S4 paddles too small

They both look good for a decent price. As you say it will be about how well they mount and whether they are cheap to the look and touch, which is likely at that price.

I'd get a patent on them quick before Audi notice this thread and start producing them.

Ordered these http://www.relakmoto.com/Rallytech-Paddles-Aluminum-RtechAluB9.htm
They are finally out.. Super excited. Best design out and side view lines are perfect.

AD%20-%2005%20640%20WEBSITE.jpg

AD%20-%2001%20640x1050%20WEBSITE.jpg

I'll be interested to see how these Relak ones turn out.

The pictures used show the old style flat paddles, not the latest curved "aluminium" finished ones. Hopefully their marketing pics don't reflect the new paddles :racer:

From the view in the photo they will obscure the dials, which is probably why they were made smaller in the first place from a safety point of view...

It would drive me mad having those! Surely for the odd once or twice you're going to take your car on a track it's not worth having something like that stuck on it!?

For me it is nothing to do with track driving. It is for country roads where I prefer to drive on the paddles at 10-2 hand position. In this situation the standard paddles are almost useless.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Arrived quickly, nicely packed, very nice quality. Fit is excellent.

No significant obscuring of displays and controls but I will report back after living with them. Have to wait 72hrs for the adhesive to cure before using in anger.
1248157fc59854e457a3dcdcbc407df2.jpg
6d3081e2a8db83d04f16543909c4d880.jpg
041473deceb11d83c57a6176876008e7.jpg

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, SteveMcB and Dunders
Am just playing monkey looks good tho wasn't sure it would look right but is nice.

You had me worried there

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
looks good to me. What are the rears like, are they smooth or is there anything to get some slight purchase on? And was there any customs duty?

Have been using Relak paddles for a couple of days now and they're great. Even the lateral extension, at 9 and 3, is helpful and improves the movement/feel of the paddle.

Have been using Relak paddles for a couple of days now and they're great. Even the lateral extension, at 9 and 3, is helpful and improves the movement/feel of the paddle.
Have to agree with this. So far just a far nicer experience.

Initial impressions is a really nice tactile experence with far better access allowing you to focus on steering, not 'find the paddle'. I do think they could be 10-15 mm shorter at the top though.

I'll let you know how i get on when I have used them in anger later this week.

I guess most owners don't use them otherwise Audi would have made sensible size paddles. Seems to be an omission on an S/RS to me.

The standard Ines I'm finding fine and I use the 90% of the time even in normal driving

Reactions: NicoS85
The standard Ines I'm finding fine and I use the 90% of the time even in normal driving
I must agree.
These big things look UGLY to me and spoil the whole appearance of that part of the car.
Such a shame.

Reactions: NicoS85
I must agree.
These big things look UGLY to me and spoil the whole appearance of that part of the car.
Such a shame.
I would have been much happier if Audi had done it right in the first place but no dice.

The ones on the new RS3 and RS5 look a good compromise, slightly bigger than the ones on mine/ours with a chrome sort of edge finish. Wonder if they'll get rolled out across the range?

The ones on the new RS3 and RS5 look a good compromise, slightly bigger than the ones on mine/ours with a chrome sort of edge finish. Wonder if they'll get rolled out across the range?
The RS5 looked the same to me in the pictures.

3a4792c4e6ed5c8424838ac24f14c254.jpg

Interesting, look about 10mm bigger, wonder if they are one piece or stuck onto the original plastic part.

Has anyone seen them in the flesh?

Still not big enough for 10-2 position though.

3 and 9 is where it's at monkey

Reactions: pierreluigi88 and Daggerit
Audi sport say that the paddles are the perfect size and place for the universal race grip which is a quarter to three.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Audi sport say that the paddles are the perfect size and place for the universal race grip which is a quarter to three.
I have had these on for a month or so now.

They can say what they like but while I do not love everything about the design of the ones I fitted I am very happy with the improvement and will keep them on for the life of the car. I might change them if a better design comes along (about half as long and clean lines would do me).

For me they are a significant improvement on the standard paddles.

Reactions: Keeperlit
I think they look good, and def an improvement on standard, just thought I'd let you know what Audi sport said when I queried the paddles myself when I was ordering the car.

I think they look good, and def an improvement on standard, just thought I'd let you know what Audi sport said when I queried the paddles myself when I was ordering the car.
Thanks, such a funny statement of theirs.

The guy even took me on a test drive and demonstrated exactly why the paddles are like that. I'm no rally sport expert but it certainly made sense as with the quarter to three grip you always know what direction your front wheels are pointing

The guy even took me on a test drive and demonstrated exactly why the paddles are like that. I'm no rally sport expert but it certainly made sense as with the quarter to three grip you always know what direction your front wheels are pointing

Plus there are about a million controls on the steering wheel which you can't reach without shifting your grip a lot if you hold it at 10 and 2. Granted this is more an everyday driving thing as changing the radio isn't really a race priority...

Reactions: Keeperlit
I didn't say i liked the price :D

Much better than the stick on/clip on stuff.

5 months in and haven't thought for a minute of taking these off.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk