Stack boost gauge fitted!

Vwdan80

Reaction score
Hey all, finally got my stack boost gauge fitted. thought i'd post i pic to show the custom pillar pod i made and covered so that it looks as factory as possible!! Wasnt as bad as i thought to do either.

boostgauge.jpg

boostgauge2.jpg

Also is standard boost about 0.8 bar?

Very professionally done

Im gonna mount mine somewhere "different"

watch this space

Hey all, finally got my stack boost gauge fitted. thought i'd post i pic to show the custom pillar pod i made and covered so that it looks as factory as possible!! Wasnt as bad as i thought to do either.

boostgauge.jpg

boostgauge2.jpg

Also is standard boost about 0.8 bar?

Dan. That looks great! How on earth did you Manage that with the material etc...

Did you take the whole pillar off and piece together separately?

Where'd the extra material come from?

How'd you finish it so sweetly?

Do many questions and must sound like a ****** ******! Appreciate your feedback.

Fancy Sending me some of that material for a price? :)

Fed up of mine being in the vent!

Cheers for the comments!
It cost me £10 for a spare a pillar trim (eBay)
£10 for a universal pillar pod holder (ebAy)
The material I bought from a local car trimmers for £15 a square meter!
Tin of interior spray glue for £5

I cut down the pod to size which I then bonded and fibreglassed to the pillar trim,
once this was all smoothed down good enough to paint next was to wrap it, this
was quite tricky and I did it in 2 pieces. One piece to cover the pod downwards
and one piece to cover the rest of the flat pillar. I had to make a slot in the material
at the back of the pod itself so it would wrap round smoothly but material joins together well
so it's hard to see any join especially once it's fitted up, I found just gluing a bit at a time and
slowly working the material round is the best way !!

I do have some material left over to do a couple more wraps if jimgrimm and s3veats still want it?

Cheers for the comments!
It cost me £10 for a spare a pillar trim (eBay)
£10 for a universal pillar pod holder (ebAy)
The material I bought from a local car trimmers for £15 a square meter!
Tin of interior spray glue for £5

I cut down the pod to size which I then bonded and fibreglassed to the pillar trim,
once this was all smoothed down good enough to paint next was to wrap it, this
was quite tricky and I did it in 2 pieces. One piece to cover the pod downwards
and one piece to cover the rest of the flat pillar. I had to make a slot in the material
at the back of the pod itself so it would wrap round smoothly but material joins together well
so it's hard to see any join especially once it's fitted up, I found just gluing a bit at a time and
slowly working the material round is the best way !!

I do have some material left over to do a couple more wraps if jimgrimm and s3veats still want it?

Thanks for the offer. Really great job. I've actually sourced the material now from Audi so that it is matched to my car and have arranged for the stacks gauge.

Will use your tips and guide though to place in situ. Very impressed! Thanks again.

Last edited:
My boost mount is finally ready to be installed and will be done tomorrow.

Went for single stacks boost gauge with black gauge and white dials (i've painted rear side of dial to provide red illumination), mounted it to the pillar and covered it with my matching internal material that I ordered from Audi.

It look cool and very similar to VWDan's effort. I'll post some pics when in situ.

I've decided against liquid gauges at this stage, as it would appear they are somewhat limited unless spending serious cash...so wperhaps another time.

Thanks for all of your help

Sorry not got any material left, sold it to a mate who is doing is car!

Hi guys, would appreciate if anyone could point me in the direction of where to get the A pillar trim material? Part number from audi etc? prices?

thank you
Dave

Hi guys, would appreciate if anyone could point me in the direction of where to get the A pillar trim material? Part number from audi etc? prices?

thank you
Dave

Your cars chassis number will have code for internal trim.

Contact Audi and ask them for costing mate.

Confirm colour prior, they got mine wrong first time.

Regards

James