Stolen A3

timw1977

Reaction score
So went to pick up my car the other morning having left it in a car park overnight only to discover it was missing. Reported it stolen.

Black Audi A3 sportback reg T77SAX

Thing I don't understand is how they had away with it - i have (had as the insurance company have them now) both sets of keys so am completely at a loss as to how they managed to steal it without the keys...

Any ideas?

Cheers
Confused, Carless and P****d off....

So sorry to hear! Probably loaded onto a car transporter :(

Yup, probably just craned/winched onto a truck and carried away.

Hope you get good news soon enough though, far too many Audi thefts going on around the country!

Perhaps a case if poss to park in a multi-story.

First of all so sorry this happened to you. Second of all I just dont't understand why bog standard A3's are being taken... I mean I understand if it was an RS3 or something but why have A3's/S3's become the flavour over the past few months? I hope the scum burn in hell.

The DVLA don't give a fk. I saw an S3 being taken a while ago. I called the police who gladly showed up within minutes and gave chase. I later reported the reg of the truck to the DVLA and they replied to me that the truck was not registered to them.

Basically... this truck pulled up... in the morning he put a clamp on the vehicle with DVLA sprayed in black. No one turned a blind eye. Looked fishy to me still. Later on in the day he came back with a low loader... with DVLA emblazzoned all over the side... and "DVLA notified" on the bonnet. No one bat an eye lid. It didn't add up. I called the DVLA who said they did not have him registered as an official clamper. I sent the DVLA footage (photo and video) of the entire event and they did sweet fk all.

The crims are becoming more advanced on how to avoid arousing suspicion... with all this DVLA rubbish plastered on their truck some people think it is genuine shizzle going down. Those of us who like to maintain a healthy level of paranoia feel otherwise.

I hope things work out for you mate... such a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
the majority of the parts are the same across the 8P board. (given the right year)

The kit inside them especially, and A3 doesn't mean crap, there are plenty of A3's on here with more kit in them than S3's.

Audi=expensive = expensive parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for your loss I had my Corsa stolen in August, luckily it was recovered but it was only a big standard 1.2 54 plate design

It makes your stomach sink when you catch on, even if u look in the wring area of car park and you **** a brick thinking your cars missing :laugh:

Hope they find yr car and the thieving scum