SQ5 So the wait begins...again!

All,

Just had a conversation with the dealer and there is now a queue of cars awaiting to board the ship from Mexico. Therefore it’s likley that my car will no longer be a mid June delivery...ahhh...

That is sad news...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That is sad news...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It is..sure there are other members in a similar position. However current A4 Avant is due to be sold and likely to get a hire car in the intervening time..(trying to get one a cheap as chips for up to a month)..wife not happy as our second car (the one usually drive) is only a 3 door so likely to be a nightmare for the wife to get the kids and in out...

@Geordie Lee
Shame to hear about your delays. Indeed other members are in a similar position. Our delivery estimate was 4th June, but our car is sitting in Emden wait for... whatever!?! I am starting to think someone at Audi has made a bit of a feck up. Perhaps the Mexicans are more efficient at manufacturing than they had been given credit for. It’s all well and good if they build cars in Mexico to service the US market, but if it starts to impact RoW’s deliveries?And I won’t even mention WLTP!
Sorry. On a rant again

@Geordie Lee
Shame to hear about your delays. Indeed other members are in a similar position. Our delivery estimate was 4th June, but our car is sitting in Emden wait for... whatever!?! I am starting to think someone at Audi has made a bit of a feck up. Perhaps the Mexicans are more efficient at manufacturing than they had been given credit for. It’s all well and good if they build cars in Mexico to service the US market, but if it starts to impact RoW’s deliveries?And I won’t even mention WLTP!
Sorry. On a rant again

I have just been told by the Audi dealer...

Your car has been released to the ship on the 13th June it will stay there for 15 days for the ship to fill up with other vehicles, once all full it will set sail to the UK which will take approx. 24 hrs and will reach the centre up to 5 days after that.

Fingers crossed mid July..

Reactions: Powerenhancer and NevMan
@Geordie Lee
Given what you have just been told, not sure why my dealer is saying October for our car.

What status are you? Still 38?[/QUOTe

Yep..it is in Emden under status code 38. In port of exit (sensitive data removed)

1C6E2177 2178 4DE8 9BBC 36CA6082E44B

Not really (don’t want to get anyone into trouble) .it’s the ordering new vehicle screen surely they must know that....

Fair enough, hence me asking.
There seems to be a problem with that at the dealership some how!!

Thanks...I am sure there is only one ordering system and is used irrespective if you are a fleet or ‘Jo public’ ordering...my thoughts are that they know exactly what you are referring too but are not disclosing it...

Which dealer have you ordered with...

@Geordie Lee
Are you happy for me to send that image to our dealer? If I depersonalise it further.

Sorry...had a rethink...as you guys have been very helpful as as we are all on/in the same boat..(no pun intended..) .I am sure if you blank everything out and just show the screen shot of the format I am happy..as a another contributor has said..Carlisle audi have been and are good...just don’t want anyone to get into trouble..that’s all...

@Geordie Lee Nah, don't worry, it's cool. Asked my dealer for the factory order print out which she gave me originally, but with dates on around shipping etc.. still waiting for that.

However, I did call Audi UK, who this time were more helpful, eve though it wasn't good news.

My car is indeed on 'order stop' in Emden, so it's not going anywhere soon. Pushed for more detail as to why - started throwing toys outa little bit - and the guy is going to call back with more info if he can.

Thought a bit about all this and found this on a German Audi forum:

"The delivery stop number 4701 means that there are problems with the coating of the rear brake pistons, which must be checked and replaced if necessary. This error can cause overheating and gas bubbles in the rear brake system, increasing the pedal travel and braking distance. Affects only the rear brake system. Audi is working on a solution. Problem is at the moment probably still that there are not enough spare parts. The stop of delivery concerns vehicles which were produced between April 14 and May 24, 2018 , already delivered vehicles are called back."

Mine was built just at the start of that period! So, I am assuming this is the hold up.

Obviously can't guarantee validity of this, but does tie up with a recall in the US.

@Geordie Lee Nah, don't worry, it's cool. Asked my dealer for the factory order print out which she gave me originally, but with dates on around shipping etc.. still waiting for that.

However, I did call Audi UK, who this time were more helpful, eve though it wasn't good news.

My car is indeed on 'order stop' in Emden, so it's not going anywhere soon. Pushed for more detail as to why - started throwing toys outa little bit - and the guy is going to call back with more info if he can.

"The delivery stop number 4701 means that there are problems with the coating of the rear brake pistons, which must be checked and replaced if necessary. This error can cause overheating and gas bubbles in the rear brake system, increasing the pedal travel and braking distance. Affects only the rear brake system. Audi is working on a solution. Problem is at the moment probably still that there are not enough spare parts. The stop of delivery concerns vehicles which were produced between April 14 and May 24, 2018 , already delivered vehicles are called back."

Mine was built just at the start of that period! So, I am assuming this is the hold up.

Obviously can't guarantee validity of this, but does tie up with a recall in the US.

Some great info...*** mine was built on 14th May...but mine does not (from what I can see in the screenshot provided by the dealer) have any stop codes...we could be in the same position and your dealer is being more honest...don’t know where I stand now..

May call Audi U.K. tomorrow..do you have a number!

0800 699 888 option 7.
I hope, in a weird way, it is just me who's effected by all shiz, although I wish I wasn't obviously.

Still browsing through the German forum more info, but it does all add up.

thanks...there is either an issue or there isn’t..Audi (although suspending the CEO today) must be clean..if the above statement is correct surely is must be all cars not just a specific selection....unless it’s to do with a particular batch of brake pads????

More from www.Motor-talk.de:

'According to my dealer, this seems to be a bigger problem, at least in the elimination. My for the KW28 notified SQ5 is not delivered, as it is supposedly by Audi still no solution to the problem. All customers will be offered a free replacement vehicle.'

Translation via Google Chrome plugin, so apologies for the broken English.

thanks...there is either an issue or there isn’t..Audi (although suspending the CEO today) must be clean..if the above statement is correct surely is must be all cars not just a specific selection....unless it’s to do with a particular batch of brake pads????

I get the impression it is just a certain batch of bad parts. Don't know how they identified the issue, but pleased they did.
Last thing you want in your SQ5 is no stopping power. That and a 14 yr old joy-rider!!

I get the impression it is just a certain batch of bad parts. Don't know how they identified the issue, but pleased they did.
Last thing you want in your SQ5 is no stopping power. That and a 14 yr old joy-rider!!

Cheers..I am on to Audi U.K. tomorrow to clarify...

@Geordie Lee But TBH, I wouldn't expect much info out of them, but good luck anyway.

Well, as the kids break up for summer holidays and due to travel to our holiday cottage the three door golf doesn’t cut the mustard...hence keen to know if I need to hire a bigger car..or moreover wanted to know if Audi will provide one..

This is interesting - I just noticed by accident when I was looking at the ‘myaudi’ App that I have 2 recall notices - interestingly my deal or Audi UK haven’t been in touch, and the app doesn’t make it overly obvious (no notifications etc!).

I’ll give them a call and get it booked in - also the traction control light has a nasty habbit of flickering for no reason in dry conditions, under no load - the car does a 2 second stutter as if it’s ‘between gears’ - it’s only happened 4 times but then I’ve only had it about 5 weeks! Anyone else had such issues?

Attachments

• 4A19ACA5-6247-46B4-907D-B772CA5E4086.png
    4A19ACA5-6247-46B4-907D-B772CA5E4086.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
This is interesting - I just noticed by accident when I was looking at the ‘myaudi’ App that I have 2 recall notices - interestingly my deal or Audi UK haven’t been in touch, and the app doesn’t make it overly obvious (no notifications etc!).

I’ll give them a call and get it booked in - also the traction control light has a nasty habbit of flickering for no reason in dry conditions, under no load - the car does a 2 second stutter as if it’s ‘between gears’ - it’s only happened 4 times but then I’ve inky had it about 5 weeks! Anyone else had such issues?

@Arch_SQ5 I have a hunch... what was your build week? Mine was Week 10 and based on my car *not* having this recall yet, could it be that they were doing the work on my car before delivery? Just a guess, but would explain my car being in a black hole for a month with no tracker updates... It’s been a month since my car got to my dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@Arch_SQ5 I have a hunch... what was your build week? Mine was Week 10 and based on my car *not* having this recall yet, could it be that they were doing the work on my car before delivery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think I ended up with build week 12...

I have just been told by the Audi dealer...

Your car has been released to the ship on the 13th June it will stay there for 15 days for the ship to fill up with other vehicles, once all full it will set sail to the UK which will take approx. 24 hrs and will reach the centre up to 5 days after that.

Fingers crossed mid July..

The vessels take less than a day to unload and load and don't hang around. Cars sit in a compound until ready to be loaded. The logistics from Emden onwards is sub contracted and they have 15 days to get your vehicle to the UK. Unless, of course, there are other issues such as recalls, QC checks, damage repairs etc.

The vessels take less than a day to unload and load and don't hang around. Cars sit in a compound until ready to be loaded. The logistics from Emden onwards is sub contracted and they have 15 days to get your vehicle to the UK. Unless, of course, there are other issues such as recalls, QC checks, damage repairs etc.

Spoken to the dealer earlier today and after a lengthy conversation there is no recall notice on my SQ5 relating to the break pistons. The dealer outlined that the recall is currently with US bound cars. I pushed back and said that surely the same specs are used for both UK and US cars but the dealer clarified that my car was indeed on a ship in Emden waiting for the ship to be fully loaded (15 days as noted above). The dealer confirmed that if the ship has not sailed by 27th June she would chase Audi Uk.

Spoken to the dealer earlier today and after a lengthy conversation there is no recall notice on my SQ5 relating to the break pistons. The dealer outlined that the recall is currently with US bound cars. I pushed back and said that surely the same specs are used for both UK and US cars but the dealer clarified that my car was indeed on a ship in Emden waiting for the ship to be fully loaded (15 days as noted above). The dealer confirmed that if the ship has not sailed by 27th June she would chase Audi Uk.

I'm sorry but they are lying to you. Ship's don't wait 15 days to load up. They are at port 1 or 2 days max. There are currently no ships in Emden destined for Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne. A vessel to Sheerness left this morning and 2 left Grimsby earlier and are on their way back to Emden. Ask them which ship it is on.

Reactions: Dan_G
I'm sorry but they are lying to you. Ship's don't wait 15 days to load up. They are at port 1 or 2 days max. There are currently no ships in Emden destined for Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne. A vessel to Sheerness left this morning and 2 left Grimsby earlier and are on their way back to Emden. Ask them which ship it is on.

Ah thanks..not sure I would use the word ‘lying’. I didn’t ask the ships name but I assume it’s direct from Emden and if I look at the ‘port of tyne’ there is one due to arrival tomorrow 22/06/18 (city of Barcelona) from Emden and also another one which is under city of Paris which is from Grimsby.

The port of tyne goes to the 27/06/18 so I assume that the ship is only weekly from Emden direct to the port of tyne...so could be on next weeks..which would align to the 15 days..

Hopefully on the ship which is leaving tomorrow..

Thought this may help..I agree it could be On the tarmac of the port rather than on a ship..

https://www.myshiptracking.com/ports/port-of-emden-in-de-germany-id-156

Exactly, there are currently zero ships at Emden. No Audi's are waiting on a ship in Emden.
Thought this may help..I agree it could be On the tarmac of the port rather than on a ship..

https://www.myshiptracking.com/ports/port-of-emden-in-de-germany-id-156

I am really not looking to enter into a debate on the matter but 1) there are no ships moored in Emden right now with your car on it. If your car is in Emden then it is on tarmac. If you are fortunate then it will end up on a vessel within the few days but be prepared for up to 15 days. 2) These carriers do not hang around for days waiting to reach capacity.

I am aware of the tracking websites as my rs3 has been in Emden for the last 5 weeks.

Was just trying to help as it sounded like you were being fed BS.

Exactly, there are currently zero ships at Emden. No Audi's are waiting on a ship in Emden.

I am really not looking to enter into a debate on the matter but 1) there are no ships moored in Emden right now with your car on it. If your car is in Emden then it is on tarmac. If you are fortunate then it will end up on a vessel within the few days but be prepared for up to 15 days. 2) These carriers do not hang around for days waiting to reach capacity.

I am aware of the tracking websites as my rs3 has been in Emden for the last 5 weeks.

Was just trying to help as it sounded like you were being fed BS.

Cheers...just used google maps at Emden and there are hundreds/thousands of cars (covered in white sheeting) at the dock/tarmac...I am really hoping mine is scheduled for collection on 21/06. My 15 days are up to the 27/06...I can only hope...

On reflection I am not sure why a ship would hang around (as you said) as it’s not earning money if it just waiting...

@Geordie Lee
I spoke to Audi Uk again today and their reply to me story to me hasn’t changed and they still couldn’t give me more detail.
Still saying my car is on ‘delivery stop’ and being held for the foreseeable future. The guy told me they are out looking at minimum 24 weeks from build date to get to the dealer. They are also still offering me a loan car, so what ever the real reason, the SQ5 which was built as per my order, isn’t available for delivery.
I do hope for your sake yours is on the tarmac waiting to go. I guess we’ll all find out in the next 10-15 days.

@Geordie Lee
I too don’t want to accuse your dealer of lying, but if it’s US only why are forum members here receiving recall notices and why is it being discussed by German customer too?
I think everyone who represents Audi is being very careful about what they communicate to customers. They are in enough shiz already across the group.

Cheers...just used google maps at Emden and there are hundreds/thousands of cars (covered in white sheeting) at the dock/tarmac...I am really hoping mine is scheduled for collection on 21/06. My 15 days are up to the 27/06...I can only hope...

On reflection I am not sure why a ship would hang around (as you said) as it’s not earning money if it just waiting...

It sounds like your contact at the dealership has little knowledge of the process and is just making it up. If your car ends up on the City of Barcelona today then the Audi tracker will update over night and will change to status 39. You'll know by tomorrow morning via the online tracker if it made the ship or not.

I am now on day 36 with car waiting in Emden and you start to loose a little sanity as the days pass........ :sos: