S4 - acrid smell.

Try driving with your foot on the foot rest and not the brake pedal.

Reactions: jdp1962
Foot well of the brake! Though it's that sort of smell or clutch! This last week I've been on holiday in a cottage up a farm track so I baby it up the hill. The smell is quite noticeable - I'm wondering if it's slipping the clutch as it barely more than creeping but it's quite an incline.

Does your car have hill-hold assist? It might be heat generated in the braking system if the hill-hold has been active whilst you were manoeuvring just before getting out of the car.

my car is S**T at releasing the hill hold and makes hill starts a nightmare.
mine is multitronic though and are notoriously crap at getting off the mark anyway

Anyone else have this slightly acrid smell (outside) when they get out of their S4?

How new is your car? Mine is just about to hit 1000 miles and still has that slightly acrid burnt smell which I assume is just the exhaust etc. It's definitely less intense than it was a few weeks ago so assume it is all settling down.

12k miles now but it's the same smell but stronger than normal. To be honest that 'new' smell is still there but generally less strong than recently.

No hha but it will hold the brake a fraction to let you shift from the brake to accelerator. That sounds plausible actually.