S4 strange noise

s4mark

Reaction score
Had the S4 for about a month now and I have noticed a strange noise. It only happens at slow speeds such as when crawling in traffic and it sounds like an electric pump or motor working and it sounds like its coming from the N/S rear of the car. The car drives fine just curious as to what it is thats making the noise and if its normal or is something about to give up? It may well do it at higher speeds although I havent heard it but maybe thats due to the increase in engine and road noise. Any ideas appreciated

fuel pump ?

i did think that also and it may well be just thought if it was then it would do it all the time but this only happens at a crawl of about 2mph. will have a closer inspection at the weekend. I was just wondering if they all do this but not too worried about it all the time its driving fine

I agree, could be the fuel pump on its way out, they normally the start to get noisy before they fail, if you start to get spluttering on full throttle and hard to start then that's another sign of fuel pump failure, same thing happened on my old s3 and I had to get a new fuel pump, not cheap, £280 from Audi, will probably be more for an s4.