Stack Boost Gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

markthenewt

Reaction score
Hey all.

Well now that Christmas is over with its time to start spending some money on the car again.

Thinking of buying a Stack boost gauge with the white background and red needle as this will match the clocks/dials in my A3 TQS.

Heres the gauge... Stack Mechanical Turbo Boost Pressure Gauge White psi | eBay

Will I need to paint the back red so it matches my clocks/dials?

Cheers.

If you paint dials red your just have red dials and red needle. Surely you want one with a white needle and letters and then paint back of dials red?

IIRC the Stack white gauges illuminate 'white' as a whole gauge with a red needle... if you changed the illumination for red then you would most likely not see the needle... the black faced ones (like mine for example) only have white illuminated characters on a black background and a white needle... this can be changed (see stickies!!) to a red background so you get the characters illuminated red and the needle remains white (as per std Audi gauges)

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
Here my one I have currently fitted on my car I got it for only £20 on eBay which included the side pillar mount great bargain
Hope it helps and goes to show if u look on eBay u don't have to spend alot to get a great looking boost gauge u like as mine is an apexi one not cheap at all lol

4ba18f3e.jpg

i got a TurboSmart boost gauge. paint the number reds so it a match for the standard A3 dials. red needle and red numbers with a black background

There is a bloke on here under the name of HEKTOR who is a podi dealer. Pm him

If you are interested in the PODI gauges just drop me a pm and i will send you some details. I am also considering a group buy so the more numbers the better.

S3featesv9, I meant to say paint the back face of the boost gauge red so that when it is illuminated behind, the numbers show up red and the dials stay white like with my speedo clocks, they are white but when illuminated the needle/numbers show up red.

Tufty, I was hoping the white stack boost gauge would illuminate the numbers red as it would then match my clocks, if the whole face is illiuminated white then it wont match at night if the whole face is glowing white on the boost gauge, all you see at night on the speedo clocks are red illuminated numbers. I don't want to be taking things apart lol... was the reason I asked.

Customboy, yeah that was a real bargain, i'll keep an eye out.

Jay1601, I'll have a look,my background on my speedo clocks are white, must be a a3 TQS thing if your background is black, not sure.

Driftymcgee, Yep they are a nice gauge,just not sure I want to be spending that much on one.

Hektor, i'd be more interested in a group buy price, lol.

Cheers all.

If i get confirmed number then i will 100% run with a group buy. If i get 10 people then i will offer 10% off the rrp and i will also look into getting the postage costs down which will save even more.

Just let me know and i will get the wheels in motion.

Thanks

If i get confirmed number then i will 100% run with a group buy. If i get 10 people then i will offer 10% off the rrp and i will also look into getting the postage costs down which will save even more.

Just let me know and i will get the wheels in motion.

Thanks

If I weren't in Aus the group buy would be perfect, but I doubt the shipping issues would overcome the discount.

It is a shame because I have spent a LONG time looking for a gauge that is as OEM+ as possible and the Podi are the closest by far

If I weren't in Aus the group buy would be perfect, but I doubt the shipping issues would overcome the discount.

It is a shame because I have spent a LONG time looking for a gauge that is as OEM+ as possible and the Podi are the closest by far

I will speak with podi and see if they would ship direct to you and also include you in the group buy. As soon as i know i will let you know and what the costs would be.

could you let us know in this thread hektor, or altenatively create a new one and we can create a list of possible buyers. dependant on price obv.
going off the website the basic gauge after conversion from USD would be roughly £55 which isnt tooooo bad.
id certainly be interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also suggest PM'ing Admin about this before you get too far into this for approval... no unsanctioned group buys are allowed without Admin permission...

Once approved then setup a seperate thread.... keep this one on topic...

<tuffty/>

Status
Not open for further replies.