SQ5 So the wait begins...again!

Not exact. Some similar, but all ex-dem with mileage. And more expensive by a few grand.
A
Welcome, enjoy!

Only to repair to an acceptable standard. Vehicle looked fine during pickup but when I drove it home the steering wheel was left hand down by quite a way. Dealer stated it was "normal" for some new vehicles and that the alignment cannot be done until it had covered at least 1000 miles. I then took it to a detailer for paint protection who quickly discovered the drivers side front wheel was a different colour to the other 3. Quite obvious when it was pointed out to me but you tend to be blinded during the pickup.

It was an S5 with 20" wheels and paint finish impossible to match. They agreed to replace the wheel but there were other issues and the car was kind of mis-sold to me (3 children and only 2 back seats!). The dealer (Bury St. Edmunds) ignored my requests for assistance in trading the vehicle in or selling it on their forecourt. Traded it in at another garage at a huge loss. What annoyed me the most is that they weren't the cheapest but I agreed to support my local dealer in return for some reciprocal loyalty. Got crapped on.

Then bought an approved 6k mile 1 year old, high spec RS6 from Norwich Audi for 65k only to discover it had been in a front end collision. They too refused to help and implied "sold as seen". Sanding marks under paint, bits, fish eye, bodged dent repair. Lesson learned - always inspect every inch of the car even if it is almost new and from an authorised main dealer.

All I will say is that there better be nothing wrong with the RS3.
Wow, not good at all, not surprised you are going to give the RS3 (when it arrives!) a serious going over

Just spoke to Audi UK, who told me the car is still in quality control in Emden, with NO ETA for delivery.
The 'nice lady' I spoke to tole me the order book for MY19 is open and agreed it may be quicker to cancel and re-order! Even if I don't get a build week until September!!!

About to really throw my toys out of my pram...

Isnt Emden just a holding facility for cars to board the next ship to their final destination. I was not aware that Audi had any facility which allows QC. Unless the car has been transported to a facility in Germany for inspection...maybe back to Ingolstadt..but the tracking still stated Emden.

Just as an aide my Audi login tracking still states that it’s on it’s way from Mexico....

Wait is finally over and drove the car from the dealer...great drive..

It is so quiet..easily not known that you are doing 85mph..

Managed to get 29mpg on the way back which I thought was pretty good.

The red seats are fantastic and the wife loves them (phew) however I cannot get a photo which does them justice...

Reactions: Meester_Steve, Powerenhancer, mxnrg and 1 other person

The red seats are fantastic and the wife loves them (phew) however I cannot get a photo which does them justice...

Finally! You must be well chuffed, and even more so the wife likes the red seats . Look forward to some pics

Reactions: Powerenhancer
Finally! You must be well chuffed, and even more so the wife likes the red seats . Look forward to some pics[/QUOTE

Really pleased...still trying all the .the design of the back rear bumper is much better than the USA version..it has a honeycomb and looks pretty good..

In addition the rear door locks are operated by the drivers door..nice touch...(rather than a screw key on the door).

Yet to try the park assist..

Great stuff! I've done about 2000 miles now and on mixed driving, I'm getting 4-430miles per tank - it breaks my heard that a tank costs over £90 but that's the price you pay!

The park assist is a godsend, we have on-street parking and it's brilliant, there is one shortfall - it doesn't understand low kerbs, when I park against the dropped kerb by my house it always goes over it and I have to correct, get a standard kerbs it parks 100mm away from it perfect every time, even on an awkward bend. We have had 1 partial 'fail' with it, we found a space, it was all aligned, it then performed a ridiculous 12 point manoeuvre to get into a tiny space - and then when it was it, it said 'park assist couldn't complete the operation as the space was too small - this wasn't really true as it was perfectly parked, but there was no way we'd have gotten it out as we had maybe 150mm each side. luckily the vehicle in front was gone the next day! Great tech tho. My only regret is not getting the tour pack.

Reactions: mxnrg
Great stuff! I've done about 2000 miles now and on mixed driving, I'm getting 4-430miles per tank - it breaks my heard that a tank costs over £90 but that's the price you pay!

The park assist is a godsend, we have on-street parking and it's brilliant, there is one shortfall - it doesn't understand low kerbs, when I park against the dropped kerb by my house it always goes over it and I have to correct, get a standard kerbs it parks 100mm away from it perfect every time, even on an awkward bend. We have had 1 partial 'fail' with it, we found a space, it was all aligned, it then performed a ridiculous 12 point manoeuvre to get into a tiny space - and then when it was it, it said 'park assist couldn't complete the operation as the space was too small - this wasn't really true as it was perfectly parked, but there was no way we'd have gotten it out as we had maybe 150mm each side. luckily the vehicle in front was gone the next day! Great tech tho. My only regret is not getting the tour pack.

I have to say 400 miles per 70 litre tank is around 26mpg..just to let you know my 2.0tfsi Quattro averaged around 28mpg..(MY13)..so thought that was too bad given the larger engine and car size.

I saw the tour pack but didn’t opt for it..what was that again...

Hey y'all,

Still nothing. No ETA. Zilch! Been crafting an email to Andrew Doyle. Yes, it's getting to that point :( It will be interesting to see what response I get back.

In the meantime, while you all enjoy your new toys, those who have still got access to tracker data, what was your 'order type' and 'customer type'? I may have a theory??!!

Last edited:
Hey y'all,

Still nothing. No ETA. Zilch! Been crafting an email to Andrew Doyle. Yes, it's getting to that point :( Not sure if it will help, though.

In the meantime, while you all enjoy your new toys, those who have still got access to tracker data, what was your 'order type' and 'customer type'? I may have a theory??!!

I have taken a look and I cannot see the order type or customer type on the audi portal.

However I do have an ‘order type’ on the order form which was provided to me by audi to sign the paperwork of the options/ car etc etc...

As it was order through Drive the Deal which comes under a fleet order...

OK. Ours was through AutoeBid, so that may be fleet too. Of interest, how much % discount did you get?

If you log into the tracker then go to:

https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/xxxxxxxx

where 'xxxxxxxx' is your order number, you can see the data behind the tracker; all the status codes, elements of the spec you ordered, VIN, etc.

Could be my theory is shot out of the water already.

OK. Ours was through AutoeBid, so that may be fleet too. Of interest, how much % discount did you get?

If you log into the tracker then go to:

https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/xxxxxxxx

where 'xxxxxxxx' is your order number, you can see the data behind the tracker; all the status codes, elements of the spec you ordered, VIN, etc.

Could be my theory is shot out of the water already.

The link wouldn’t work and come up with loss of text..is that what you were referring too..

orderType":"03","customerType":"14

I think the discount I think was around 12%...

Yes and no, but either way thanks for sharing.
Our details are orderType: "00" and customerType: "10".
Not sure what the codes mean, but they're not the same as yours. Could be connected.

Latest update, if you can call it that. All delayed customer ordered cars are now priority. Still no actual ETA due to volume of vehicles.
Need I add my thoughts??

Good saving. We only got circa 10%. And a long wait.

Reactions: NevMan
I have to say 400 miles per 70 litre tank is around 26mpg..just to let you know my 2.0tfsi Quattro averaged around 28mpg..(MY13)..so thought that was too bad given the larger engine and car size.

Well the MMI says I’m getting much more, it says 36mpg average, but I’ve fully filled the tank 5 times and have managed about 420 each time so def not getting 36mpg. I drive very sensibly most of the time, and it’s 60/40 split on motorway/local driving, I use cruise control requally and I’m not a late braker - I guess this thing is just a guzzler!

Well the MMI says I’m getting much more, it says 36mpg average, but I’ve fully filled the tank 5 times and have managed about 420 each time so def not getting 36mpg. I drive very sensibly most of the time, and it’s 60/40 split on motorway/local driving, I use cruise control requally and I’m not a late braker - I guess this thing is just a guzzler!

I have seen many reviews that say the SQ5 is awful on fuel economy, generally getting 26-29mpg. But the below fuelly link suggests 21mpg!!

http://www.fuelly.com/car/audi/sq5

Sounds as though this engine is being replaced, but probably more down to WLTP.

I have seen many reviews that say the SQ5 is awful on fuel economy, generally getting 26-29mpg. But the below fuelly link suggests 21mpg!!

Edit: but then you don’t buy one for economy and I would have one in a heartbeat

Tour Pack details:

ef51c6fbf693219382af2f38ff4db344.png

Reactions: DeckedS3

I am up to 11100 miles. Most of my driving is decent length mainly motorways, but I some shorter trips and often motorways are the stop start kind of the south east.

I don't check mileage each tank but when I have done brim to brim the average per the computer doesn't seem to be wrong and my car is saying 29.4mpg since new. Best brim to brim tank was 310 miles before I refuelled for another trip at what worked out at 36.5mpg....

Yes and no, but either way thanks for sharing.
Our details are orderType: "00" and customerType: "10".
Not sure what the codes mean, but they're not the same as yours. Could be connected.

Latest update, if you can call it that. All delayed customer ordered cars are now priority. Still no actual ETA due to volume of vehicles.
Need I add my thoughts??

Good saving. We only got circa 10%. And a long wait.

"orderType": "00", "customerType": "10"

Same as you @Meester_Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't forget that Americans have smaller gallons and that looks to be a US site.

I am up to 5500 miles now and have long term averaged 27 mpg. That's a lot less than my FL S3 which was up around 33 mpg, but then its a lot more comfy, too.

Don't forget that Americans have smaller gallons and that looks to be a US site.

I am up to 5500 miles now and have long term averaged 27 mpg. That's a lot less than my FL S3 which was up around 33 mpg, but then its a lot more comfy, too.

Fair enough comment on the smaller tank (US), but you are getting spot on what I had originally suggested - 26-29mpg. My 2.0 TFSI Q5 is 3600 miles old, and long term avg only 28.5, but most are short journeys. When I do go on longer runs, 50+ miles get into late 30’s without trying. But this is the precise reason I went petrol and not diesel - do shorter trips and like responsive performance, and as said many times would have SQ5 in a heartbeat

Reactions: mxnrg
Fair enough comment on the smaller tank (US), but you are getting spot on what I had originally suggested - 26-29mpg. My 2.0 TFSI Q5 is 3600 miles old, and long term avg only 28.5, but most are short journeys. When I do go on longer runs, 50+ miles get into late 30’s without trying. But this is the precise reason I went petrol and not diesel - do shorter trips and like responsive performance, and as said many times would have SQ5 in a heartbeat

Getting use to the SQ5 and done around 350 miles so far...the free wheeling takes some getting use too...there is a little ‘green foot’ which appears on the dash to say lift off...what is odd is that normally a car will reduce speed as it’s in gear..however this actually does not happen..will take a bit of getting use too...

Currently averaging 25mpg but small short journeys..will need to full up with v-power at the weekend..could be around £95.00....

Tour Pack details:

Not sure the £1,350 is worth it..some of the basic features are available and I do like the adaptive CC..the others I am not so keen on or feel that it’s worth it..if you are doing long motorway drives then I could see this as a useful add on.

Getting use to the SQ5 and done around 350 miles so far...the free wheeling takes some getting use too...there is a little ‘green foot’ which appears on the dash to say lift off...what is odd is that normally a car will reduce speed as it’s in gear..however this actually does not happen..will take a bit of getting use too....

That uses the Sat Nav to detect where you will drop from, say, a 50 zone to a 30 zone so encourages you to lift off early and not brake, but coast for a little better mpg.

Not sure the £1,350 is worth it..some of the basic features are available and I do like the adaptive CC..the others I am not so keen on or feel that it’s worth it..if you are doing long motorway drives then I could see this as a useful add on.
agree, possibly/probably a very useful option for motorway cruisers, I would like to try ACC in next car :thumbs up:

agree, possibly/probably a very useful option for motorway cruisers, I would like to try ACC in next car :thumbs up:

Once you’ve used ACC on a long drive you won’t go back given the choice. Had it on my Merc GLA for a 1300 round trip from London to Skye last summer and have it on the SQ5.

Once you’ve used ACC on a long drive you won’t go back given the choice. Had it on my Merc GLA for a 1300 round trip from London to Skye last summer and have it on the SQ5.

I am sure I would, but as I am not a regular mega miler, it would not be top of the options list (assuming of course I didn't go for all of them).

My top list at the moment (obv. don't have all of these at the moment)

- Metallic colour
- Black Pack
- 20/21 wheels
- Folding mirrors
- Extended light
- Pano roof
- VC
- SS Seats
- Dashcams (hoping they go integrated, as don't like the add on ones)
- Other such as ACC

As promised some pictures of the detailed car...the retailers gave credit to Carlise Audi.

The detailers posting the following

We enjoyed this one! Stunning Audi SQ5 in for our signature New Car Detail. Navarro Blue now looks amazing after a single stage machine polish which was then topped with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra and Exo V4.

Full interior protection carried out on the stunning red leather interior, as well as wheels off bolt on and Glass coatings. First car we’ve seen that was dealer prepped in a long time that hadn’t been destroyed with one wash, hats off to the supplying dealer.

ddbdetailing.co.uk

Attachments

• 71CD0274-80D6-4009-B5D4-E817A3781AD9.jpeg
    71CD0274-80D6-4009-B5D4-E817A3781AD9.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 249
  • 2FBA522F-FAF3-4E5C-BC36-05EC4575C1C6.jpeg
    2FBA522F-FAF3-4E5C-BC36-05EC4575C1C6.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 131B1781-06E9-43EA-959B-CBFC6648C4B7.jpeg
    131B1781-06E9-43EA-959B-CBFC6648C4B7.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 50664388-D7E8-408D-99A9-21B60FFA0E84.jpeg
    50664388-D7E8-408D-99A9-21B60FFA0E84.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 261
Reactions: Pinky1959, mxnrg, cuke2u and 2 others
As promised some pictures of the detailed car...the retailers gave credit to Carlise Audi.

The detailers posting the following

We enjoyed this one! Stunning Audi SQ5 in for our signature New Car Detail. Navarro Blue now looks amazing after a single stage machine polish which was then topped with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra and Exo V4.

Full interior protection carried out on the stunning red leather interior, as well as wheels off bolt on and Glass coatings. First car we’ve seen that was dealer prepped in a long time that hadn’t been destroyed with one wash, hats off to the supplying dealer.

ddbdetailing.co.uk

One word...wow!
I love the red leather, but work still needed on Mrs his end

Good to see dealer didn’t destroy paintwork. Mine was the same from Tetbury, a single stage sufficed.

...so it’s been a couple of months since I reported to my dealership that the car was listing a recall on the brakes. They didn’t do anything for weeks and I ended up going in and showing the fault to them so that they’d believe me.

After checking the system properly, they said that there was 2 software updates, and a recall on the rear brakes and the boot release, and the first available slot they had was 3 weeks away (which is today).

So I’ve just left it with them, they’ve given me a base model Q3 which to be honest needs to be sterilised as there are crisp crumbs over everything. They’ve also said this is the first recall work they’ve done on so they expect it to take 2 days but they will let me know. I need my car back by Saturday as we’re going away in it and the Q3 isn’t big enough for what we’re traveling with, but I have a nasty suspicion I might end up stuck with it and having to hire something bigger!

I voiced my concerns over the fact the recall was about the brakes and A: no one seemed overly fussed at sorting it, and B: the dealer said it was nothing dangerous, however yesterday I did get the generic Audi recall letter telling me that it was a manufacturing fault with the rear brakes, and as a result braking distances be seriously increased - that to me is a worry as I have noticed at motorway speeds it’s not great at pulling to a standstill at junctions etc...I’m fairly sure this is dangerous and should be treated urgency as such.

My final gripe is the pre-sense. I’ve had a dash pop up saying there’s a fault with it and to contact the dealer (they’re looking at this today), I don’t know what the fault is but it regularly creates a false alarm, including when I was parked in an empty carpark with the engine off and the big pre-sense warning triangle came up on the dash and the seatbelts fully tightened is if it was expecting impact - at the time my wife was 9 months pregnant so this really hurt her for no reason. And then there have been several occasions where people have stepped out in front of us and its not batted an eyelid but I’ve had to slam on the brakes, which as we know may or may not stop efficiently!

Overall very disappointed so far - hopefully everyone else is having a better experience, but do check for recalls on the myAudi app!

...so it’s been a couple of months since I reported to my dealership that the car was listing a recall on the brakes. They didn’t do anything for weeks and I ended up going in and showing the fault to them so that they’d believe me.

After checking the system properly, they said that there was 2 software updates, and a recall on the rear brakes and the boot release, and the first available slot they had was 3 weeks away (which is today).

So I’ve just left it with them, they’ve given me a base model Q3 which to be honest needs to be sterilised as there are crisp crumbs over everything. They’ve also said this is the first recall work they’ve done on so they expect it to take 2 days but they will let me know. I need my car back by Saturday as we’re going away in it and the Q3 isn’t big enough for what we’re traveling with, but I have a nasty suspicion I might end up stuck with it and having to hire something bigger!

I voiced my concerns over the fact the recall was about the brakes and A: no one seemed overly fussed at sorting it, and B: the dealer said it was nothing dangerous, however yesterday I did get the generic Audi recall letter telling me that it was a manufacturing fault with the rear brakes, and as a result braking distances be seriously increased - that to me is a worry as I have noticed at motorway speeds it’s not great at pulling to a standstill at junctions etc...I’m fairly sure this is dangerous and should be treated urgency as such.

My final gripe is the pre-sense. I’ve had a dash pop up saying there’s a fault with it and to contact the dealer (they’re looking at this today), I don’t know what the fault is but it regularly creates a false alarm, including when I was parked in an empty carpark with the engine off and the big pre-sense warning triangle came up on the dash and the seatbelts fully tightened is if it was expecting impact - at the time my wife was 9 months pregnant so this really hurt her for no reason. And then there have been several occasions where people have stepped out in front of us and its not batted an eyelid but I’ve had to slam on the brakes, which as we know may or may not stop efficiently!

Overall very disappointed so far - hopefully everyone else is having a better experience, but do check for recalls on the myAudi app!

Not good on the pre sense “activating” especially with your heavily pregnant wife onboard. Hopefully they sort this in the next day or two! My Q5 went in a few weeks back for a rattle in the console which thankfully has been fixed. There was a recall they did at the same time in relation to boot, think it was software. No mention of brakes and certainly nothing on myAudi for me on that.

An update for anyone who’s interested, software updates applied, brake system drained and refilled all in the same day last week which was good - they claimed the pre-sense isn’t faulty despite the dash telling me it was, the suggestion is to turn its sensitivity down but it’s only on medium and that for me isn’t the point - especially when the car told me there was a fault with it!

I got a video from them at 5pm showing the underside of the car and telling me the suspension is in good condition - I should hope so as it’s only 2 months old, but also it wasn’t in for any suspension works so it felt like someone had just been told to send a video because that’s what’s expected. Given the 30min window for collection they’d given me I had to get it the next morning. I arrived at 7.30 to find it parked venerably with a nasty scuff on the front bumper ):

They apologised and said they’d arrange for a home repair, but it became apparent that this had a 3 month wait so it was arranged that they’d collect it this morning to carry out the repair.

7.30am today, a call to ask me if I had a drive so they could leave their car on it, I said I didn’t to which I was advised it might not be collected today then as they’re a driver down and can only leave the car in a secure location. I ended up taking it to them myself to make sure it gets done!

Also no courtesy car available on this type of repair unless I pay for one.

OP, firstly, car looks amazing! Sadly, you are falling foul of the typical useless Audi aftersales service. Especially, at dealership level. I know I don't have an SQ5 but coming from a Q5 and into an S3, which currently is sat at a dealership and has been for the last 23 days after it cut out on a dual carriageway and wouldn't restart. I had a list of fault codes and they said they can't see them anymore even though I had a video and pictures. It does amaze me when they still try to detest its not a fault, especially as mine is only 4 months old and yours is even newer.

Reference a loan car, I wasn't offered one by the dealership but it would be worth contacting Audi mobility who can source you a vehicle when dealerships have nothing available.

I hope you get it sorted and just goes to show that you can't trust dealerships.

An update for anyone who’s interested, software updates applied, brake system drained and refilled all in the same day last week which was good - they claimed the pre-sense isn’t faulty despite the dash telling me it was, the suggestion is to turn its sensitivity down but it’s only on medium and that for me isn’t the point - especially when the car told me there was a fault with it!

I got a video from them at 5pm showing the underside of the car and telling me the suspension is in good condition - I should hope so as it’s only 2 months old, but also it wasn’t in for any suspension works so it felt like someone had just been told to send a video because that’s what’s expected. Given the 30min window for collection they’d given me I had to get it the next morning. I arrived at 7.30 to find it parked venerably with a nasty scuff on the front bumper ):

They apologised and said they’d arrange for a home repair, but it became apparent that this had a 3 month wait so it was arranged that they’d collect it this morning to carry out the repair.

7.30am today, a call to ask me if I had a drive so they could leave their car on it, I said I didn’t to which I was advised it might not be collected today then as they’re a driver down and can only leave the car in a secure location. I ended up taking it to them myself to make sure it gets done!

Also no courtesy car available on this type of repair unless I pay for one.

Sounds ****** awful but I concur with the aftersales service is awful.

Do you have a symbol of the fault in pre-sense on the dash. I get a little symbol which looks like and car with and explanation symbol on the left...didn’t think much of it as it disappears along with the car seats seat belt.

Anyway...could you argue for a free full service for th stress and inconvenience this has caused you..that has to be a start..

My only comment is if a dealer scuffs your bumper performing recall work, they should provide you with a car. If you told your insurance, they would have the accident management vultures sniffing around faster than you could say courtesy car...

Not posted for a while, so thought it was time for an update.
After having the Q7 loaner for just over 2 weeks, miraculously our arrived in the UK and was ready for collection. Sadly this was 2 days before our hols so we postponed collection until we got back. Turned out to be a wise decision as front bumper was scuffed by the meet and greet people! Imagine if the had done that to an SQ5 with under 150 miles on the clock!!
Anyway, finally collected the car on 13th August. Not much ceremony from Audi - they did give me a small bottle of water for my journey home!
Benn taking it easy for now. Still only done just over 800 miles but loving every one.
Haven’t really explored any of the performance, just taking it easy; the calm before the storm
A bit thirstier than I’d hoped when driving so carefully but it is what it is.
A few minor quirks; ABS calibration, convieience boot in consistent and a minor rattle mid dash somewherebut apart from that awesome.
No pics as you’ve all a Navara blue on 21’s with red calipers.
Mrs Steve using the mostly this week, so the fuel consumption will take a hammering, no doubt

I meant to update on this - i got the car Back within 6 hours of the scuff repair so it wasn't too bad, ridiculously they brought the car back with only the area of the repair washed...I don't like the dealer cleaning the car as they might as well use a yard broom, but I'd expect them to if they were working on the paint! There was also a lot of polish in-between the panels that adjoined the repair area.

A full vallet later at my own cost and the repair is very good so I'm not to upset - I wont be using Bexley Audi again thats for sure!

Also, does anyone who's had the latest software updates have issues with self park now? Ours goes through the motions, gets 2-thirds into the park and then says space to small and stops...it was brilliant before and now it's very poor.