SAFE MODE PLEASE HELP

Jonny Gallagher

Reaction score
Hi There

My dad used my spare key to start the car today but i had a new cluster panel fitted and the key wasn't synced up to it so therefore my car has went into safe mode and will also not start with the original key.

I have tried all the basics steps like taking the battery wires off for 10 mins etc etc but still no joy when i start the car just cuts out

HOW DO I FIX THIS OR WHAT DO I NEED TO FIX IT ]

AUDI A3 8P 2006 2L TFSI

Cheer

Try this. Disconnect the positive battery lead. Touch it to the negative lead (or chassis). That should discharge any remaining current from the ECU and reset it. Then reconnect the battery and try a restart. If that does not work, get it scanned with VCDS and look at what error codes are presented. That should give you a clue to what is holding you back from starting. Good luck.

if the original key worked since cluster was fitted it would still work now even after the spare failed to start the car. whoever fitted the cluster should have programmed both keys really.

would need to test keys key reader and maybe interogate the cluster tonfind out whats going on.

i have replied to your pm btw.

Don't touch the positive lead to the negative lead seriously, you'll fry the ecu not discharge it.. Happened to my old rover 220gti 16v killed the car.. Things may have changed now but I'd never touch the cables together!!

Don't touch the positive lead to the negative lead seriously, you'll fry the ecu not discharge it.. Happened to my old rover 220gti 16v killed the car.. Things may have changed now but I'd never touch the cables together!!
I think he means to touch the positive lead to the chassis. So it will pull all the residual current out of the car.

Reactions: S3 AEX
As above, if the cluster worked on the one key, the old will not put the car into safe mode unless the install has been done incorrectly, something doesn't add up if the working key doesn't start the car anymore, call the cluster guy back to fix it & program both keys as they should of done in the 1st place.

Issue Resolved : Original Key was left in the car with ignition on for about 10 mins and safe mode disappeared ..... Strange

That's not right at all, I do wonder how the cluster guy programme to the car, unless you have a faulty inductive coil for the immo chip, very strange.

It is really strange and everyone is saying the same thing but the car is running fine now with no issue. Its just like it reset itself but I'm not sure and nobody can figure this one out lol