Slipping Clutch after Stg 1 Remap

ENZO

Reaction score
Clutch has started slipping after remapping the car last week. Kinda expected it to go soon anyway as im still on the stock clutch @ 105k miles.
(only happened once so far - going up an hill with full car) got the clutch burning smell

How much am i looking at for an uprated clutch + fitting? any links to recommended ones?

Also how long could i drive on it like this? any other damage it can cause if i leave too long?

Thanks for any help.

you sure it was slipping and you didnt just ride the clutch too hard giving the extra weight+hill?

pretty sure it is slipping, the car hesitated while accelerating then i got the burning smell.
Anyway im gonna get it checked out to be safe, read that its only gonna cause more damage if left to long.

mines been slipping ever since my remap, since about nov time lol.

it only slips between 3k-4k so i just full throttle it after that :p

But i priced up a stage 2 and 3 clutch, tink its like £900 plus labour. but i think stage 1 clutch is £550 ish? someone will be able to give some prices.

Reactions: ENZO
If you're steady then it will drive fine for ages. Just don't use big throttle at low revs in high gears. From the start of my TDI slipping, it wasn't until 3 months later that I got round to swapping the clutch and the car was doing 1200miles a month!

But if you allow it to slip/accelerate too hard then it will wear fast as that is all what wears the clutch.

My work van has been fine with a slipping clutch for 30k + just drive around it and like C_W says don't strain it when the engine is producing peak torque.

Any info on pricing? Bear in mind I don't plan on taking it past stage 1
Best start saving before it goes

get another standard one if your not going past stage 1. you won't really need an uprated one if you don't overload it as said

Any info on pricing? Bear in mind I don't plan on taking it past stage 1
Best start saving before it goes

Just be really certain you aren't going beyond that,as you would need a beefier clutch for anything more.

I have had my Sachs 550Nm in for months, still saving for Stage2+ and the last bits I need :(