So it's gone...end of an Audi era

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
So, the S4 went today. Been with Audi for several cars and a lot of years now.
After the stress I had and lack of help from Audi, it did leave a bitter taste.
But with work journeys changing, and still with debt from fixing it all, it was time for a change. And that change has led to outside Audi now.
Funny how you clean the car up to get sold and remember what drew you to it in the first place. Also haven't driven it like it should be driven for a long time and brought the smile back powered by all those 475 horses pinning you back to your seat. Think it showed the new owner what MRC are a capable of lol :)

And so I leave Audi behind now, and turn to other makes, a jag xfs, pick this up on Monday:
94ed7eec417fc571280efd99d6725788.jpg

More than anything though I'll miss this place and you lot. A big help and lots of banter over the years. I'll keep an eye out for what Craig does next to the car as he has some plans (most looking forward to the exhaust tbh), so I won't be off here completely.
If anyone has stronic issues, by all means point them in my direction as I've unfortunately got a lot of detailed experience, but pm's are probably quickest to reach me.

Thanks for making a great forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gaz170, jdp1962, Chop. and 8 others
The Jags nice mate, enjoy it.

Reactions: Sandra and razza1
Hope you enjoy your new car. Hope you will still drop in and use the forum. :) x

Reactions: razza1
All the best pal.. Hope you enjoy the Jag

Reactions: razza1 and Sandra
Sad to move on sometimes I know having just moved from bmw to audi. But I've no doubt you'll enjoy the jag it looks very nice.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Gutted it didn't work out. Still think you're too young for the Jag. :D Be interesting to hear if the Jag service is better.

Still never seen you about!

Hope it all works out. Best wishes for the future.

Tbh @scotty76 petrol costs were hurting me now and I'd lost love with it after about 6 months of pain. The jag did surprise me when test driving one at reading. Rev range was way too short though and just didn't the huge grin on your face when you boot it. But priorities have changed and head has taken over...if I'd stayed Audi and gone diesel the comparison vs what I had would have been too apparent. Maybe this way I might not compare as much...

Reactions: scotty76
Could have been worse, you could have bought a BMW ;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Keef and razza1
Well you were on that one quick weren't you! No waiting about haha.

Hope you enjoy the Jag mate, I'm definitely enjoying the Audi! :D

You could have gone A6 Bi Turbo diesel, with a remap and some tweaks easily do 400 bhp and keep reasonable fuel economy on a run. No DSG gearbox to worry about either.
Hope the Jag looks after you, they so have very nice interiors .

I've been tempted by the XF S a couple of times but having moved to Quattro from my RWD BMW 3 series I would struggle to go back. Living not too far from the Peak District means I'm ******** as soon as it snows and although it's only a few days a year it was a royal pain in the backside.

I know winter rubber is an option bit I don't have this problem on my A4.

It was a tough choice to leave the Quattro behind. Had a rwd supra before which was fun but scary in the winter.
Might need to look at winter tyres
Need to get the wife a new car so looking at 4wd for her to keep us covered in case of snow.
Fancied a complete change and with a lot more miles happening via work diesel was an obvious choice, and loved the look of these with the full body kit

A Jag is a different level imho :racer:

All the best with the new motor bud, looks braw :)

I'm not normally a lover of red leather in the slightest but that does look nice!

Oh dear I had better get my pipe and slippers :D

Reactions: scotty76, razza1 and Chop.
This has the rear diffuser and rare redzone interior. Was wary of red but saw one in the flesh and looked awesome.
8458f8ad5e9f821841e70ddc87490b1f.jpg

65c5374200711fb87e29327c301eacd0.jpg

@razza1 - Lovely looking Jag buddy! :thumbs up:

Sorry to see your leaving us. Shame your Audi experience has ended like it did

Good luck with all you do razza,I hope the Jag provides you with a nice driving experience

Come back and post a review of the Jag @razza1 - I'd be interested to read about your comparison to the Audi.

all the best bud,totally understand why you left the brand,my mechatronic / gearbox problems are still on going,week 6 now,though audi uk are heavily involved at this point in trying to get the original warranty decision reversed so they can fit a new gearbox!.seems they are doing all they can to keep me happy,i came back of holiday friday p.m to find a sepang blue A5 black edition with just 400 miles on it sat on my drive waiting for me..still no firm answer on whats going to happen and whos going to pay,but should know a lot more in a day or so..

Reactions: scotty76 and razza1
Good luck Razza. ..I'm not far behind....lol