, rather than swapping tyres twice a year. The sizes and offsets make it a little harder to find some but I'll keep looking because I would much prefer to have the correct boots on the car in cold/snow.

Reactions: LayZ_Pz

Yeah I am really trying to decide between those three really, tyre review gives the edge to the SC7 especially in wet weather...

Can be divisive buying tyres one man’s great is another’s Sh*te

Reactions: Daggerit and LayZ_Pz
I ran a mixed setup on my M3 that was recommended on the forums. Michelin PS4S on the rear for the superior lower temperature grip plus PSS on the fronts as the firmer tyre wall makes for better turn-in. Might not translate so well to 4WD but it's another option.

Yeah, only through necessity though. Actually felt alright although I was taking it quite easy compared to normal, just in case.

I'd love to have some all seasons for the colder months but would need a set of wheels to put them on I think, rather than swapping tyres twice a year. The sizes and offsets make it a little harder to find some but I'll keep looking because I would much prefer to have the correct boots on the car in cold/snow.
I change tires twice a year (sadly), I have square 245 LM005 right now for the winter if that can help (yes square setup on the stock staggered wheels)
Can be divisive buying tyres one man’s great is another’s Sh*te

Yeaaaah that's why https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/2022-Tyre-Reviews-UHP-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm helps a lot :D
I ran a mixed setup on my M3 that was recommended on the forums. Michelin PS4S on the rear for the superior lower temperature grip plus PSS on the fronts as the firmer tyre wall makes for better turn-in. Might not translate so well to 4WD but it's another option.
Super sports could be great, even square but I think they are quite worse in wet/aquaplaning situations...

Reactions: Daggerit
Hi buddy. I replaced my bridgestones with the conti sport xontact 7. Grip wise they are a great tyre, but you get alot of torqie steer / tram lining with these tyres. Next time ill probz go back to the ps4s which i had on my b9 s4.

Hi buddy. I replaced my bridgestones with the conti sport xontact 7. Grip wise they are a great tyre, but you get alot of torqie steer / tram lining with these tyres. Next time ill probz go back to the ps4s which i had on my b9 s4.
Yeah your comment on the other post spooked me a bit :D, hope there would be more opinions about the SC7, I'll try to ask around, cheers

Yeah your comment on the other post spooked me a bit :D, hope there would be more opinions about the SC7, I'll try to ask around, cheers
Yeh that post

I thought might be down to wheel alignment needing done, but i had that done after but still alot of torque steer