Strange feeling - VCDS Errors - Some assistance required please

JRock247

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have noticed a strange feeling/sound from my car the last couple of days and I have just completed a VCDS scan that I need some assistance with the results.

My car is an A4 2.0TDi 140Hp 8 Speed Auto 2011 model with no engine modifications. The car has been absolutely perfect up until a couple of days ago when I noticed a strange sound/feel when accelerating, almost sounds like the engine revs are holding after accelerating or possible the boost is staying boosted for longer than it should!?

It's a bit hard to explain but when you accelerate (not harshly) and lift of the accelerator, you can hear what sounds like engine revs slowly drop but don't match the speed in which the rev counter drops, it's like the revs are holding and then slowing lowering. Or something like the boost is staying on and then slowly lowering if that makes sense. You can hear it, it sounds like I'm in a lower gear than I am in. It does eventually go but only if I come to a stop or slow right down.

The car still drives OK, pulls as it should from what I can tell but something is not right. I have owned the car for nearly 3 years, so very familiar with it and how it should feels/sound.

I finally managed to get time to scan it with VCDS and have some worrying results from the engine management. Errors are:

4698 - Function Restriction due to Faults in Other Modules
U1113 00 [032] - -
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
5168 - Altitude Sensor / Boost Pressure Sensor
P1592 00 [032] - Implausible Correlation
5244 - Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247)
P0193 00 [032] - Short to Plus
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 186205 km
Date: 2016.10.12
Time: 19:20:35

As I said, the car still drives OK but I am worried something is wrong or starting to go wrong.

I am not e mechanic or have much experiencing working on engines, so not exactly sure what the errors are and what they mean.

I would really appreciate some of you egg heads out there looking at my results and offering some advice before I go to Audi.

Thank you all in advance, your help is much appreciated.

Jamie

Some digging and some people suggest checking earth points in the engine bay.

Anyone have an idea what earth points and where they are located? (under the flap by the firewall??)

I have also un-clipped the boost pressure sensor cable and given it a bit of a blow and check it for dirt but looked OK.

I have also checked the common rail sensor connector and given it a blow but could not see dirt or anything.

I can only check so far back on the loom as it tucks right under the engine, but so far looks OK.

Any ideas guys?

Clear the faults and take the car for a drive . Have a look at what comes back. You can try logging the boost sensor and fuel sensor specified against actual when you take it for a drive to see if either or both sensors are reporting realistic readings.
Does the car use any oil ?.

I have cleared the faults twice now and they come back each time.

I'm not at work tomorrow, so will try logging the boost and fuel sensor readings and see if they are realistic.

Not noticed any extra oil consumption, certainly no blue smoke.

My main concern is if the car is OK to continue driving or am I risking more serious damage?

I

Can you please scan all modules and clear all before reposing to get rid of "other module" dtcs.
We can go from there. Please also be sure to post all "freeze frame" data.
If you provide vehicle details I can check circuit diagram - may be a short to plus causing issues.

I scanned all modules twice to ensure it was not something else contributing to the errors. I only uploaded the above errors as VCDS did not find any problems with any other modules.

What car details do you specifically need?

A4 2.0TDi 2WD 143BHp Common Rail 8 Speed Auto Black Edition

What results did u get when logging rail sender and boost pressure? Plausible?
If you can PM reg and engine code (Full VIN if you don't know eng code).