Side mounted intercooler

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
I was looking at those due to being told by Bill at Badger5 my 2 side mounted IC can't cope with the the mods I have.

Don't know but i cleaned my intercooler when i fitted replacement turbo and it was a ball**** getting it in and out. Just wondering how tight this would be.

The answer is simple:NO!
Why do you want to change the intercooler?Do you want to upgrade the turbo?Because otherwise it`s pointless.

Reactions: kiel
there ok if you have a ko3/s or ko4 but any larger is not worth it, but then depends if you want stock location fitting, plus you can all ways fit one both sides, believe running two gives around 85/90% effecency

ASHIHARA - just had the car remapped and an Alard egr delete kit fitted and got good gains so next is to fit a 2.0tdi 170bhp turbo from a B7 and a full de-cat exhaust so a larger smic or fmic should make a difference and even without mods noticeable gains can be made by fitting a larger intercooler.

K,in this case FMIC all the way,but keep the catalitic convertor on his place :icon_thumright:

tthen the next choice is tube and fin or bar and plate, both have very strong oposing pros/cons

basicly

tube and fin flow air better over the find for more cooling, but suffer from bad flow wiith in the cores
were as
bar and plate flow really well internally but does restrict flow over the fins externally

but for your and most peoples application bar and plate is properly best

K,in this case FMIC all the way,but keep the catalitic convertor on his place :icon_thumright:[/QUOTE

why would you say keep the cat in place ?