Saves me starting a new thread - anyone selling an ITG CAI for S3?

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Guys,

I'm torn!

Wanting to buy a Milltek Downpipe for my S3.

£621 is the best price for a brand new, high flow cat down pipe from Milltek

The advantage of this is, its brand new, piece of mind and warrenty. Disadvantage is the price and the fact that if the part fails, its a pain the *** to get back out again for repair/replacement.

I may have the option to purchase a second hand Downpipe.

The advantage to this is that its cheaper and the reputation of the seller is quite good. However, I am then nervous about buying such an expensive, key part for the car based on a second hand sale :(

Don't know what to do....

Pay the extra for brand new, or buy a second hand unit from a reputable seller?

Opinions please!

Thanks

Im sure I read on VAGOC that any Milltek warranty is void if part sections are interfaced with anything other than Milltek exhaust sections?

So if that the case then a cheap used dp+cat could be a good shout?

cheers
Paul

I bought s/h MT DP when i bought by TBE and other than the bracket breaking and then the expansion pipe destroying itself, its been a riot...........

At the prices you pay I'd be inclined to buy new.

It means you have warranty on your side, and somewhere to go if you get issues. Given the reliability of some stainless exhaust systems recently that could be worth it's weight alone.

Any warranty dies after the first owner, so if you're spending £400+ on s/h, a bit more buys you much more peace of mind.

Cheers lads!

Bought a brand new Milltek DP this afternoon from Milltek themselves - this has been an expensive week and I'm supposed to be spending money on others lol

Hopefully here soon!

Don't worry Boydie. When you hear the Milltek at full throttle, I think it will be worth it!..I have just got mine and I need to find a CAI now..I got a funny feeling I'm going to spending my christmas presents on me.