Should I? Audi A8 5 spoke alloys...

matt a

Reaction score
I bought a set of Audi A8 5 spoke alloys, but due to the difference in the ET they poke out front about 1cm passed the arch.

I love a bit of poke at the back, but like the front either flush or a slight tuck.

Do I sell up or get the ET altered?

96342632636004605734654.jpg

photo.php

Last edited:
Oh FYI its the iphone that has made the wheels look egg shaped! lol

Machining metal off the back of the wheel is the only way to increase the offset, and is never recommended. If you don't like the way they sit, I'd say sell up and get some that fit further in.

Aren't these wheels:

18" x 8.5J ET45?

If so, you shouldn't have any poke whatsoever :scared2:

I think your right, no tyres in his pics so might have tried on wheel only ans its always difficult to judge poke when doing that

They look good, similar to the ones you get on the top model Skoda Superbs. Might need to investigate the Superb ones, might have a useful offset as I've given up on finding a set of Phaeton wheels!

Yes them are the ones, only ever seen one set for sale and missed them. Priced them up at VW and nearly £600 each with centers! If I paid that then my Mrs would remove my right *******!

I think they are perfect OEM+ I need them in my life bad

011__scaled_600_009.jpg

DSC03984.jpg

Last edited:
They are OEM +. I've only ever seen 2 sets for sale. 1 on edition38 last year, guy wanted £1700 with tyres then a set went on german ebay for £700! (Never had any money at the time), mine cost me £1400 shipped from USA, they are brand new, sealed up with 4 layers of SRP. The silver passat estate is my friend David's car...

Here's my Helios collection:

Dave's Passat:

DMC1.jpg

DMC2.jpg

DMC3.jpg

DMC4.jpg

The guy who had them for sale on his MK5:

GolfonHelios2.jpg

GolfonHelios3.jpg

GolfonHelios-1.jpg

Photoshop on Norm's caddy :wub:

HeliosPhotoshoponCaddy.jpg

MK4 from GTI international:

DSC04221800x600.jpg

DSC04219800x600.jpg

Is there anything they dont look good on!? :confused:

............We have hijacked this thread a bit! :p

Thanks for the replies.

There is poke on the front, not much but visible (about 15mm out from the arch).

I love poke out back, but as said poke out front reminds my of Novas on 16s sticking out a mile from the arch.

ET45 8.5"X18" Hummm

Yeah that won't poke at all.

I had 8.5Jx19" ET45 on my A3 when I bought it - they sit really well in the arches (admittedly rubbing a bit on the back)

I may just sell them tbh, as they will only look good if the car is dropped (not a huge problem as I have a set of Eibach Pro-Street coilovers in the shed, but not sure I want the hassle of modding cars anymore!)

What's a fair price? I bought them a while back, and they weren't that cheap.

Really appreciate all the input, and sorry if my replies seemed snotty at times (not my intention).

Anyway anyone got any ideas on a fairprice for these? Minor lacquer issues on two wheels near centre bore, a few random marks, but no curb marks.

Thanks