SD card or memory stick?

Squirrelly

Reaction score
Hi,

I've given up with the idea of bluetooth music from my Android phone to the AMI as it seems a faff to have to buy a Tune2air Bluetooth interface for sixty odd quid. I've bought an AMI to USB lead and tried a little 2G memory stick. It plays fine and shows all the track info on the screen and will even shuffle (mix) play too.
I can use my phone just for Bluetooth phone calls.

Question is, before I go the whole hog and buy a 32G memory stick to fill with music are there any limits as to what size media source it will handle? Also, would a 32G SD card be any better instead?

Cheers

@Squirrelly - Which A4 model do you have? A B8 or B8.5 (facelift)?
The reason I ask is the B8 will take a max. 16Gb SD card while the B8.5 will take a max 32Gb SD card

I've never used my AMI or associated cables on my S4, nor do I intend to. Waste of valuable space in the glovebox if you ask me (AMI that is lol)

@Squirrelly - Which A4 model do you have? A B8 or B8.5 (facelift)?
The reason I ask is the B8 will take a max. 16Gb SD card while the B8.5 will take a max 32Gb SD card

I've never used my AMI or associated cables on my S4, nor do I intend to. Waste of valuable space in the glovebox if you ask me (AMI that is lol)

Ah... I'm not sure if I'm honest. The Warranty book says It's an 8K5 03C ?
04/2013 A4 Avant S-Line Black Edition 1.8 TFSI 170.

HTH.

Ah... I'm not sure if I'm honest. The Warranty book says It's an 8K5 03C ?
04/2013 A4 Avant S-Line Black Edition 1.8 TFSI 170.

HTH.
@Squirrelly - What does the front end of your A4 look like?
Front end of a B8 A4 -
Grillea_zps0aab7906.jpg

Front end of a B8.5 -

(Both my cars BTW old & new)

Hopefully this will help :thumbs up:

Is there AMI on all b8 models?
@Sean mooney - Hi & :welcome!: to ASN!

My understanding without digging thro' all the PDF brochures is -
Its an option on all models, B8 & B8.5, unless you have a Black Edition then its standard as part of the BE equipment

No I think mine is a SE technic model.. I've only got the car a few days and I've sent it for a timing kit and service so I'll have a look when I get it back.. I only noticed the card reader on the head unit but I'd also prefer a larger memory of music..

@Squirrelly - What does the front end of your A4 look like?
Front end of a B8 A4 -
Grillea_zps0aab7906.jpg

Front end of a B8.5 -

(Both my cars BTW old & new)

Hopefully this will help :thumbs up:

I've got a B8.5 by the look of it.
Thanks,

Attachments

• a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: Bristle Hound
I have an 09 b8 with ami. I am using a Sandisk 64 gb stick works fine. Just get one with a good read write speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 09 b8 with ami. I am using a Sandisk 64 gb stick works fine. Just get one with a good read write speed.

Thanks for the advice, I've bought a SanDisk Ultra 32GB USB 3.0 (speed >100MB/s) for £7.99 and loaded it up with 20GB of music. First impressions are that it works just fine using the mix/shuffle facility of the AMI and lists all the track and artist info on the screen. Problems solved!

It makes you wonder why anyone would bother messing about connecting a phone in the glove box or using Bluetooth for music.

Glad your sorted. Yes I only use stick and cards. Bluetooth for calls only.

It makes you wonder why anyone would bother messing about connecting a phone in the glove box or using Bluetooth for music.

For people with Spotify/Deezer etc you can stream to through the car and/or play sync'd tracks from both of these.

I find it easier to add music to my Deezer playlist (which in turn sync's to my phone) than downloading tracks, copying to USB/SD etc.

:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk