Suede Steering Wheel from TT Quattro Sport

Maz

Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one of these... Looks great in S3 Kev's but not sure what airbag to use?

TTAlcantara.jpg

Will the S3 airbag fit or should I get the TT one?

Does look nice mate.

Unless your airbag looks the same id say youd need a tt one.

The middle part of the wheel, which has the air bag attached looks the same shape as the steering wheel in my card (which is the same as the S3 one)

From looking at the picture, I'd guess that it's the same airbag, perhaps use ETKA to confirm this.

Can always get a B5 RS4 wheel. Might be easier. There's a German seller on eBay shifting brand new ones for about 280 from memory.

I'm after this one... eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Prefer it without the badge, seller says the S3 bag will fit but I wanted to check here before I bite the bullet and purchase!

...TT shop are selling the RS4 one for 350 on eBay. :faint:

...Had a quick word with S3 kev (cheers bud) and it seems the facelift air-bag fits fine so I've ordered one :rockwoot:

Should have it some time next week and will fit it asap.

That should look mint. I only asked as I'm tempted to put the TT one in mine but it might look a bit mix and match next to the cream alcantara seats :(

Thanks Funky, I've got a feeling it's gonna look rather tasty! :)

I want to try and match the gear stick and gaitor as well but that might prove to be harder to source.

...I did see a pic of a silver alcantara RS4 version so there may be a chance it can be done in yours, give me a sec and I'll try and find the link.

Ive got an airbag that i could sell you for 100 quid. Its found on all the 3 spoke L type S3 and newer type Ps to and other Audis with the Three spoke wheel and will fit fine, can put some pics up if anyone wants to have a look.

I had my original S3 wheel trimmed in black alcantara, poor quality picture but looks great in the flesh.

cfdcbc34.jpg

I'm liking the black version that looks amazing but the ivory looks a bit girly ;)
Plus you have to have a soapy wash before driving anywhere lol.
Maz Did you not look into a retrim on your existing ? Think it would be half the price at least.

I had my original S3 wheel trimmed in black alcantara, poor quality picture but looks great in the flesh.

cfdcbc34.jpg

Lol beat me to it, how much for the retrim? Looks mint

Lol beat me to it, how much for the retrim? Looks mint

My good friend Joe @ trimdeluxe did mine for me in exchange for building him an engine loom, lol. I believe he does them for around £100, the stitching is spot on. They do require a bit of a soapy water scrub every now and again.

Wheel looks spot on except you want the facelift airbag with the silver encircling ring which i just so happen to be selling ;)

My good friend Joe @ trimdeluxe did mine for me in exchange for building him an engine loom, lol. I believe he does them for around £100, the stitching is spot on. They do require a bit of a soapy water scrub every now and again.

Thats not a bad price at all, was having a convo with Karl about this last week, a company in Liverpool does it for around £120. Was it a steering wheel off jobbi ??

Wheel looks spot on except you want the facelift airbag with the silver encircling ring which i just so happen to be selling ;)

Determined lol

Tell you what, i will send you up the airbag and steeringwheel and you can send me back a re-trimmed steering wheel in suede but has to be pink - deal ;)

Ive got cream leather but that cream suede looks gash im sorry, black looks mint though.

I'm liking the black version that looks amazing but the ivory looks a bit girly ;)
Plus you have to have a soapy wash before driving anywhere lol.
Maz Did you not look into a retrim on your existing ? Think it would be half the price at least.

Ben, get some more pics up that looks like a nice job there.

No, I didn't even think about that Damo to be honest, I had a good week of sales on eBay and the money was there + I wanted to get one without the S3 logo as well.

...will defo look into a re-trim for the gaitor and arm rest though.

I think the cream wheel is a bit marmite but still looks good with the matching interior imo. That RS4 one comes in a light grey as well which I remember a guy fitting it to his S3 a few years back on here. looked really nice along side the RNS-E.

Ben, get some more pics up that looks like a nice job there.

No, I didn't even think about that Damo to be honest, I had a good week of sales on eBay and the money was there + I wanted to get one without the S3 logo as well.

...will defo look into a re-trim for the gaitor and arm rest though.

I think the cream wheel is a bit marmite but still looks good with the matching interior imo. That RS4 one comes in a light grey as well which I remember a guy fitting it to his S3 a few years back on here. looked really nice along side the RNS-E.

Ye it does looks well with the contrasting trim but it's just a bit bright for me (rich comming from the dude with the bluest of blue motors lol)
the one you linked looks ace and if your happy maz that's all that matters bro :thumbsup:
how long till its on??

True, it's all about personal preference at the end of the day I just wanted something fresh for the interior.

The eBay seller msg'd me to say they should have the wheel by Tuesday (apparently the last one sold in store the day I ordered) so I'm expecting it by next weekend at the earliest.

...expect some pic whoring once it arrives :)

Look what turned up today...:)

DSC03729.jpg

Looks easy enough to fit, but its ******* down out there and I cant trust myself not to set the airbag off whilst trying lol.

Last edited:
Very nice, certainly nicer than the cream (which is a shame as I would like something that matched my interior). Looking forward to seeing the pic whoring when its in!

i love these but being a tree surgeon and working seven days a week most of the time it will just get ruined :(

I plucked up the courage to attempt this myself once I read a few online guides.

First thing to do was disconnect positive on battery.

Here we go...

Before

DSC03732.jpg

Remove 2 T30 Torx screws that secure the airbag.

DSC03734.jpg

Remove steering wheel nut with M12 Spline bit

DSC03736.jpg

DSC03737.jpg

DSC03739.jpg

Job done, well happy! :cool:

Will get some better shots once I clean the car. It's in a right dirt bag of a state at the moment and needs the full works inside and out!!!

Awesome! All you need now is a TT accelerator pedal cover! Lol!