S5 + ABT = Worth the engine mod ?

Batmike

Reaction score
Just curious what people think about the ABT engine mode for the S5. My leasing company is playing hardball so it might have to wait to get an S5 - but it'll happen and I am pretty sure I will get the Front and Rear Skirt body kit - but wondering if the power upgrade is worth it (*) ?

(*) I am surprised it is pretty much cheaper than the rear kit anyway lol ...

ABT are renowned Audi tuners...at a big cost though. TBH, I would just fit a DTUK tuning kit as the power output is very similar and save yourself a bucket load. If you want body kit, buy it elsewhere and fit yourself.

Just looking for an excuse to use my Private Plate haha (S5 ABT) ...

That does put a different slant on it. Buy an ABT catback non res exhaust, put the ABT badge on the rear and BINGO!

Nah to be fair - I do like the ABT Bodykit ... but agree - tuning might be a different thing to consider. But one thing I would need to consider is warranty ...

Yes warranty is important. Any ECU flash will void it without question. I went for a DTUK box running on a 3 + 1 setting, Milltek non res catback with 4" titanium tips and it sounds sooo much better. Did a proper tested 0-60 run in 3.9 seconds!
Other mods I have done are;
Glossy carbon fibre rear diffuser wrap
" " " side skirt wrap
" " " front spoiler lip wrap
20 x 10 chrome TSW Bathurst wheels
AST Manual exhaust valve controller
Red LED front (doors open) lights
S5 puddle lights front
Audi rings rear

After all this I still have the 'bug' so plan to put in a larger intercooler and a better air filter.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
The ABT solution is not an ECU reflash (IFAIK the B9 ECU has not been cracked yet), it is a piggy-back. The reason it is so expensive is that it is a whole new ECU which effectively replaces the existing one, although being a piggy-back it can be removed so that the car can be taken back to stock. On that basis it is possible to avoid risking warranty.

The Mod is worth it but the price certainly isn't. I have no idea who actually buys this as they've just priced themselves out of the market, why not sell it for a quarter of the price but sell ten times as many!

As I understand it ABT mods are approved by Audi AG therefore for Audi to warrant the mod they would want a fair chunk of the cost no doubt, and therefore making it expensive.

As I understand it ABT mods are approved by Audi AG therefore for Audi to warrant the mod they would want a fair chunk of the cost no doubt, and therefore making it expensive.

That is true - but warranty is still with ABT. But it is correct that Audi approved ABT to a point, if you don't mind shipping costs, that you could have it shipped to ABT before delivery. I think .